Diablo® III

New Environment

Before Diablo III was even close to being released. A small bit of great D3 Wallpapers released for us to feast our eyes on. One of them may have been (IMO) one of the best works of art I've seen...

http://media.blizzard.com/d3/media/wallpapers/wallpaper015/wallpaper015-1920x1200.jpg

I personally would like to push this idea out to the community and see how other fair the idea of this being a future place to visit in future Diablo III content? But if so I have some comments...

Try to do your best to keep the colors and the beauty of this image. I love the idea of visiting a world so beautiful like this in a Diablo game and slowly over time watching it turn to darkness. In addition to that, I'd like to see game play environments close to bodied water of the sea side. Bodies of water is not something we've seen almost any of in a Diablo game. It would be refreshing to test this out. This could be done easly by environments around dock sides and shipwrecks ect.

So what are your thoughts? Would you love to see this beautiful image be a reality in our Diablo?

Also check out my other post about ideas for bringing back Diablo runs here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8088619241
Reply Quote
Looks cool.

I think it's just another one of those pieces of "Art" work that really look good but do not translate at all to what we got in the game or will get in the future. Take a look at the world of sanctuary map.

http://media.blizzard.com/d3/media/screenshots/guide/global/world/intro.jpg

I think the map looks like a far more interesting and large Sanctuary compared to what my in game experience is.
Edited by Menacetech#1216 on 3/6/2013 9:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
I agrea. I just hope through expansions we can see more of this world. I mean... why draw it up if you have no plans to explore it?
Reply Quote
I believe that is Skovos, home of the Amazons.
Reply Quote
done ill take it the next patch :)
Reply Quote
I would love to see new environments but I am 100% sure that new areas will only be coming out in the expansion.

One thing I would love to see is create more of an open world where you have the linear path (both quest wise and destination wise), and then you have areas (not related to the main quest) branching off.

Anyways although I would love to see more of Sanctuary I think Blizzard is already really busy fixing the content of the game.
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 09:36 PMPosted by Menacetech
I think it's just another one of those pieces of "Art" work that really look good but do not translate at all to what we got in the game or will get in the future. Take a look at the world of sanctuary map.

Well, Skovos was reportedly cut very early in development, but this is one case where you can take heart in Blizzard's frugality. They NEVER throw away anything completely. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]