Diablo® III

Bring back Diablo runs

If you missed out when d3 was coming out. They nerfed the boss drops because they dont want people doing boss runs. They want us in the fields farming mobs till our eyes bleed. And its actually better this way. Also boss drops arent that bad... arent they the only mobs who can drop legendary patterns for crafting ??
Reply Quote
I mentioned this in another thread about making bosses relevent.

How about after you attain 5 NV killing the end boss of any of the Acts can give you a 6th NV stack and this is the only way to get that 6th NV. After that you can run the rest of the act if you want with the added bonus.
Reply Quote
Group play is lame. 75% monster HP bonus slows killing to a crawl, too many people leech. You always have that one overpowered wizard or barb running ahead and killing everything while you are too far away to get drops/xp from it. It seems like blizzard went out of their way to kill multi-player in D3. I just don't get their reasoning behind online-only client if they're going to completely design it to be a single player game. I could do without lag spikes and routine downtimes during my optimal time to play. Single player games are best played in the comfort of my own home and my own computer without being reliant on blizzard's network being up and working properly. But enough on that. I just wanted to point out why your "for multi-player only" idea is horrible.

I also get and understand that they nerfed boss drops because they didn't want this to become a "boos farm" game. But in the process of doing it they alienated a lot of players who like to get some variety in their play and also people who fall in love with a certain boss for flavor sake. In D2 I could fall in love with a boss for the sake of their storyline or the graphics or even the way the fight played out because I could conveniently farm that boss and I had a pretty decent chance of getting good items from them.

My brother had quit the game and I just last night begged him to log in and play with me again. He cited the reasons for him quitting are because the game felt like it was "over" too quickly. He was bored with it and had moved on. He didn't like the linear maps filled with the same old monsters every single time. He didn't like that there was really only one area where you could get halfway decent items at a halfway decent rate. He said he missed that the most from D2. The fact that every time you loaded an area, the monsters were randomized. You weren't stuck fighting nothing but succubi, phase beasts, and scorpions in Act 3.

You could go farm act 1 the pits and knew that you had a chance at the best loot in the game. If you were bored with that??? You could plow Meph for a while. Bored again?? Go kill the countess to stockpile runes! Go do the cow level for gems/runes/socketables. Go do a chaos/diablo run. Go kill baal. Do act 2's ilvl 90 area. There were so many good areas to farm that if you got bored with one, you could just go do another. There ISN'T that here. There's act 3, and that's pretty much it. Act 4 is too short and Diablo is too long of a fight for the reward. Act 1 doesn't have any cool areas to farm because the monster density isn't there. Act 2 is stale, at least to me. It was my least favorite act. In D3, it's farm A3 or GTFO. And that's just sad.

The way I see it, there are a couple ways we could fix that.

1) Introduce the random dungeon feature from the Torchlight games, or something similar. Even if you could only do it once per day, at least once per day I'd have something different to do.

2) Introduce the concept of certain bosses/uniques having an increased chance to drop certain gear. IE: Butcher has a better chance to drop Butcher's sickle. Leoric has a better chance to drop Leoric's signet or Crown. Diablo has a higher chance to drop Skorn. Etc. I'm not saying make those bosses be the ONLY way to get those items, but if Diablo had a 10% base chance to drop skorn over the 1% base chance of other monsters, that'd give you an incentive to go through the long, boring fight to get it. Same goes with other legendaries and boss monsters. Hell, you could even give some of the more annoying monster types a heightened chance to drop loot. IE: Elite/Champion Phase beasts have a higher chance to drop Tal Rasha's amulet while Elite Gorgons have a higher chance at Tal's belt. At least then I'd have a reason to go into Act 1 and look for an elite group of those charging bull things.

As it stands right now, I have no reason to do anything besides MP 0 act 3 unless I'm bored. And if I'm bored enough that the higher efficiency farming isn't doing it for me, I log off and go play something else or watch TV. I remember in D2, I played every spare moment I could. I wish D3 held that same allure for me, and I hope in the future it will.
Reply Quote
No that wasnt my point. I was aiming at the idea of the power that monster's have that increase in partied games. It would be very easy for players to just go solo and kill Diablo and reap the benefits of what I'm implying we should be getting for killing Diablo. But by doing this your going to push players away from playing together and by making it accessed solo will just be to easy and the over all feel would be less rewarding as it would be to group up with players and take on the prime evil together. tougher then he would be solo with increased health it will help promise a more lengthy fight with fellow players with a chance for great rewards.

