Diablo® III

Looks like Sim City is having the same issues....

As diablo 3 did when it launched, Want to know the difference?.

Blizzard actually gave refunds, while EA refusing to give them out.

EA will ban your origins account if you do a chargeback also. (origins sucks !@# anyways)

Gotta give blizzard credit for that at least.
Reply Quote
EA is cancer.
Reply Quote
Vivendi, Activision-Blizzard's parent company is EAs rival competitor, Gotta keep up to the standard!
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 was the last game I bought by one of the major publishers, sadly ... they somewhat proven again why I usualy try to stay away from any games made by EA, Ubisoft and the like.

Their consumer support has degenerated a lot, they treat their consumers like children, where you dont buy the "games" but the licence to it (even with single player games ...), they see the players many times as potential pirates who would rather "steeel" the games then buying a high quality product.

Torment: Tides of Numenera, is an kick starter project by Inxile which is meant as spiritual successor to Planescape Torment following the same steps in writing and player interaction. They asked for 900 000$ do back it up. Already in less then 2 days they didnt even managed to get the project funded, but they also reveived so far $1,847,506 $ with more then 30 000 people backing up the project.

No always online DRM, no restrictive measures, just an game.

I dont mind platforms like Steam where you can buy very easily games to play. And Steam is also one of the more comfortable platforms out there. But it is also a form of DRM. If people believe there are no downsides for the player here, then they are more then just naive.
Reply Quote
If Blizzard didn't do the whole "always online" thing first for a major game, it probably would've been EA.
Reply Quote
Buying "media" and not liking it has never constituted a refund. This is nothing new... to big companies or small ones...
Reply Quote
it seems like always online DRM is basically a "user score" death sentence on metacritic
Reply Quote
03/07/2013 11:59 AMPosted by CrniVuk
I dont mind platforms like Steam where you can buy very easily games to play. And Steam is also one of the more comfortable platforms out there. But it is also a form of DRM. If people believe there are no downsides for the player here, then they are more then just naive.

In the case of Steam, I think the pros outweigh the cons. Games like super meat boy and VVVVVV wouldn't have had their success without steam. And they provide some old titles at fair prices (currently playing fallout). Of course Steam is one of the main reasons DLC is so popular (for the worse...), but overall I think Steam was (imo: very) good for consumers.
That is defintely not true for the other platforms. I would not be surprised if development costs, upkeep costs and long term depreciation outweigh the platform gains in some cases.
Reply Quote
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jay+wilsoned
Reply Quote
As a comparison let's see..

Launch day

Blizzard - Error 37 .. still many were able to play.
EA - Can't login ... many were able to play ... but your game didn't save and you lost all the work

2nd day
Blizzard - Some more errors appeared ... still many were able to play
EA - same

3rd day
Blizzard - much was fixed, some error still appeared, lag issues.
EA - same as 2nd day

4th day
Blizzard - more fixes, game playable
EA - same as 2nd day

After 4 days
Blizzard - game playable with some issues, lesson learned, they kept upgrading hardware for 1 month i think
EA - Europe launch - same problems as in NA --- WTF ?

Other stuff
Blizzard - offered refunds, didn't ban players that criticise, a lot of moderation and activity in forums.
EA - no refunds, lot's of forums bans, no moderation of forums, no ETA for fixes, shut down of content, restriction to login.

eh ? so who is worse ?

Anyone has anything to add ?
Reply Quote
As a comparison let's see..

Launch day

Blizzard - Error 37 .. still many were able to play.
EA - Can't login ... many were able to play ... but your game didn't save and you lost all the work

2nd day
Blizzard - Some more errors appeared ... still many were able to play
EA - same

3rd day
Blizzard - much was fixed, some error still appeared, lag issues.
EA - same as 2nd day

4th day
Blizzard - more fixes, game playable
EA - same as 2nd day

After 4 days
Blizzard - game playable with some issues, lesson learned, they kept upgrading hardware for 1 month i think
EA - Europe launch - same problems as in NA --- WTF ?

Other stuff
Blizzard - offered refunds, didn't ban players that criticise, a lot of moderation and activity in forums.
EA - no refunds, lot's of forums bans, no moderation of forums, no ETA for fixes, shut down of content, restriction to login.

eh ? so who is worse ?

Anyone has anything to add ?

Wow. That's biased.
EA is worse, of course. But this is no reason to distort the truth. Error 37 was a lingering issue for 1 week and a half. Steadily decreasing in strength over time, but still there. Blizzard never offered refund to anyone. People asked for them and most of the time didn't get them (for good reasons in most case imo).
Reply Quote
anyone that pre-order d3 know how pre-order is a bad idea
anyone that bought d3 know how bad full online for single player is bad idea

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
look the top games, they are free and/or can be pirated and still they are top
Reply Quote
I love how smaller game companies can now use "DRM-Free" as a major marketing tool. The big companies really just do not get it.

I am almost glad this happened, because the Sim City fan base is pretty broad and so is getting a lot of (negative) attention. I mean I feel bad for all the people who bought it and now apparently can't even get a refund, but this feels like some sort of defining moment for PC gaming.. maybe for the better?
Reply Quote

Wow. That's biased.
EA is worse, of course. But this is no reason to distort the truth. Error 37 was a lingering issue for 1 week and a half. Steadily decreasing in strength over time, but still there. Blizzard never offered refund to anyone. People asked for them and most of the time didn't get them (for good reasons in most case imo).

*grin* guess that's biased too.

Never is not "not most of the time".[/quote]
Reply Quote

Wow. That's biased.

*grin* guess that's biased too.

Never is not "not most of the time".
[/quote]

You should see how pissed France Germany & KR were about D3 on launch due to RMAH and government laws. It's practically dead/automated entirely there now.
Reply Quote
Wat. The game is fine over in Europe. The AH and RMAH are doing badly but that's more because people are less willing to spend hundreds on stupid items nowadays.

Anyway, EA really should have known better. Blizzard and almost every MMO ever, too. The main difference between the D3 launch and this one however is EA's persistent unwillingness to fix things. They're still trying to nickel and dime the whole infrastructure as much as they can, quality of service and customer satisfaction be damned. Apparently all their servers are in Ireland. Even the Oceanic and American ones.
Reply Quote
Wat. The game is fine over in Europe. The AH and RMAH are doing badly but that's more because people are less willing to spend hundreds on stupid items nowadays.

Anyway, EA really should have known better. Blizzard and almost every MMO ever, too. The main difference between the D3 launch and this one however is EA's persistent unwillingness to fix things. They're still trying to nickel and dime the whole infrastructure as much as they can, quality of service and customer satisfaction be damned. Apparently all their servers are in Ireland. Even the Oceanic and American ones.

no comment on KR's D3?

All EA cared about was the 12million sales D3 got.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]