Diablo® III

What inspired your Diablo III character name?

I named all mine after characters from R.A Salvatore novels set in the Forgotten Realms universe.

You may remember him as the creator of Drizzt (the most famous Dark elf ranger)

Two of what I consider my 'mains' are:

Errtu - name of a balor from the lower planes that appears in The Crystal Shard

Danica - a monk from The Cleric Quintet or other books such as The Ghost King
Reply Quote
Friday.
Reply Quote
Bigboy, my favorite gum when i was once a child.
Reply Quote
Expansion the Barbarian. after long hours of cowing, mfing, killing diablo, while scoring people's hell forges; i came to the conclusion that i wanted to make a barbarian. like every name unless you have one, you gotta decide on a name you'll want to live with. i turn to see my diablo 2 lod cd case. expansion pack. Expansion! and expansion was born.
Reply Quote
I was drunk and I remembered this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PusNOs5_pZM
Reply Quote
Vyleblud- Which Doctor- Just a name I've used in games for a long time. Fit the class.

Krihavok- Barbarian- Phonetic Shakespearean reference. :)

Sicuri- Wizard- Itallian for "safe", to befit the abundant self-confidence of a Wizard.

Tempo- Monk- Keeping time via rhythmic strikes.

DoctorRaven- Demon Hunter- Because Dr. Raven Darktalon Blood wouldn't fit. Amazing unintentional, or maybe intentional, comedy in design similarity between the male DH and the Penny Arcade character.
Reply Quote
Im a sports fan from Florida... so ....

Go MIAMI HEAT
Reply Quote
I know the Monk's accent isn't Slovenian, but I could help naming him after Slavoj Žižek.
Reply Quote
Triss

Named after the most badass sorceress in all Temeria.
Reply Quote
TheDoubleMan comes from the Buckethead song 'Revenge of the Double-Man'

AlcaPwn is just a cool name for a Barb, I thought.
Lee Van Cleef the Demon Hunter for the obvious gunslinger reference
Dr. John the Witch Dr. is a blatant homage to legendary New Orleans pianist Dr. John, an admitted practitioner of Voodoo.
Reply Quote
Tyr, from Norse mythology.
Luthien, from Tolkien's Middle Earth lore.
Aria, its a musical term, but it just sounds cool.
Pele, world-famous Soccer player.
Ahmed, character from The Thirteenth Warrior.
Reply Quote
Tea
I was thirsty.
Reply Quote
Oh goody naming thread. I used Funk in another MMO for 5-6 years and got used to it, which came from a CD called Mutant Funk. WD is a doctor after all, so DrFunk. I couldn't resist with Monk which I recently started FunkyMonky.
Reply Quote
Azgoodazdead. Came from a few sayings from the children's books Calvin and Hobbes, which I still love. Calvin says it a few times. I then connected the words to what he says and related it to the Necromancer in Diablo 2. He is as good as the dead that he raises to fight for him to defeat his enemies. Carried on the name to the Witch Doctor since he is similar.
Reply Quote
Zoodoc....because before D3 came out everyone that was going to play a WD wanted to pull out all the pets and have them own everything in the area. What happened to that?

Well at first pets could not take a single hit....that was buffed.
Pets were able to proc gear procs (freeze, stun, blind etc)....that was nerfed
And pets still do horrible damage.....

Edit: Also I think this is about character name and not account name....
Edited by rockon87#1616 on 3/6/2013 11:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
Zoodoc....because before D3 came out everyone that was going to play a WD wanted to pull out all the pets and have them own everything in the area. What happened to that?

Well at first pets could not take a single hit....that was buffed.
Pets were able to proc gear procs (freeze, stun, blind etc)....that was nerfed
And pets still do horrible damage.....

Edit: Also I think this is about character name and not account name....

My character IS my account name :P. I did that in Diablo 2 as well. View my profile!
Edited by Azgoodazdead#1570 on 3/6/2013 11:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
ZAMRASANSAZA typed randomly on keyboard because i cant think at that time eventually this combination showed up and i quite like it, sounds ethnic, ancient yet strong.

KARTINI based on the most influential women right's activist. she's supposed to be a hardcore character, yet died of stupid lag... so i made a softcore one and got bored...

telaxo - bad... bad word, just trying character and didnt like WZ gameplay

busyuk - rotten, just trying character and didnt like DH gameplay

will try monk and WD if i had time

*edit: last two character
Edited by sayagila#1258 on 3/6/2013 11:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
barb: TheBusiness... http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=the+business

It's what's going on I'ts what's happening
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]