Diablo® III

Arcon Armor Amulet

I'm getting desperate, Folks. I've been reading every thread I can find on using Squirt's Arcon Armor recipes. Most posters agree that you shouldn't craft the chest armor, and it seems that the amulet is the most likely to be a valuable item. One poster only (that I can find) recommends gloves and bracers.

Before I risk 1.5 million gold, can someone tell me how this worked out for you?
Reply Quote
Do iiiiiiiiit! That is literally the most convincing argument I can make.
Reply Quote
I'm getting desperate, Folks. I've been reading every thread I can find on using Squirt's Arcon Armor recipes. Most posters agree that you shouldn't craft the chest armor, and it seems that the amulet is the most likely to be a valuable item. One poster only (that I can find) recommends gloves and bracers.

Before I risk 1.5 million gold, can someone tell me how this worked out for you?

1.5 mil gold is not going to get your very far crafting anything, i made the amulet i'm using after around 90 crafts. The trifecta gloves i have didnt take me nearly as many tries, i think i made around 25-30 gloves before i got them.
Edited by Cybralisk#1696 on 3/7/2013 2:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
Shoulders are actually your best bet for a quick upgrade, followed by bracers, then gloves, then amulet.

The reason for this is because the shoulders have the highest probability of rolling similar or better to a Vile Ward.

The same goes for the bracers to roll similar or better to Strongarm Bracers (the existence of Lacuni Prowlers is why the bracers are second to the shoulders in the "easiest way to get an upgrade" department).

As for gloves and the amulet, getting that trifecta is really hard, and they both have incredibly high variance (many of them will be not very good), so depending on your current gear, it may take a while to get an upgrade. Plus, the amulet is expensive to craft.

Finally, the chest armor. It simply has too much competition (all of the set chest pieces out there) to have a reasonable chance of being an upgrade, especially given the 150K crafting cost.
Reply Quote
Made about 50 amulets, 35-40 shoulders and 35-40 gloves before I got what I am wearing. I think the shoulders are a 9/10, amulet and gloves are 7-8/10 for me. But they work great together, so no complaints.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
You may be able to glean some relevant information from the following article, which sums up very nicely what the benefits and drawbacks are for each type of Archon crafting recipe:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-crafting-strategy-the-new-archon-items

You can do well with all slots, so long as you know what type to make for which slot, which will largely be based on your class and/or build.

Reply Quote
03/07/2013 02:24 AMPosted by vortic
Finally, the chest armor. It simply has too much competition (all of the set chest pieces out there) to have a reasonable chance of being an upgrade, especially given the 150K crafting cost.

My barb's chest armor would like to have a word with you sir.
Edited by Ravlaor#1393 on 3/7/2013 4:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
Okay, I spent 1.5 million on the Dexterity recipe, but it only gave me chest armor. Surprisingly, on my fifth try I got one that is a slight improvement over what I had. But how do I get amulet?
Reply Quote
03/08/2013 09:34 PMPosted by Johnsdad
But how do I get amulet?

The non-chest recipes are not available on vendors - they are drops only. The following bosses have better chances to drop them (among a few others):

- Skeleton King
- Spider Queen
- Maghda
- Zoltan Kulle
- Ghom
- Cydaea
- Rakanoth
- Izual
Reply Quote
Shoulders are actually your best bet for a quick upgrade, followed by bracers, then gloves, then amulet.

The reason for this is because the shoulders have the highest probability of rolling similar or better to a Vile Ward.

The same goes for the bracers to roll similar or better to Strongarm Bracers (the existence of Lacuni Prowlers is why the bracers are second to the shoulders in the "easiest way to get an upgrade" department).

As for gloves and the amulet, getting that trifecta is really hard, and they both have incredibly high variance (many of them will be not very good), so depending on your current gear, it may take a while to get an upgrade. Plus, the amulet is expensive to craft.

BUMP

I have crafted well over 100 pieces so far and was able to make Lacuni's and Vile Wards useless for all 5 of my characters.
Also, having some luck with Vit ammy's.
I did get a great Str Armor roll but he is correct, chest options out there(with set bonuses) really make it to competitive.
Edited by RHVfan#1399 on 3/8/2013 9:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
The only reason to not make the archon chest is because of the set chest pieces which most people use. Monks use Inna, barbs use immortal king, wizards and WD use zuni or tal rasha and DH uses either Inna or Natalya.

The chest can easily roll the best stats in the game. The only issue is that it takes up a set slot. You should make some if you aren't planning to get a set chest in the future.
Reply Quote

Crafting is absolutly worth it! That doesnt mean that ull get some good item tho... Look at the top 50 players on diabloprogress, all of them have shoulders crafted, I crafted 3 40-50 million worth bracers and 30-40 mill worth amu, before crafting that could cost 100 mil, so I'll say go for it, but dont forget about random...
Reply Quote
...how much gold do you have left. Are you doing the self found gear thing?

Crafting is worth it, once you have a certain level of gear/gold. None of your characters are there yet. You would be far better off spending that gold in the AH. If you are doing the self found thing, then basically every recipe is worth crafting.
Reply Quote
Shoulders, Gloves, and Amulet are worth crafting.
Reply Quote
View profile

which is why i tried them first. and it ended up taking me over 600 tries just to get the ones i'm wearing now, which still aren't good enough. ugh.
Reply Quote
03/08/2013 09:45 PMPosted by RHVfan
was able to make Lacuni's and Vile Wards useless

You crafted bracers with movement speed? Lol.
If you don't need movement speed why did you get Lacunis in the first place?
Reply Quote

well its an form of gambling after all (not crafting, despite what Bliz or some players say). All you do is creating random items with one fixed stat.

That can be awesome with a few items, or even with the first item. Or you can "waste" 100m on one item.

The fun part about the craft ... I mean gambling is, that it seems to create for many people an rather easy upgrade. It seems to be a lot faster for example to get the demonic essences (if you play on higher MP levels, like 4,5 and 6) and the gems and gambling for 20 or even 100 amulets then runing around and FINDING 100 amulets. Same for the other items. You dont have much control over the quality, but you control what kind of item you get at least. That alone makes it more likely that you get an upgrade because you are not forced to go trough thousand of other maybe useless items.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/09/2013 01:16 AMPosted by StuRedman

Attack Speed
Reply Quote
The only one worth crafting IMO is the gloves.

Bracers you should get lacuni's for, and shoulders you have vilewards for. The amulet is far too expensive and thus very risky, since you only have 1.5 mil.
Reply Quote
03/09/2013 01:16 AMPosted by StuRedman

I'm a day 1 player so it was natural progression. I do of course miss the MS but builds can be useful without max MS. TR monk, Tele Archon Wiz, Sprint Barb, DH Vault, you get the idea....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]