Diablo® III

Act One and Two? Not worth it?

please, for the love of god, stop randomly generating mob densities in games with monster power. all it does is make a player leave and restart the game because nobody wants to fight their way through a ghost town (unless they're trying to advance on hardcore)

why not at least guarantee a higher density based on increased mp? that would be awesome, and the hardcore guys trying to progress and get that achievement can leave it on mp0 which they would already be doing anyways.
Reply Quote
I know this has been said before but it would be nice to get a blue post about it

Will you ever let us travel between acts without losing stacks?

you could do it in D2 and it would open up a lot more variety for runs. I would love to hit up festering woods and VOTA after clearing some act3
Edited by Pacisfister#1350 on 3/8/2013 11:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
agreed^^^^
Reply Quote

That said, one of the additional improvements we're hoping to make is to make it so that XP from quests would be granted to players that are at level cap. Every little bit helps, after all. :)

Excellent, can you also buff the event monsters, I find that they are very weak compared to most elites that I encounter at the same MP level. Also a buff to the item drops would be nice too, have yet to find anything good from an event drop.
Edited by Ronix#1773 on 3/8/2013 1:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/07/2013 10:46 PMPosted by musemechanic
Ponies can be worth the investment.

I got this exact same phrase on a fortune cookie once.

you sir, win one additional fortune cookie!
Reply Quote
03/08/2013 01:01 AMPosted by Presence
Also, I don't like getting 820 gold as a quest reward - Make it no gold at all or something useful, like 500 gold multiplied by Paragon level multiplied by Monster Power.

I like this idea very much.
Reply Quote
03/07/2013 07:11 PMPosted by Vaeflare
That said, one of the additional improvements we're hoping to make is to make it so that XP from quests would be granted to players that are at level cap. Every little bit helps, after all. :)

scale the gold rewards while you're at it too imo.
Reply Quote
View profile
To be honest, I'm not satisfied with the monster density in act 3. Keeps 2, crater 2, and Rakkis have pretty good monster density but the rest of the act is still pretty sparse, though not as sparse as previous acts.

In reality, more is always better. I don't get the feeling that I'm actually fighting a demon horde often in this game. Pack those levels as full as possible! Killing a ton of mobs is FUN, it just doesn't happen that often in D3.
Reply Quote
I often play Act 1 on MP's higher than I can handle Act 3 (due to lower mob density, the elites are less often stacked together or surrounded by other tough enemies).
Reply Quote
its realy good to improve the density i act 1 , 2 and 4 but we need to pass act to act without leave the game and we need all the boss actif on the games
Reply Quote
act 1 and 2 to me is a waste of time because most of the time u r running around doing nothing, and looking for stuff to kill.
Reply Quote
Ideally, there should be a Monster Density option right next to the Monster Power selection. And that density should expand from, say, half the current density of Act 3 to 4 times as much, giving players a choice to fight many, many weak monsters or fewer very strong ones.
To express being "fairly satisfied" with Act 3 is not enough. And to miss the opportunity to give players more choices - and instead to unilaterally conjure up a compromise density that risks to alienate most of them - is not smart.
While you're at it, not only the EXP quest reward needs a bit of an overhaul: The EXP bonuses for monsters killed in one blow and for massacres needs an adjustment, too. Either that or don't give any EXP bonus at all. Just be consistent. Also, I don't like getting 820 gold as a quest reward - Make it no gold at all or something useful, like 500 gold multiplied by Paragon level multiplied by Monster Power.

Or you know, make a randomized reward system that gives something other than low amounts of gold.

It could be anything, crafting mats, gems, paterns, a random item that has a very slight chance of being a legendary.

They could even make it so the more quests you complete in a single gaming session, the better the rewards can get.
Reply Quote
[quote] . . . . That said, one of the additional improvements we're hoping to make is to make it so that XP from quests would be granted to players that are at level cap. Every little bit helps, after all. :)
How about also scaling the bonus points for killing x number with one blow, or xx monsters that now gives you a thousand or so points. Scale it up so that it reflects the player or level, since right now the bonus is way less than the points for one kill.
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 11:00 AMPosted by Mickblade
an item hunt to SELL to make more money - to buy more gear, to farm more baddies, to get more items to sell, to make more money

Isn't this Diablo in a nutshell?
Reply Quote
06/15/2013 03:18 PMPosted by beaudowski
an item hunt to SELL to make more money - to buy more gear, to farm more baddies, to get more items to sell, to make more money

Isn't this Diablo in a nutshell?

you play the necromancer class, summoning undead threads.
Reply Quote
IMO it is more about the combat and fun then whether or if I find sellable gear. If I find some to sell, then great, if not..oh well.
I love Act 3, especially fighting along the battlements and through the battlefield to the edge of the abyss.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]