Diablo® III

Blizzard addressing the AH, The Fix

Blizzard wants to address this issue about the Auction House, finally.

The best way to do this is to create 2 choices aside from Soft core and Hard Core characters, and that is "Soft Core Ladder" and "Hard Core Ladder". Pretty self explanatory here but these new choices will have NO Auction House AND a ladder system!!!! Finally all of us who want to abolish this Auction House system can have our piece of the pie. We get the best of both worlds for the players who enjoy the convenience of Auction House play and the players who want absolutely no Auction House all self found items to gloat and gleam about. What say you? If you think this idea is good or maybe it should be adjusted in some way, lets get this to the d3 devs for this change.
Edited by NOLLegendz#1445 on 3/6/2013 4:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
D3 cannot support ladder play. The ah is there to mitigate the loss of being able to make named games for trade.

Now this is not wow where you are constantly competing with each other, just play without using the ah.

"D3 cannot support ladder play" -

No idea where you heard this from. If you're throwing out random statements maybe you shouldn't make troll claims.

"The AH is there to mitigate the loss of being able to make named games for trade" -

Not entirely the whole reason. They made the AH because trade channels in their opinion were not a good way for trading.

"This isn't wow where you are constantly competing with each other, just play without using the AH" -

To say there isn't any level of competitiveness or bragging rights in this game is wrong. People like to brag about the MP level they can farm or brag about the items they have. Oh and there is this thing called PvP - that is competing with each other.
Reply Quote
I actually don't mind the auction house but if its causing to many issues drop it. I would still like the ability to use gold for stuff in game and not real money like alot of people are complaining about.
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 08:51 PMPosted by Buffinator
I actually don't mind the auction house but if its causing to many issues drop it. I would still like the ability to use gold for stuff in game and not real money like alot of people are complaining about.

I'm on the stance of I can understand why its a good thing but I definitely see where its hurting this game too and there are people of extremes on both sides; people that absolutely support the AH because of its convenience and others who despise it saying that people just "farm the AH". Blizzard recognizes both of these sides. I'd argue that the reasons its bad for the game out weigh its "convenience" because the AH is rotting the core of the game.The problem is they're going to pull another "band aid" type of fix.
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 09:16 PMPosted by NOLLegendz
The problem is they're going to pull another "band aid" type of fix.

Band aid 1.09: You need pay 1$ real money fee to list any item on GOLD AH.

Aren't you thankful?
Edited by Ilax#1154 on 3/6/2013 9:23 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]