Diablo® III

Why is PS3 beating XBOX 360 so badly now?

When they first came out was like there really was no good games for PS3.

Now the 360 is like complete landfill. So many PS3 exclusives and I am pumped for the last of us and until dawn 2 awesome survival horrors. Throw in God of War Ascension I can't really name all its too much.

When I hear xbox 360 its like do I look retarded to play some trash that you can get on PC with superior graphics and ontop of that pay to play online on this trash box?

Who is even dumb enough to pay just to play online?
Reply Quote
What are you talking about moron?

PS3 has been destroying xbox since the release of uncharted in 2007

Thats 5 years of destroying trash the box. Good grief you have no brain. Even your precious D3 is coming to PS3 alone. ROFL
Reply Quote
So basically one game you are excited for is PS3 exclusive and you act like PS3 has everything better than xbox?

xbox stomped all over PS3 this generation, anyone even remotely objective can see that...last generation it was the other way around...next generation it will be...???

I feel obliged to remind you that the PS3 has surpassed the 360 in total sales.
Reply Quote
PS3 had overall greater specs than 360. That's undeniable, but technology and development wasn't up to par yet.

That's why 360 had more early stuff to rake in sales until stuff caught up PS3 and now 360 is in the dust. Just the usual trend.

Although I like PS3 exclusives a lot more than 360. (Uncharted, Valkyria Chronicles, JRPGs, etc.)

Xbox felt too western for my tastes (Halo, GoW etc. they all involve guns, although I didn't mind GoW(Gears of War not God of War))
FF13 was like... what 4 CDs for the 360? and 1 CD for PS3.
I didn't buy 13-2 nor am i going to get 13-3. They chopped out a lot from FF13 just to fit it to 360.
Much like what I suspect in regards to D3 PC to D3 console.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 3/6/2013 3:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 11:45 PMPosted by JOHN
So many PS3 exclusives and I am pumped for the last of us and until dawn 2 awesome survival horrors. Throw in God of War Ascension I can't really name all its too much.

I have both consoles.. XBOX works and looks better for multiplatform games, so that the console i choose when i need to play one of those games... But yes, PS3 have amazing exclusives (MGS4 is the best game ever mane, and uncharted series are amazing. God Of War 3 is lame for me).

the last of us and until dawn are not even out and you are hyped by that? You should be the kind of people who preorder games based on amazing trailers then fill metacritic with score 1 when the game is not that good. In the other hand you have Alan Wake(360 exclusive), a very solid game that is amazing.

03/05/2013 11:45 PMPosted by JOHN
Who is even dumb enough to pay just to play online?

XBOX is not that expensive if you buy one year subscription, and the service is flawless. The curious part of this, is that the XBOX most important games: Halo Series and Gear Of War series have and amazing Offline Co-op Support.
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 09:25 PMPosted by Mariano
In the other hand you have Alan Wake(360 exclusive),

it's also on PC... I don't know if that counts as exclusive.
Reply Quote
I was a HUGE Xbox (original and 360) fan for years. It has only been in the past year or so that I have made a switch to preferring my PS3. I've owned the PS3 for about 4 years but only looked at it as a secondary console.

I played the hell out of my 360. I was quite addicting to Modern Warfare 2 online but when I eventually quit that I slowly stopped playing the 360 all together. My live ran out and I lost interest.

Then I just started playing more PS3 and now I prefer it. I found when I was on my Xbox I took gaming a little too seriously. The way I approach the PS3 is a little mroe casual and for that reason alone I am a happier gamer. No more fits of rage haha.
Reply Quote
View profile
Because Microsoft consoles don't sell for jack in Japan...and the vast majority of good console games come from Japan. The Xbox gets watered down PC ports while the PS3 gets the good Japanese games, there's your difference.
Reply Quote
03/09/2013 11:09 PMPosted by Saerydoth
Because Microsoft consoles don't sell for jack in Japan...and the vast majority of good console games come from Japan. The Xbox gets watered down PC ports while the PS3 gets the good Japanese games, there's your difference.

lol also games coming out of japan for console isn't riddled with guns. wellll... except maybe Resonance of Fate, but even then, it's not some FPS, it was TURN BASED. thaaaat's right :D
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 3/9/2013 11:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
To be honest here, I own all 3 consoles. Xbox 360, PS3 and now a Wii U. I always buy all 3 because I want the best of all 3 worlds. Between the 3 systems I use my PS3 the most. The only game thats actually worth playing on Xbox right now is Halo 4 and thats really it. When it comes to console exclusives, Xbox does not get very many good ones. Not only that, but in order to play online with Xbox you have to pay that awful 6$ fee every month. May not seem like much, but it adds up quickly. Wii U is LOTS of fun for those of you that dont have one however the lack of nintendo games right now sucks, but that will change in the near future. If I had to rate all 3 systems in order from favorite to least favorite then it would go something like this:

1. PS3
2. Wii U / Wii (When I still had it)
3. Xbox 360

Just my 2 cents here.
Reply Quote
OP sounds like a PS3 fanboy.

Both systems have done very well. PS3 has the global sales and xbox I believe has the sales in the states.

In terms of games they both have great exclusives, it just depends on a persons gaming tastes.
Reply Quote
OP sounds like a PS3 fanboy.

Both systems have done very well. PS3 has the global sales and xbox I believe has the sales in the states.

In terms of games they both have great exclusives, it just depends on a persons gaming tastes.

QFT
Reply Quote
The Xbox 360 owns America, and most of the western world in terms of pure market share, game unit sales and profitability. The PS3, however, does extremely well on it's home turf of Japan where the Xbox 360 is basically ignored. In Japan, however, the biggest selling games are the ones that are not localised for Western markets until years after their launch.

