Diablo® III

Travis Day is...

It will be very hard to work with Lylirra ,she`s just too hot.
Reply Quote
Pic or she doesn't exist!
Reply Quote
I think where a disconnect occurs sometimes is that the CMs are hoped to be a proactive advocate for the community and its interests, but in practice are required to be reactive defenders of Blizzard decisions and policy.

It's understandable though since a proactive advocate might stir up things a bit internally, and performance evaluations, raises, promotions, and retention might be impacted. A developer would probably have a little more leeway to make unambiguous, specific statements so hopefully Mr. Day and Mr. Cheng et al can pick up where the CMs hands are tied.

The fear of saying something specific is what hampers all CMs - or more likely their management. They promote the specious reasoning that "people will get mad if we have to change what we said" while ignoring how infuriating their long silences and vague, meaningless statements are to the community.

Most people understand that no plan survives contact with reality. The community members who don't and bleat out such nonsense as "Blizzard lied!" should be given a short sabbatical from the forums to meditate on the changing nature of life.
Edited by Zuzax#1341 on 3/6/2013 10:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
I think where a disconnect occurs sometimes is that the CMs are hoped to be a proactive advocate for the community and its interests, but in practice are required to be reactive defenders of Blizzard decisions and policy.

It's understandable though since a proactive advocate might stir up things a bit internally, and performance evaluations, raises, promotions, and retention might be impacted. A developer would probably have a little more leeway to make unambiguous, specific statements so hopefully Mr. Day and Mr. Cheng et al can pick up where the CMs hands are tied.

The fear of saying something specific is what hampers all CMs - or more likely their management. They promote the specious reasoning that "people will get mad if we have to change what we said" while ignoring how infuriating their long silences and vague, meaningless statements are to the community.

Most people understand that no plan survives contact with reality. The community members who don't and bleat out such nonsense as "Blizzard lied!" should be given a short sabbatical from the forums to meditate on the changing nature of life.

This, More people need to understand this.
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 10:36 AMPosted by KinU
Pic or she doesn't exist!

She exists as much as your laziness exists.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/06/2013 08:19 AMPosted by Sÿlak
I'm guessing that you are a player. I'm also guessing that when you play the game, you think to yourself, "WOW! The community is right! This _______(insert issue) is completely messed up" and you let the devs know about it.

Sure. There are times when I'm playing and I don't totally agree with or understand why a specific mechanic works the way it does, or I think it can be improved, and I'll hit up the developers about it. We talk a lot, about a lot of different things, and it comes up. Sometimes it's about things I've seen other players post on, so the conversation gets framed that way, and sometimes it's just a personal/trivial thing (like why can't I dye my fem barb's hair or how come the UI for comparing a two-handed weapon against two one-handers isn't all that intuitive).

We don't just relay the concerns we agree with personally, though. If the community has feedback that's constructive, well-intentioned, and reflects what appears to be a relevant portion of the players base, we make sure that feedback gets to the right place.

03/06/2013 08:19 AMPosted by Sÿlak
Some of your posts have the "middle man" feel about them. Like you are on the outside trying to bring the players together with the developers. A non-player. *shrug*

I'm both an advocate for the player and one for the developers. So, I'm kind of in the middle, and I'm kind of always working to bring the players and the developers together. You're right. (There's totally a reason I chose Auriel as my avatar.)

In a way, I guess that makes me somewhat neutral? But only because it helps keep things on track. It in no way dampens my energy or love for the game. I mean, I wouldn't be here -- and I don't think you would be, or our developers would be either -- if I wasn't passionate about D3.

Bob #1, the Consultant: So what is it you do around here?
Lylirra: I'M A PEOPLE PERSON

I am good at dealing with people!
Reply Quote
I like this Travis guy, make him new lead dev
Reply Quote
Definately nice to see the right track of mind and yes, Travis Day brings refreshment to the heaps of unanswered inquiries about the direction of the game.

But.... sorry guys. I'm ready to play the results of these thoughts. This game is 9 months or so in and too much is missing from what was expected from "out of the box." There are quite a few very simple fixes not directly to related to gameplay or even marketing that should be implemented as soon as possible.ID all is one of those.

