Diablo® III

What inspired your Diablo III character name?

Wiz: Pharm - my sorceress from D2, name carried over.
Barb: Amos - made up on a whim.
WD: ZimZum - I think it might be a guitarist for a band, sounded good so I went with it.
DH: Shini - made up on a whim.
Monk: Oni - deceased best friend used to play Onimusha a lot and the monk reminded me of that.
Reply Quote
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
Reply Quote
Killed has been my main characters name for a long time, starting as a paladin back in 2006. I thought it was clever since paladins never really got "killed" as we could bubble hearth.

Fits hardcore well, as I am on the 12th iteration of my monk. so KilledXII
Reply Quote
I like dinosaurs.
Reply Quote
Wiz: Mihiro - JAV Actress (cute)
Monk: Azuki - Garnet Crow member on keyboards, Azuki Nana (pretty)
Barb: Esselbon - reversed spelling for Noblesse
WD: Solstice - some astronomical thingy
DH: Orihim - reversed spelling for Mihiro
Reply Quote
For my Barbarian, its Kamahl, Pit Fighter:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100611175121/mtg/images/3/33/Kamahl_Pit_Fighter_Odyssey.jpg
Reply Quote
Commando. None other than the John Matrix.
Reply Quote
Greek Gods for my characters, except my barb - that was named by a friend...
Reply Quote
Nothing inspired my d3 character names because you never see it in game playing with friends.

Champion names from d2 inspired my hardcore characters, because at least hose are in the hall of the dead.
Reply Quote
It all started when I first needed a nickname for Counter Strike back in the days, I wanted a short nick with one of the "flashy" letters in it, Q, Z or X. I was thinking of using Qbasic at first but that really didn't feel all right. So 2 min later I came up with Qrama and that has been my prio nick name in every game since.

On a sidenote I changed my real name to Qrama a couple years ago, so you could say that I'm pretty boring and simply use my IRL name for my main char, the monk.

I named my wizard LuckyLoot in an atempt to increase my chance of a good drop (that didn't work out as well as I hoped).

My barbarian got stuck with what I now a days could call my "real" nick name MrQ.

So there you have it. Ain't much thought behind me naming my chars after class nor gender. It's just that the name Qrama got rooted deep and get's prio in every game I play and LuckyLoot because It sounded a bit funny plus I was desperate in my loot hunt.
Reply Quote
I use names like
Hunter:Rarity
WD: Zecora
Barbarian: Pacifist
Monk: Chinpokomon

Either MLP name or totally stupid random name :D
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Warrior
My barb is HULKSMASH, because Avengers had just come out, I always tend towards melee, and one of the devs said that his fighting style was based on the green one.

Wizard is Harry Dresden, although I feel bad about that now seeing as I always use arcane and frost, never fire.

Witch Doctor is Ouga Bouga, both because it cracked me up(juvenile, I know) as well as an homage to one of my old wrestling buddies.

DH is Deadpool, as a ranged assassin with traps, grenades, and a glyph for a healing factor seemed to work.

I haven't spent much time on a monk, but she's Zealot from WildC.A.T.S.
Reply Quote
Ziola - Jane's Addiction reference
Hoodooyou - Dr John reference (had a song called "I Been Hoodood"
Jack Burton - Big Trouble in Little China
Sarah Connor - Terminator
Porcelina - Smashing Pumpkins reference

And Drtongue is a John Candy character from SCTV.
Reply Quote
Ha! This is Easy

Witch Doctor = Dr. Who I think that is fairly simple to explain. Huge fan
Barb = Tank Because i want him to be one.
Wizard = Morgana from Arthurian legands. Was going to make a male merlin but nah
Demon Hunter = Vampire D. in from Vampire Hunter D
Monk = Bulletproof from the movie Bulletproof Monk
Reply Quote
If Seagrams is your favorite brand of gin, you need to step your game up : )

hint - Sapphire isn't even top shelf and is exponentially better then Seagrams.

Oh, my name? ummmm. . . . .HODOR!

Get a bottle of Hendrick's - you won't be dissapointed...
Reply Quote
Mono's my female Wizards name.
I borrowed it from Shadow of the Colossus. The Dead Girl's name is Mono.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090524032338/teamico/images/8/83/Mono.jpg
They look kinda look alike. Also Mono sounds cool and it's greek meaning is
single, sole, alone, only etc.

I use it quite alot for female Charakter's. My male Char's get the name "Kamos". It's an ugly stupid minotaur from Age Of Mythologies. But this name sounds just Awesome. Speak it out loud. Kamos!
Reply Quote
I am hilarious and you will quote everything I say.
Reply Quote
WD = Rattlehead for Megadeth's mascot
Barb = Pichulotote due to the name of a local show's character who has huge muscles
WIz = Chinowon because he looks like any other chinese
Monk = Iluminao cause he's enlightened
DH = Shoromota came from a YouTube video
2nd WD = La Colombiana because she looks like a regular colombian girl
Reply Quote
what does it even matter since all people really see and go by is your battletag

make char names relevant and change that awful system
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]