Diablo® III

What happened to Captain Rumford?

He suddenly disappears and then he turns up in Act IV as one of the illusions.
Anyone knows how he died?
Reply Quote
Mr.Rumford's death was truly a tragedy, at such a young age and with such a promising future. :(

He died during the Doom in Wortham quest, near the wooden bridge outside of New Tristram eastern gate. Many believed he died trying to protect Deckard Cain when Maghda and her minions surprise attacked New Tristram.

However,

I once stayed inside New Tristram the whole time, when my teammates were progressing through this quest, and saw something which I think might explain what truly happened.

Before this point Mr.Rumford was standing in front of out stash for quite some time, watching over the town center. When my teammates arrived in Wortham, Mr.Rumford began to walk away from his spot, and entered the Slaughter Calf Inn!
When our party exited Cain's house after his death, at this point Mr.Rumford can be found near the bridge, dead.

Apparently, someone, with too much responsibility and burden on his shoulder, went for some booze, subsequently wandered off possibly unconsciously outside the gates, and unfortunately got mauled by who knows what... Hence he his body was found near the bridge, instead of the town gates, where a defense against Maghda would more reasonably be held at.

Such a tragedy :(
Reply Quote
Holy !@#$ing %^-*, it's true :o
Reply Quote
OJ did it!
Reply Quote
I feel like Blizzard needs to clarify his fate. I don't even care if it's a ridiculous explanation.. But they should address it.
Reply Quote
Fascinating. Now it all makes sense.

Poor old captain rumford
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]