Diablo® III

Hopefully mob density increase isn't Inferno only

lol why not just add a create level 60 act 4 inferno hero option to this game so people don't have do the "boring stuff anymore"

normal - hell is fine you don't need to have good gear in those difficulties and ever level you get new gear and spell options

at level 60 there is more to do but it also takes longer to get better gear and the spell pool you have never increases at that point

how long it take noobs to get to level 60 now anyways

i think the drop rate for normal through hell should be buff by like 10 times this would make that part of the game a little more fun. maybe once you hit level 60 the drop rate goes back to normal so that hell does not become the best place to farm gold.
Edited by Mike276#1423 on 3/7/2013 6:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/07/2013 06:48 PMPosted by Mike276
how long it take noobs to get to level 60 now anyways

Takes me about 30 hours or so.

But I also take my sweet sweet time doing it. =P
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
Reply Quote
Do you guys think the pony land will get a mob density increase as well?
Reply Quote
fine for inferno only i think, mp level 0,1 and 2 don't have any difficulty
lvl 60 fast with monster power level
Edited by Zenjin#2197 on 3/7/2013 7:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/07/2013 06:20 PMPosted by KingD
We've also discussed allowing bosses the first time you kill them in each difficulty to have a guaranteed chance to drop a Legendary.

Wouldn't that open up for some leveling abuse?

I mean, with boosting, a character can reach inferno level in under 3 hours, then ½ an hour going through the bosses at inferno level, for a net sum of legendaries.

Just throwing that thought out there, since that is what I am predicting will happen.

The hellforge in D2 worked the same way, and it didn't break the game at all. In fact, it was something you actually looked forward to in each difficulty. The legendaries you get off of mobs would be scaled to the monsters level anyways... so who cares if you get a bunch of them? they're just leveling items anyways. If you want to sink 3 hours to get 4 inferno legendaries and a bunch of leveling ones, be my guest.
Reply Quote
im sure if level 60 is your goal i should not take much longer then say 40 hours (if your just starting i,e just playing for the first time) for some people its like 3 hours or less

even at level 60 the game is not opened up until you get enough gold to buy good starter gear (which is pretty cheep now). even then you only get to do all the cool stuff at low mps which is not that rewarding.
Edited by Mike276#1423 on 3/7/2013 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Will there be more concrete information on what is included in the patch anytime soon. All the things mentioned
are really cool but when will we know everything in the patch so we don't get our hopes up. :)

We're currently working on patch 1.0.8, and as part of that process, we're still busy determining what will make it into the final patch. Once we get closer, however, we'll be posting more discrete details. :)

Please, increase mob density for random events too (outside random dungeons)!
Reply Quote
and btw, i don't think that will make d3 hard,
monsters don't have dps boost, only more monsters
Edited by Zenjin#2197 on 3/7/2013 7:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
We’re fairly satisfied where the with the overall mob density in Act 3, and the mob density changes we’re currently working on will apply to Acts 1, 2, and 4 of Inferno difficulty only.

03/07/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Kain
Some people actually like leveling characters that aren't end game, how about some love for them?

That’s one of the reasons we added the Monster Power system: it allows players to further tune how challenging enemies are in each difficulty setting, regardless of level. Also when Travis Day spoke about allowing Legendary items to scale up in our recent Developer Journal: Itemization Update, that means they will be able to drop at lower levels too. We’ll be looking not only at letting low-level Legendaries drop at higher levels, but we’ll also be allowing higher level Legendaries to drop at lower levels. In addition, the targeted drops we mentioned in the Itemization Update are intended to improve the level up game as well.

Below are some specific examples we’re considering which we feel will benefit all players, regardless of level:

One idea that we have discussed is “targeted Legendaries,” where named NPCs have an increased chance of dropping specific legendary items. For example, The Butcher could have an increased chance of dropping The Butcher's Carver.
Another idea is that we introduce a system that will help alleviate some of the bad randomness players encounter by ensuring that at least some of the Rare and Legendary items you find will be something good for your class.
We've also discussed allowing bosses the first time you kill them in each difficulty to have a guaranteed chance to drop a Legendary.

Please do not let low level (anything below 60) legendary items drop in inferno, that will just make it more frustrating when we see a legendary drop and see that its a level 5, 10, 15, 25, 30, 40, 45... you get the gist, that is a whole lot of low level legendaries that the RNG will roll and adding in low level legendaries in inferno would be so frustrating!
Reply Quote
I took 12 hrs once monster power was out get to lvl 60, self played with reduced level gear, hellfire ring and ruby in helm + cainset.

if you add in a leorics, it would be much much faster.

