Diablo® III

Legendary Demonic Essence

Since 1.07 went live I've had this idea floating around in my head and that is legendary demonic essence. It would work the same way as regular DE in conjunction with the new archon and ammy plans but it would have the same drop rate as legendary items and it would randomly roll between 1-3 choose affixes. This would allow you to pick up to 3 affixes (depending on your roll) that you want to put on the crafted item. The affixes would have to be native to the item and the values of affixes would still be random but you would have up to 3 automatic locked in affixes.

What do you guys think?
Reply Quote
If they do this my guess is allow a reroll of one of the affixes. So a Legendary DE plus a ton of gold for the reroll of one affix. Sounds about right...
Reply Quote
I feel that a solid improvement would be to create brand new legendary items that would not drop from mobs, but have a low chance of being crafted instead of the plan you were trying to make.

If you make these legendary items unique enough to warrant consideration as BiS in some fashion (such as by rolling stats not normally seen for that slot), you will allow for a greater itemization while also giving incentive to actually play the game (finding mats).

For instance, if you were trying to craft archon gloves of main stat, instead of those gloves, you get a legendary lvl 63 glove that has the main stat, and adds %5-10 elemental damage along with the 4 other random rolls. There could even be multiple different legendary items for each slot that have different unique rolls, or set items that match to other set items from different slots.
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 11:49 AMPosted by CaptainCarl
If they do this my guess is allow a reroll of one of the affixes. So a Legendary DE plus a ton of gold for the reroll of one affix. Sounds about right...

lol they probably would charge 20m to use legendary demonic essence who knows
Reply Quote
They should just do something like:

1 DE crated item: 1 guranteed affix
10 DE crated item: 2 guranteed affix
100 DE crated item: 3 guranteed affix
1000 DE crated item: 4 guranteed affix
10000 DE crated item: 5 guranteed affix
100000 DE crated item: 6 guranteed affix
Reply Quote
They should just do something like:

1 DE crated item: 1 guranteed affix
10 DE crated item: 2 guranteed affix
100 DE crated item: 3 guranteed affix
1000 DE crated item: 4 guranteed affix
10000 DE crated item: 5 guranteed affix
100000 DE crated item: 6 guranteed affix

This would never work everyone would have super ultra gear in no time
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]