In terms of most of the people on this forum, the Xbox 360 is the undisputed king of the hill in your markets. The PS4 only just claws ahead when you factor in the largest market on earth - Asia - and the fact that the Xbox 360 just failed outright there.
Halo 4 alone surpasses the lifetime sales of the entire Uncharted series, and made Microsoft more money than the top three Playstation exclusives combined. Sony aren't nearly as big as people think that they are.

In terms of raw financial success, however, Microsoft has left Sony for dead. Across the entire breadth of this generation, Microsoft managed to turn a profit from it's Xbox and Entertainment division, thanks mostly to Xbox Live. And that's after you factor in the Red Ring of Death fiasco -which cost over a billion dollars to remedy.
Sony, however, has actually lost money with the entire Playstation 3 debacle. Sony expected the Playstation 3 to sell like hotcakes, and it failed spectacularly right out of the gate. When compacted with the amount of money the Playstation Portable and Playstation Vita have lost Sony over their life, Playstation is the least successful name in gaming since the old Atari days. In fact, the loss is so great that the mismanagement of the Playstation brand in all it's forms is single handedly responsible for Sony's net losses for the last seven years.

What's humerous is, of course, Nintendo. They managed to make more money off of the original Nintendo DS alone to surpass the profits of the entire range of Xbox, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PSP, Playstation Vita and Xbox Live combined. Add the Wii into it, and Nintendo are literally laughing all the way to the bank. Even if the Wii U is ultimately a complete failure, they've got enough money in their coffers to fund their company without any profits for the next five decades.
Reply Quote
The Xbox 360 owns America, and most of the western world in terms of pure market share, game unit sales and profitability. The PS3, however, does extremely well on it's home turf of Japan where the Xbox 360 is basically ignored. In Japan, however, the biggest selling games are the ones that are not localised for Western markets until years after their launch.

In terms of most of the people on this forum, the Xbox 360 is the undisputed king of the hill in your markets. The PS4 only just claws ahead when you factor in the largest market on earth - Asia - and the fact that the Xbox 360 just failed outright there.
Halo 4 alone surpasses the lifetime sales of the entire Uncharted series, and made Microsoft more money than the top three Playstation exclusives combined. Sony aren't nearly as big as people think that they are.

In terms of raw financial success, however, Microsoft has left Sony for dead. Across the entire breadth of this generation, Microsoft managed to turn a profit from it's Xbox and Entertainment division, thanks mostly to Xbox Live. And that's after you factor in the Red Ring of Death fiasco -which cost over a billion dollars to remedy.
Sony, however, has actually lost money with the entire Playstation 3 debacle. Sony expected the Playstation 3 to sell like hotcakes, and it failed spectacularly right out of the gate. When compacted with the amount of money the Playstation Portable and Playstation Vita have lost Sony over their life, Playstation is the least successful name in gaming since the old Atari days. In fact, the loss is so great that the mismanagement of the Playstation brand in all it's forms is single handedly responsible for Sony's net losses for the last seven years.

What's humerous is, of course, Nintendo. They managed to make more money off of the original Nintendo DS alone to surpass the profits of the entire range of Xbox, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PSP, Playstation Vita and Xbox Live combined. Add the Wii into it, and Nintendo are literally laughing all the way to the bank. Even if the Wii U is ultimately a complete failure, they've got enough money in their coffers to fund their company without any profits for the next five decades.

The 360 leads the PS3 in North America. The PS3 leads the 360 (in terms of sales) in other markets. It should be noted that comparing sales between the two platforms is misleading since the 360 has been on the market for an additional year.

It wouldn't hurt you to provide some actual numbers to back up your claims.
Reply Quote
Why do fanboys insist on still playing up this console war thing? All three systems did amazing things for gaming in general. Microsoft led the way with online gaming with xbox live, and Sony followed suit with PSN and both are now roughly equal(both have pros and cons). Soon Nintendo is expected to follow in that regard in making there own online service and having these three compete against each other is only good for us gamers. Furthermore, Nintendo always is changing the way we play video games. Where would the PS Move or the xbox kinect be if Nintendo didn't showcase their technology first.

Each company has its own share of excellent first party titles; whether it's Uncharted, God of War, Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, and Halo. I have owned every Sony system, and everything from Nintendo expect the DS and Wii U. Never really had a need for an xbox, since I have a high end gaming PC, but that doesn't mean I inherently hate it.

Anyway, if you are a true gamer, why not try to play them all?
Reply Quote
Well I have to say I am happy that Diablo 3 is going to Playstation! I miss Diablo on PS1 for those who do not remember that. Just recently announced XBOX live users are seriously probed by the government. Microsoft had to release a report on it. I have my rights of freedom but Xbox users are government monitored! Not like I do anything illegal anyway but if my wife took some seductive pics and saved it to a Xbox for me to see well the government could also see it and that's not cool! PS3 at least I know pics would be secure!

Read the article if you want

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/03/21/govt-probed-microsoft-customers-twice-as-often-as-google-report-reveals/
Reply Quote
I would think xbox is doing ok, haven't they dominated the market for the last 28 months in a row or some crap like that? And doesn't xbox have something like 1.2m more hardware sold globally then ps3?
Reply Quote
Well I have to say I am happy that Diablo 3 is going to Playstation! I miss Diablo on PS1 for those who do not remember that. Just recently announced XBOX live users are seriously probed by the government. Microsoft had to release a report on it. I have my rights of freedom but Xbox users are government monitored! Not like I do anything illegal anyway but if my wife took some seductive pics and saved it to a Xbox for me to see well the government could also see it and that's not cool! PS3 at least I know pics would be secure!

Read the article if you want

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/03/21/govt-probed-microsoft-customers-twice-as-often-as-google-report-reveals/

What makes you think PS3 networks aren't probed also? Just because they haven't told you?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]