I have power level other players, lvl 50-60 taking only 1hr or so on hell keep 2/arreat crater 2 . means to say probably 4-5 hrs from lvl1 is possible?
Reply Quote
I got really excited when they announced the increased experience rewards for playing on higher monster levels, at least until I realized it was Inferno only. I hope they don't make that mistake again and make the density increase something for Inferno again, I really want to level up some alts but they keep adding stuff and then limiting it to only help end game players. Experience boosts, nephalem valor, and possibly even the mob density judging from one of their posts.

Some people actually like leveling characters that aren't end game, how about some love for them?

I'm not saying D3 is a bad game or any of that nonsense that people love to throw around, I'm just saying I would enjoy some benefits being extended to playing a character that isn't maxed out for a change, As it stands right now I just log in, play for an hour, get bored and log off. It's the same old game until you get to 60 when all the fun stuff suddenly kicks in. Make the rest of the game just as much fun as level 60.

if you like leveling up alts i think you'll run out of excitement very soon as the 1-60 process is quite fast especially if you have some money as it looks like you do from your armory page.

however i avoided this completely by having people level barb from 50-60, dh from 1-60 and monk from 1-60, im happy i did as i didn't find much satisfaction out of releveling again, it was mind numbling the first time around.
Reply Quote
It feels like people forget how d2 worked....you go to hell meph, you kill him, he drops shako + 1 low level set + 1 low level unique. Who says only 1 item has to drop? I'm not saying you need 3+ items worth using every time, but it certainly did occur in D2. I'd find countless items in under an hour that could be used across all levels.

Also, it was purely the itemization and the fun of trying to plan out a FOCUSED build that made leveling up fun. When I say focused, I mean focusing on a particular style of fighting, ie Arctic Blast Druid, elemental sorc of your choosing etc etc. You were able to take a low level skill and play it from the moment it unlocked until the end, no other skills required. Taking a low level character, giving it a horadric staff that you had muled, sigons set, biggins bonnet or w/e and a few other items and watching your character steam roll through content where an old character struggled. Or once you were a little bit higher up and you first put on frostburns, viper, eventually infinity when that was added into the pool and see your low level reach a whole new tier of power. Am I against getting inventive and finding more for a low level to do? Absolutely not. Is there a lot less offered in D3 at a low level? To a degree but for the most part, it's fairly similar.
Reply Quote
Do you guys hear yourselves? The game is already so easy, and you're complaining about going through a bit of "boredom" to get to the fun part. What's next?
Reply Quote
I got really excited when they announced the increased experience rewards for playing on higher monster levels, at least until I realized it was Inferno only. I hope they don't make that mistake again and make the density increase something for Inferno again, I really want to level up some alts but they keep adding stuff and then limiting it to only help end game players. Experience boosts, nephalem valor, and possibly even the mob density judging from one of their posts.

I'm not saying D3 is a bad game or any of that nonsense that people love to throw around, I'm just saying I would enjoy some benefits being extended to playing a character that isn't maxed out for a change, As it stands right now I just log in, play for an hour, get bored and log off. It's the same old game until you get to 60 when all the fun stuff suddenly kicks in. Make the rest of the game just as much fun as level 60.

if you like leveling up alts i think you'll run out of excitement very soon as the 1-60 process is quite fast especially if you have some money as it looks like you do from your armory page.

however i avoided this completely by having people level barb from 50-60, dh from 1-60 and monk from 1-60, im happy i did as i didn't find much satisfaction out of releveling again, it was mind numbling the first time around.

That's what I mean, at least to a point. I don't necessarily want to skip the entire trip from 1-60, that just seems like the only viable option right now. I enjoy the journey more than the destination, and sometimes the journey in this game is fun. The problem is that so much stuff is added that only benefits the destination that it starts to feel less fun playing the journey basically just because it's getting excluded from everything. All I see is the benefit of hitting 60 with none of the fun of actually getting there.
Reply Quote
allowing a garuntee legendary to drop from a boss isnt a good thing to do unless it doesnt apply to inferno

i have 10 chars at level 60 and 7 have not gone through anything in inferno which means i can get easy legendaries with no effort at all

i mean, i dont mind it but then legendaries would be too easy to get and they are supposed to be hard to find (i thought --- drop rate right now is way too high imo)
Reply Quote

One idea that we have discussed is “targeted Legendaries,” where named NPCs have an increased chance of dropping specific legendary items. For example, The Butcher could have an increased chance of dropping The Butcher's Carver.

This would be fantastic. Bring some of the old Diablo boss farming back without making it mandatory.
Reply Quote
this is a serous suggestion , can blizzard allow player to creating game with a name , because now you just click on join public and hope it join to the top game !!!! thuh!!!! i mean come on
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]