Blizzard throws out tid bits of information and promise from blues to keep people calm and haters, spammers and whiners a bay, I have no doubt Blizzard will implement these things Travis is planning (with the rest of the silent devs), but, I'll jump in and praise when the deed is done NOT when they announce it will be.

Ya, Lyrilla has been helpful and well spoken ^^ She gave me a very honest response to a post of mine a while back. Just saying, I'm past words here.
Reply Quote
Definately nice to see the right track of mind and yes, Travis Day brings refreshment to the heaps of unanswered inquiries about the direction of the game.

But.... sorry guys. I'm ready to play the results of these thoughts. This game is 9 months or so in and too much is missing from what was expected from "out of the box." There are quite a few very simple fixes not directly to related to gameplay or even marketing that should be implemented as soon as possible.ID all is one of those.

Blizzard throws out tid bits of information and promise from blues to keep people calm and haters, spammers and whiners a bay, I have no doubt Blizzard will implement these things Travis is planning (with the rest of the silent devs), but, I'll jump in and praise when the deed is done NOT when they announce it will be.

Ya, Lyrilla has been helpful and well spoken ^^ She gave me a very honest response to a post of mine a while back. Just saying, I'm past words here.

Pretty much my sentiment I really haven't played this game for the past 3 months and its about time too, not trying to hate I'm just saying, it means I'm ready for some big fundamental changes and I know those won't be coming any time soon. I'm sure they're saving all of the good stuff for expansion if it even is good stuff. I guess with Jay out maybe this game can breathe.
Reply Quote
Just make Travis the game director , he's nice , and has the right mindset to make this game better .

PS. Lylirra is awesome too :D .
Reply Quote

While I agree wholeheartedly, I also believe most people don't make the distinction.

Blue post is blue.
Reply Quote
Travis Day is...
awesome.

+1
Edited by bearr#2157 on 3/7/2013 12:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
Quick query...

Legendaries getting buffs... Yay!

Drop rate getting nerfed.... Yay?

So, even with the drop rate higher after 1.0.4, and finding ZERO useful (upgrade) legendaries, now my chances are even lower...

: /

Yeah, ok. Thanks.

You clearly can't read with understanding. Amount of drops is going to be reduced but quality is going to increase.

No, you missed my entire point.

Pre 104, never find legendaries.

Post 104, find them constantly, but all garbage.

Soon, back to never finding them again.

Wow, things are are looking up now !
Reply Quote
Those blue letters are sure stroking a lot of people lol, when you shun your playerbase for so long this is the result.
Reply Quote

No. I prefer to find legendary one with every 100 hours playing.. but only if it gonna be "LOL AWESOM NOW I COULD SELL it and buy smth to upgrade me!!".

Now I got this: "lol... again? -,- " I dont even indentyfi. it. sometimes after 1 hour or smth cause I know it's piece of shi..
Reply Quote

No. I prefer to find legendary one with every 100 hours playing.. but only if it gonna be "LOL AWESOM NOW I COULD SELL it and buy smth to upgrade me!!".

Now I got this: "lol... again? -,- " I dont even indentyfi. it. sometimes after 1 hour or smth cause I know it's piece of shi..

Exactly. If it looks like a hellrack, I don't bother to ID. Same with frostburns, balefire caster, pus spitter, gladiator gauntlets, etc etc.
Reply Quote
who would win in a fight?
Travis Day vs. Wyatt Cheng
Edited by xJNx#1314 on 3/7/2013 5:26 AM PST
Reply Quote

While I agree wholeheartedly, I also believe most people don't make the distinction.

Blue post is blue.
I would have to disagree, given the amount of buzz generated on the forum each time a developer posts. Their posts are easily differentiated by the substance and quality of the content - or lack thereof.
Reply Quote
who would win in a fight?
Travis Day vs. Wyatt Cheng

according to google fight ...

Travis Day 85 600 000 results
Wyatt Cheng 54 700 results
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]