Diablo® III

Act One and Two? Not worth it?

when you say you are satisfied with the overall mob density you must be talking about keep and arreat crate maps (ie the areas that people run and reload none stop to level)? cause the rest of the other areas feel pretty empty like the towers and the other areas

the fun part of diablo in general is being able to kill stuff... not run around 80% of the time to find stuff to kill or reloading 1 section of an act non stop cause the rest of the other areas have next to no mobs to kill

^This.

I have been playing other games and the encounters with enemies FAR surpass the likes of Diablo 3. Even Act 3.

MikeAkaJB is right. Sure there are some parts of act 3 that are good but the rest is just as lacking as act one.... The BEST act.

That is the act that everyone got in the beta and raved and carried on how good the game was. Little did they see act 2 or 3 or dismal act 4.

Sooooo...... The sooner you guys (at Blizzard) get over your idea of "this is fun" and "this is balance" and "this will make the game last longer", the sooner you will focus on what makes it fun (e.g. LOTS more monsters and places to kill monsters with awesome loot that doesn't sub-par everything else on the market or under-par everything so hard that it's laughable.) and the soon it will be the Diablo we will be happy to call Diablo 3.

Last thing. Everything you guys (at Blizzard) have done to try to "prolong" the playability if this game, the more you have upset players and made the game a worser experience overall. The last dev blog was awesome and seems you guys have noticed this. If you listen to your fans and give them what they want, they will come back time and time again wanting MOOOOORE. :D
Reply Quote
03/08/2013 01:01 AMPosted by Presence
While you're at it, not only the EXP quest reward needs a bit of an overhaul: The EXP bonuses for monsters killed in one blow and for massacres needs an adjustment, too. Either that or don't give any EXP bonus at all. Just be consistent. Also, I don't like getting 820 gold as a quest reward - Make it no gold at all or something useful, like 500 gold multiplied by Paragon level multiplied by Monster Power.

You mean multiplied by your character level as well. :p It truely is pathetic that nothing actually scales with level. Along with paragon level which would just make sense.

I want 5000 gold min for doing a quest. Let's say about 100K EXP for a big quest? Why not give people different solutions other than just facerolling act 3, MP 2?

Those combo bonus EXPs really need to scale too. So much more interesting LOOKING for those multi-kills and stuff to get that EXP boost. Let's say 10+ combo is 5K EXP,20+ is 15K and 30+ is 30K? Just random numbers but what do you think?
Reply Quote
We're fairly satisfied where the with the overall mob density in Act 3, and we're currently working on some mob density changes for Acts 1, 2, and 4 of Inferno difficulty that should make them more appealing. So in the future, you should have the opportunity to try your hand at the other Acts and hopefully you can find even more farming routes you groove with.

That said, one of the additional improvements we're hoping to make is to make it so that XP from quests would be granted to players that are at level cap. Every little bit helps, after all. :)

I hope you are not annoyed by this question, for I have asked it before, but are there plans to implement a feature which makes travelling between quests a possibility?
Edited by Kroffe#2344 on 3/8/2013 1:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
03/08/2013 01:01 AMPosted by Presence
Also, I don't like getting 820 gold as a quest reward - Make it no gold at all or something useful,

Rewards are funny in D3, little gold or a health potion or take my weapon: a useless blue item. Sometimes it gives me a good laugh. I'm missing the elixirs for permanent stat or resistance boost. It would be interesting if sometimes but not all the times we could choose from 2-3 unidentified items and they could be magicals, rares or gems or plans maybe even legendaries or sets if we are very, very lucky.
Reply Quote
03/08/2013 02:01 AMPosted by ssanyesz
Also, I don't like getting 820 gold as a quest reward - Make it no gold at all or something useful,

Rewards are funny in D3, little gold or a health potion or take my weapon: a useless blue item. Sometimes it gives me a good laugh. I'm missing the elixirs for permanent stat or resistance boost. It would be interesting if sometimes but not all the times we could choose from 2-3 unidentified items and they could be magicals, rares or gems or plans maybe even legendaries or sets if we are very, very lucky.

Stop making sense! lol
Reply Quote
Also, I don't like getting 820 gold as a quest reward - Make it no gold at all or something useful, like 500 gold multiplied by Paragon level multiplied by Monster Power.

You mean multiplied by your character level as well. :p It truely is pathetic that nothing actually scales with level. Along with paragon level which would just make sense.

I want 5000 gold min for doing a quest. Let's say about 100K EXP for a big quest? Why not give people different solutions other than just facerolling act 3, MP 2?

Those combo bonus EXPs really need to scale too. So much more interesting LOOKING for those multi-kills and stuff to get that EXP boost. Let's say 10+ combo is 5K EXP,20+ is 15K and 30+ is 30K? Just random numbers but what do you think?

