Diablo® III

Manticore or Calamity

I would like to play higher MP easier.

A two sockets manticore will gives me little damage upgrade (like 15% at best) for an astronomic sum of gold. Belt, ring and helm upgrade would be cheaper and grant me higher DPS boost.
I paid my manticore 8mils and I get better DPS than 200m manticore 2 sockets. I think I need 1 billion to get that 15-16% damage upgrade.
I used asian calculator to compare DPS. I didn't compare with a ruby instead of an emerald so the second socket only grants me +100% CD.

Would a calamity be a better choice? I see a lot of 1700DPS calamity being used on high mp DH.
Reply Quote
I think its up to your play style to decide which one to get. I haven't seen the calculations but manticore probably hits harder. Also, just my opinion, you should try using d3up or other calculators that help you get your money's worth for dps upgrades. I just recently got my calamity for 200m for fun and I only lost 15k-20k paper dps compared to my manticore. A decent dps upgrade from a glance for you would be maybe a WH that shouldnt cost too much.
Reply Quote
i keep both of my manticore and calamity

i use manticore when i go in a group, when i solo or in a !@#$ty group, i will use calamity

it is really all depends on whta your style is.
Reply Quote
i 'grew up' using a windforce... never a xbow. I recently i switched to calamity for an even faster attack rate...

ive since tried to use a manticore, outside of a strafe build, and just couldn't get used to the slower play style.
Reply Quote
but it's not as easy as calamity or manticore cuz your gear requirements change with both.

with a calamity average damage is more crucial than crit chance and vice versa with manticore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]