Diablo® III

Severe to MASSIVE. lag spikes. PLEASE HELP.

So, as of whatever update was done yesterday... i've been having massive rubber-banding, followed by total lockup of control for a good 3-20 seconds. and once, even a total server disconnection.

this happens every minute or so.

its getting out of hand.

many others in the chats, and numerous friends have reported similar lag spikes.
i live in U.S. East. my internet connection its self is flawless high speed. idk exact details but i can upload/download@ flawless 3 mb/s. and everything else i do on the internet is perfect. my computer is fast. and ive NEVER lagged before. so all that aside. its the SERVER.

does anyone know how to fix this/know how to remedy?
does anyone know what i can check to find out what is lagging?
or if there is anything at all i can do..
im willing to do any kind of tinkering im fairly computer savvy.

my only worries are its out of my hands and the game will be unplayable slow untill blizzard decides to stop breaking them game and leave a working game alone.

-Note.
This only happends in team games,
solo games it only happends every 10-20 minutes. and its less severe.
BUT STILL NOTICABLE.
Reply Quote
havent see blizz respond yet.
..but you can post some stuff so when they look at your post they can examine the data.

things to post would be:
D3Debug (shows any errors and stuff happening)
DXDiag (system stuff)

also something that helps is "tracert" because it shows if its a connection problem
this shows how to do it https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/performing-a-traceroute
Reply Quote
Your not alone dead been happening since this past saturday to me I have tried a few things still doesnt work
Edited by Yiddrasil#1370 on 3/6/2013 2:10 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]