I don't care much how the maths are being implemented with all of this. My expectations are so low by now that I just want there to be some maths at all, any sort of numerical reasoning instead of just no thought at all. I do not play these quests for the rewards, they just happen to me while farming around. And to get a message window telling me I just won 820 gold - by the way a window which very often has to be clicked away and won't disappear by itself (sloppy coding!) - well, it's just insulting. It's like the devs saying to me: "We won't bother with anything and you just will have to take it, buster."
Edited by Presence#2778 on 3/8/2013 5:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yea kind of is. By the way you can just press space bar to close any windows like that, skip cut-scenes and even skip NPC chatting when they have that ... over their head. :D

I would've thought scaling bonuses would've been common sense. Guess not. Although they were just concerned about not getting rewards for quest after hitting inferno.... Why??? I dunno. :( I have no idea where this train of thought of punishing players would be the best way to keep them playing. God we're not pets that need dicipline! We just want to have FUN with our game! lol
Reply Quote
Back to the OP, Act 2 can be very good for farming items. I run all of the Oasis and Desolate Sands and can kill more elite in the same amount of time than a3. The Archives is hit or miss, but it is nice to mix it up and get a change of scenery.

A1 just kinda stinks right now unless youre doing a key run or ubers.
Reply Quote
Can't wait for the mob buff. They can't put too many monsters in. It's not possible. How ever many the put in will not be enough. lol

Any act (except 4) is fine for farming loot but if you want EXP then no act 3 is the go.
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 10:33 AMPosted by Idahowolfcub
Act 2 VOTA will always be one of the best places to farm. I also love doing a quick Whimsyshire, then cemetary and then Fields for Key. Those are my two alternate farms.

Random question - where/why is your name idahowolfclub?

I have my reasons :)
Reply Quote
Idaho? Wolf? Cub? Huh? lol
Reply Quote
Increasing monster density should not be the lone answer. Having less density but stronger monsters that give more XP per kill could be as efficient. And this will make skills that do more damage on less wide area becoming more efficient in some area.
Reply Quote
I'd rather run Act 3 from the KW up through Siegebreaker 20 times than have to run that awful Zoltun Kulle quest again
Reply Quote

We're fairly satisfied where the with the overall mob density in Act 3, and we're currently working on some mob density changes for Acts 1, 2, and 4 of Inferno difficulty that should make them more appealing. So in the future, you should have the opportunity to try your hand at the other Acts and hopefully you can find even more farming routes you groove with.

That said, one of the additional improvements we're hoping to make is to make it so that XP from quests would be granted to players that are at level cap. Every little bit helps, after all. :)

What an obvious thing to do, just like Exp Shrines in Inferno.

It is amazing that it takes you guys so long to figure out basic shortcomings. Oh...we force quests onto players, then stop giving any rewards for them once level 60 and leveling paragon!

Oh, no Exp Shrines? HAHAHAHAH.

What, you want MORE experience for fighting harder content? HAHAHAHAHAH

6 months later...yes those are reasonable since our players are leaving in droves.

Paragon wasn't in the game at release. They put it in to give players something to do. So the quests not giving EXP and not having shrines is understandable.
Reply Quote
03/08/2013 06:44 AMPosted by holce
Increasing monster density should not be the lone answer. Having less density but stronger monsters that give more XP per kill could be as efficient. And this will make skills that do more damage on less wide area becoming more efficient in some area.

That's why it would great to have a Monster Power like option for Monster Density (1x-10x), then each player decide what act, MP and MD we would like to play and what is fun for us :-)

In act 1 "endless waves" of skeletons and zombies :D
Edited by ssanyesz#2866 on 3/8/2013 7:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
Can you make a change so that i can move between acts without having the quest line shoved down my throat? Can i like have a NO quest mode? Or just let me teleport to a different act with my stacks? I would love to go act 1-4 after the changes, but it would just take wayyyyyyyy to long if i had to do the quests, as of now i dont do ANY quests for farming, i just start at the last quest before boss of the act, farm the whole act then reset. Its annoying enough all the templars repetitive comments, but if i had to do the quests over and over, i think i may go insane.
Reply Quote
Act 1 and 2 are not as bad as people make you believe. If you do not enjoy farming act 3 then go ahead and do act 1 or 2 or 4. Your time is only wasted if you do not enjoy yourselves and force through act 3.
Reply Quote
Please include the mini boss quests exp in the quest exp section.
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 11:00 AMPosted by Mickblade
ever thought about just playing the game for fun? i mean like, just slashing demons cuz ...it's fun? dont get me wrong

I find just slashing demons to be the fun part too, it's just that there isn't enough in act 1 and 2 to keep the fun going. Feels like you're running forever trying to find demons to kill.

One thing I have found about act 1 which is hard to notice unless you're playing higher MP with low dps, is that there often actually IS a lot of things to kill in all those empty places. The problem is it's boring to have to wait around for the skeletons to crawl out of the ground. come out of their tombs, crawl out of the fire, get summoned.

You get on a roll and walk down an empty corridor looking for mobs when they're still slowly starting to spawn. If they were there ready and waiting you'd have an undead army to wade through.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]