Diablo® III

Barter System or AH you choose!

Barter system!!!!! a system where you could exchange items for other items or gold, for example I would need rare materials, a legendary weapon (of specific value) and a star gem in order to receive a lvl i63 two-hander weapon and a pair of rare boots. You could only receive 1-3 items per day. NPCs could also barter with you.Items could be stored in the barter store for a cost as well up to 20 items...IF AH were more interactive and intuative then it would be more usefull..now its just a way to get gear quickly withouth the incentive to farm or trade.
Reply Quote
Please. Leave the barter system in PoE where it belongs.

It's my most despised feature of PoE.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
With a barter system I sell things from time to time and sometimes something goes unsold. That is usually because what i was selling wasn't very good so I vendor it.

WE DON"T HAVE TO SELL EVERYTHING WE GET!

The auction has made everyone think that if you can't sell your crap it's over. If you can't sell your crap vendor that stuff and go farm some loot. The problem is that the loot blows unless you get it from the auction house.

This game is broken and the AH solutions in the dev post won't fix it.
Reply Quote
either a barter system, or pull the auction houses from the game and set them up on the D3 website, so they are a seperate entity. They would have limited access to your Blizzard accounts, of course, for buying and selling purposes. The items you buy can be transfered to your account in the same manner as when you buy, for example, a mount from Blizzards website, and it ends up in your WOW mailbox. Your stash would be accessible so you can post your auctions.

If it's done the right way, neither AH would have an effect on what drops in game, which is the biggest cause of this games failure.

Maybe it's possible, maybe it's not. Figured i'd take time off from bashing and make an actual suggestion for a change.
Edited by Paganblade#1675 on 3/6/2013 6:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
POE barter system is what I would call fake complexity.

For those of you who have not tested that game, you can basically buy and sell items to vendors using town portals, identify scrolls and upgrade materials as currency. In other words, it is really like having multiple currencies of yen, marks, dollars and pounds with different exchange rates between each other.

It is an unnecssary complexity that adds zero value to gameplay. The only possible reason to like this clumsy way of trading is that you are a currency trader and knows the average market exchange rate between these currencies and are attempting to profit off less knowledgable players.

As for OP, it is just naive thinking. Do you think that if AH is closed down or converted to some kind of barter system, someone will trade their 6% CC mempo for your poison resist mempo + 10 flawless square ruby?
Reply Quote
^

But the same could have been achievable by making vendors give you gold for your loot, and then also sell all the scrolls and orbs for gold. Then you have one currency instead of multiple ones.

It is exactly as painful as your local Chinese takeaway insisting only on accepting Chinese yuan for payment while the pizza store only accepts Euro.
Edited by Wtflag#1258 on 3/6/2013 8:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
POE barter system is what I would call fake complexity.

For those of you who have not tested that game, you can basically buy and sell items to vendors using town portals, identify scrolls and upgrade materials as currency. In other words, it is really like having multiple currencies of yen, marks, dollars and pounds with different exchange rates between each other.

It is an unnecssary complexity that adds zero value to gameplay. The only possible reason to like this clumsy way of trading is that you are a currency trader and knows the average market exchange rate between these currencies and are attempting to profit off less knowledgable players.

As for OP, it is just naive thinking. Do you think that if AH is closed down or converted to some kind of barter system, someone will trade their 6% CC mempo for your poison resist mempo + 10 flawless square ruby?

I've been in on the PoE beta test and the barter system they have is a great idea. I'm certainly enjoying it. It does need improvements as far as being able to post what you have for trade, but that option is coming in a future patch. And it doesn't interfere with the games itemization, as the AH does in D3. There's really nothing to not like about it.
Reply Quote
Ok, this is my experience with POE:

1. I got a bunch of stuff to vendor.
2. Lets say I get 3 TP scroll, 2 ID scroll, 1 reroll orb and 1 upgrade orb.
3. Lets say I now have, together with what was in the stash, 13 TP, 8 ID, 5 RO and 3 UO.
4. I see the vendor selling an upgrade in the shop asking for 7 UO. I can't buy it! Even tho I have other currencies!

Now, lets say again there is an exchange rate of 1 TP = 1 gold, 1 ID = 1 gold, 1 RO = 5 gold, 1 UO = 4 gold.

So from (2), I would get 13 + 8 + 25 + 12 = 58 gold.
The item from (4) would be worth 28 gold. I can now affort to buy that item.

And at any point I want to actually use a reroll or upgrade orb I can buy directly from the NPC vendor. Thus single currency would actually benefit POE. You don't have to keep a very messy stash, just gold which you can convert to scrolls or orbs at any time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]