This should be implemented with all boss fights. But greater with Diablo himself. Fighting Diablo should be for most the main idea of the game. Should it not?

It wasn't in D2. I don't need to be pushed away from group play, I find this in D3 to be pretty sad. I play solo, so if i chose to do this why should I be penalized. If you want to do him in a group fine but your only in groups mentality is pretty lame.

You wouldn't be penalized because there are already greater incentives to solo play in most areas of the game. Why not have greater incentives for group play in boss runs to give another gameplay style/option to us?
Reply Quote
I remember the days when i played D2, i always farm Diablo and Baal, that s really fun.
Reply Quote

It wasn't in D2. I don't need to be pushed away from group play, I find this in D3 to be pretty sad. I play solo, so if i chose to do this why should I be penalized. If you want to do him in a group fine but your only in groups mentality is pretty lame.

You wouldn't be penalized because there are already greater incentives to solo play in most areas of the game. Why not have greater incentives for group play in boss runs to give another gameplay style/option to us?

I'm happy that other's see my point. It appears that when I made this post, people seemed to forget that this idea of mine isnt to over rule all the other options we currently have but actually to be an addition too. If group play isnt your thing, and boss runs arnt your thing, then I'm sure your satisfied to point with what you do in sanctuary already.
Reply Quote
I mentioned this in another thread about making bosses relevent.

How about after you attain 5 NV killing the end boss of any of the Acts can give you a 6th NV stack and this is the only way to get that 6th NV. After that you can run the rest of the act if you want with the added bonus.

I believe an additional 25% MF and such would still feel very underwhelming.
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 04:51 PMPosted by nykfeng
I remember the days when i played D2, i always farm Diablo and Baal, that s really fun.

I was mad fun. Wasnt that fun when you did it solo. But man it was so much fun when you had a full party and every stream rolled as a group. OMG I miss those days. Main reason for this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
03/06/2013 04:51 PMPosted by nykfeng

I remember D1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_U3pU0ehgE

yeah
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 08:59 PMPosted by Lovelykitty

I remember D1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_U3pU0ehgE

yeah

hahaha. :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
It's generally a bad idea to create the whole world then only a very small portion of it is visited.
Edited by Llanite#1798 on 3/6/2013 9:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think that might be a slight bit off subject. Lets stay focused on Diablo himself here and brining back the D runs
Reply Quote
So I just a BUTT LOAD of Azmodan runs and Diablo runs just to test the drops to see if the drops are better based on the Boss's level... I didnt get 1 legendary or any rare that was worth doing anything with.

I think the only benefit was finding ways to get 5 stacks as fast as I could before Azmodan and Diablo. This was really the only enjoyment I had. The drops were such a waste of time.
Reply Quote
Farming the same boss over & over again is boring

so is not farming the same boss over and over again. who knew?
Reply Quote
well d2 also didnt have a tp right at diablo... you had to at least go around and clear sanctuary and avoid the iron maidens / instant death to pretty much all melee characters
Reply Quote
Who still remembers Diablo young brother boss ?
Reply Quote
Farming the same boss over & over again is boring

so is not farming the same boss over and over again. who knew?

This is more in lines with an additional option for players who enjoyed Diablo runs in parties like D2 was with Diablo and Baal and yes, There is a TP right to Diablo, but he still would require 5 stacks to get his drops.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8198730275 <--- Move to this thread.
Reply Quote
Solo play: no I do not want to feel forced to do a single type of run. This would be utter boring.

However! In multiplayer, boss runs could become a community bonus thing.

For every NV a player has, the boss has a higher chance to drop rare/legendary items. This is cummulative between players.

A very bad example in numbers:
1NV = 25% MF bonus on boss kill. If you have 4 players, each with 5NV's, they all get a bonus of 4x 5x 25% MF; or 500% MF bonus on the boss kill.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]