Diablo® III

bring back RUNEWORDS!!!!

+10000

runes made white items useful (search for ones with high armor + socket to stick runes in it) and allowed for a wide variety of choices with the runewords.

Jewels just allowed for infinite customization since they were just gems with affixes

the aditional gems would be nice to give some options to build my character instead of just having
Ruby for head, Emerald/Ruby for weapon and whatever you class main stat gem in all other slots....
Reply Quote
View profile
To do that they would either have to change the name of the runes in the skills we have or change the name of runes that drop and runewords into something different. Also I would not want runewords to be the next BiS in the process. That would be just a repeat of D2.
Reply Quote
they will bring it back, but not right away, it will be added in the expansion set.
Reply Quote
No. Actually, depends. Anyone that played D2 since classic knows that runewords from 1.09 destroyed the game. If the person don't agree about destroying the game, at least he knows it made a huge impact for better or worse.

Runewords before 1.09 were fine, but after 1.09, where runewords gave any character habilities from another classes just made the game god damn awful.

I don't wanna see barbs teleporting, wizards whirlwinding, etc. It just sucks so much. The other aspects of runewords, however, are fine. But not the skill ones.
Reply Quote
+1

Runewords, useful gems, powerful & memorable unique items (and jewels/charms to a lesser extent) made D2 fun.

Now we're recycling tears, animal feet and 'essences' to create items salvaged from other items that should have been powerful and memorable. Eh?

Definitely a step backwards, Blizzard.
Reply Quote
I think that if they ever added runes/runewords in Diablo 3, they would have to be implemented drastically differently compared to Diablo 2. In Diablo 2, you could find items with more than three sockets, and you would need a specific amount of sockets on an item to make a specific runeword. In Diablo 3, only certain items can roll sockets and those items can roll only a certain amount of sockets, and I don't think white items can even roll sockets. This is how I think they should implement a runeword system:

1. Runes drop off enemies randomly, just like gems/potions/tomes/etc.
2. Runes could only be used on White named items (making White items useful), and if they want to kick it up a notch, only certain runewords would work with certain item types, and if they want to get even more creative, they could somehow make the "Superior/Toughened/etc" prefixes of white items affect the runeword somehow.
3. Instead of making them similar to gems where you would have to put them in a socket, just make the runes "right clickable" then "applying" it to the weapon - no longer having to search for an item with a specific set of sockets
Reply Quote
I don't expect to see runes before the expansion. Maybe Blizz will add a diamond gem in a future patch, but that's it. Blizz still needs to make Topaz useful in weps!
Reply Quote
I agreed. +100000000000000

but no more NERF, the game has to be hard!! and without smooth runewords drops..

Legendary had to be really legendary, HARD to find and GOOD itens.

I AGREED RUNEWORDS and CHARMS (with a separate inventory).

the game must be difficult. VERY HARD.. not this thing that looks like barbie game...
Edited by GirombA#1725 on 3/7/2013 7:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thank you everyone for supporting me. I sure hope that Blizzard listens and that we'll see runewords in the expansion.
Reply Quote
YES!!! BRING BACK RUNE WORDS!!!! IM SOOOOO FOR THIS!!!!

And check out my thread about Bringing back Diablo runs.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8088619241
Reply Quote
1. Runes drop off enemies randomly, just like gems/potions/tomes/etc.
2. Runes could only be used on White named items (making White items useful), and if they want to kick it up a notch, only certain runewords would work with certain item types, and if they want to get even more creative, they could somehow make the "Superior/Toughened/etc" prefixes of white items affect the runeword somehow.
3. Instead of making them similar to gems where you would have to put them in a socket, just make the runes "right clickable" then "applying" it to the weapon - no longer having to search for an item with a specific set of sockets

This is brilliant!!!
That truly is a great way to make white items in this game useful. They are without any dout just a waste of pixels ATM.
Reply Quote
they should add a rendom encouter quest that would reward you with an additional socket in an item... higher mp would give additional chance to find him on his area ....

also the devs could make the random quest more rewarding and once complete you would not be able to get the big reward again... for now hunting random quest/encounter is useless...

those quest would only be available in inferno and would have to do it for each character who want them.

random quest reward idea :
+10 allres reading parchemin
+20 permanent max life potion :)
imbue a weapon with a socket (like above)
+5 permanent armor bonus
+4 intel
+4 strenght
+4 dex
+4 vita
-10% for all future repair cost
+ 5% mf
+5% gf

small bonus like that is always fun to hunt :) and more usefull than only 1.8k gold
Reply Quote
WTB 15% superior 3 socket archon for 2 hr
Reply Quote
To do that they would either have to change the name of the runes in the skills we have or change the name of runes that drop and runewords into something different. Also I would not want runewords to be the next BiS in the process. That would be just a repeat of D2.

You could call it Gemwords.

They wouldnt have to be BiS, There were a handfull but only a handfull of "BiS" runewords in D2.

"runewords" also is not enough interesting and usefull items. A large number of sockets and the different types of items to put into those sockets made Building some gear interesting and fun.

Combination gear, Amn rune for LoH, Emerald for poison damage, rare jewel for increased dmg plus attk speed. et.c etc.

These things made builds FUN at ALL char levels! They were not BiS, and shouldnt be BiS, just FUN.
Edited by sheltem#1166 on 3/7/2013 6:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 06:30 PMPosted by DOWNFALL
+1 to runes, runewords, saphires, diamonds, skulls, and magic/rare/legendary jewels

Yes.

I personally want charms too, but if they decide against that its understood not "everyone" likes them.

I personally think they rock and are one of the best ideas ever implemented in this type of game.

They make you think.

What do i wanna pick up with less space avalible? how many charms do i wanna use ? what charms can i stack to help my build?
Reply Quote
lol i guess i was a little late but i made a post about this and charms just today. great minds
Reply Quote
Yes.

I personally want charms too, but if they decide against that its understood not "everyone" likes them.

i agree. those people dont want them dont have to pick them up... am i right or am i right
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]