Diablo® III

Travis Day is...

awesome. No disrespect to Lylirra and company, but having someone deep involved in the game answer questions is great.

Kind of reminds me of Office Space.

Bob #1, the Consultant: So what is it you do around here?
Lylirra: I'M A PEOPLE PERSON
Reply Quote
T. Day is a Improvement Goblin!
Reply Quote
I'm glad we got an update. Sad to see how many people post negative stuff about it already and everyone saying "you know what would fix this game?" or "this is the answer" since everyone is obviously a game developer. Or an economist.
Reply Quote
Travis made a bold move and a good move. I salute you Travis. He has shown that Blizz has the brain that people so brazenly say they lack. Travis keep up the good work and keep us posted. You have started strong and we have faith you will continue. You are the treasure goblin of good news.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Alrdy posted a "Thank you, Travis" thread... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8088199782

Sign the guest book, would you?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/05/2013 05:30 PMPosted by DaRupp
No disrespect to Lylirra and company, but having someone deep involved in the game answer questions is great.

Amount of disrespects taken? Zero. ;)

The role of a CM really comes down to three things: engaging with our players, providing relevant communication, and representing the voice of both the community and the developers. We're sort of like shepards, but instead of managing adorable little sheep, we manage information -- information from developers to players, as well as information from players back to developers. When it comes to getting information to players from developers, though, sometimes it's better or more meaningful if it's coming from the source (i.e. from the developers themselves). We totally, 100% agree.

Things like patch notes, feature previews or announcements, polls, highlighting cool things the community has done, hotfix updates...that's all firmly within the realm of community management. Explaining design philosophies and discussing how those philosophies have contributed to certain decisions or are influencing future changes? Sure, we can do that (and often do), but those are the kinds of details we know players would prefer to hear from the development team directly whenever possible/appropriate.

So, our job as CMs -- or at least part of our job -- is to work with designers like Wyatt and Travis to publish developer journals and patch previews or host Q&As, and it's ultimately why we encouraged them to join us on the forums. I'm super excited they were on board with posting, because they're awesome people (and awesome designers), and I know they can help provide the kind of interaction so many of you appreciate.

That all said, the main focus of our developers is and will always be developing the game, so you're going to see CMs posting far more often. We hope to continue this trend of increased communication, though -- not only because it's something you've asked for, but also because we know it's important.
Edited by Lylirra on 3/5/2013 10:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey Lylirra, I am trying to become more active in the community and am trying to help by compiling suggestions for affixes/game changing legendaries idea. I recently made a rather long post and was hoping if you could take a look and give me some feedback b/c I'm sure a blue post would spark some discussion. Thanks.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Hey Lylirra, I am trying to become more active in the community and am trying to help by compiling suggestions for affixes/game changing legendaries idea. I recently made a rather long post and was hoping if you could take a look and give me some feedback b/c I'm sure a blue post would spark some discussion. Thanks.

Already ahead of you, dude! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8156835610#3
Reply Quote
lol

Lylirra just called us all sheep. Nicely done. :P
Reply Quote
Travis Day has given me a beacon of hope in an online gaming franchise that has had a nostalgic and sentimental value to my brother and I. We started playing Diablo on my Grandma's computer because she picked it up while she was playing Ultima Online. That's what started it all, the three of us a very long time ago.

My Brother and I followed D3's development from the very beginning and my Grandma was excited to hear about it still after all these years.

Thank you, because Diablo 3 hasn't felt right so far, but I feel as though it's making leaps and bounds into a very awesome and solid direction.
Reply Quote
Finally a CM that actually works !!!!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/05/2013 10:44 PMPosted by Ignatius

Sheep? Nah. This is the internet. If anything, you're like cats.

Or maybe corgis. Or red pandas. Or? Slow lorises.
Reply Quote
Edited by sheltem#1166 on 3/6/2013 12:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
i think i'm inlove with Lylirra
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Bumping a thread and now a meaning less post?

I think more than your Tardis is broken this time.

If you personally don't draw meaning from it, that's cool. We all value different things, and I respect that.

As for the bump? It was a good thread, and I wanted to elicit more player feedback. If I can't use my blue powers to promote positive discussion, then what good are they?
Edited by Lylirra on 3/5/2013 11:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've played a lot of online games and I don't recall seeing this much interaction from the Devs in any of the forums for the games. The replies are well thought out and genuine. It's a shame some of the community take it for granted. The more I see of Diablo 3 the more I like it. :)
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
03/05/2013 10:51 PMPosted by Lylirra
Or maybe corgis.

I'm pretty sure you just made Alona gleefully happy. =P

03/05/2013 11:09 PMPosted by Lylirra
If I can't use my blue powers to promote positive discussion, then what good are they?

For posting with awesome animated GIF's and an amazing blue hue?

But I guess threads about someone being the number one APS or QQing about downtime are better reads.

Seriously, how does a thread like this make it into the top 10!?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8087869744

Anyone who's seriously mad at Lylirra for trying to promote discussions about the game needs to take a look at the top 10 every once in a while and see what kinds of "useless" stuff makes it there all the time.

Personally, I'd rather see suggestion threads make it there.
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 10:51 PMPosted by Lylirra

Sheep? Nah. This is the internet. If anything, you're like cats.

Or maybe corgis. Or red pandas. Or? Slow lorises.

or japanese dwarf flying squirrels
http://imgur.com/RECx6

or fennec foxes
http://www.zooborns.com/.a/6a010535647bf3970b01116898bd5b970c-800wi

or sand cats
http://pets.withzoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/tumblr_kzs819VESh1qznquyo1_4002.jpg
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 10:36 PMPosted by Lylirra
We're sort of like shepards

Hi John! So where are we gonna gate to today?

(It's shepherd).

:D

Edited by TheTias#1192 on 3/5/2013 11:48 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]