Diablo® III

Will we ever get real PvP Arenas?

90 Orc Death Knight
I'm just wondering if they are even being developed at this point or are they brushed off? I enjoy pvping wholeheartedly and that's what made d2 end game really fun imo.
Reply Quote
Mmmhmm. Brawling is a band-aid solution. The real PvP needs to come out soon. Its been almost a year and the real thing is still not here.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
03/06/2013 09:48 PMPosted by okComputer
Mmmhmm. Brawling is a band-aid solution. The real PvP needs to come out soon. Its been almost a year and the real thing is still not here.
So is it being developed any time soon is what I'm wondering, Diablo lore is awesome and all but I can't keep going on over and over again in the same mode with different guys. (I'm going to get flamed I know it) I mean it's fun but not for 2 years I think it has been now.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
bumpy
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
@Noxifer
Yeah for sure, maybe D3 even gets a popular e-sports ego if pvp was introduced properly. Time will tell if they don't add it in any patches, hopefully it gets added very successfully in the expansion that they will announce in blizzcon most likely.
Reply Quote
DOTA or LOL style pvp in D3 would be great, 2 sides defending a keep from enemy army, while 3-5 players per side wreck everything on the battlefield including the other players as a team based battle.

team arenas would have worked out fine if only there was a valid match-making system. I think the problem might have been it was just too complex to match players of equal power against each other most of the time, resulting in too much imbalanced team fights. PvP stats and skills for all classes seem way too imbalanced as well to really be considered a fair competition. hopefully that gets fixed.

more brawling maps would be nice, maybe a different one for each act, along with a quick join system to join brawling games would be great.

a dueling system where 1v1 fights specifically could take place, and allow the players to "wager" a trade item or gold to give incentive to compete against another and gain something other than bragging rights, anyone who likes PvP would find this amusing, even just for a couple hundred k or a crappy item. and if some want to wager 100mil or 2 billion gold and post the video on youtube, even better.
Reply Quote
So PvP in D2 was in an arena. IIRC PvP in D2 was more in line with brawling, which is what we got now.
Reply Quote
I don't really get why they didn't just add the duel function from D2. Just so that both have to agree if they are so against "griefing".
Reply Quote
03/07/2013 03:32 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
So PvP in D2 was in an arena. IIRC PvP in D2 was more in line with brawling, which is what we got now.

u can have teams in D2 if i remember it correctly
Reply Quote
Jerzey, if Blizzard does that and gets away with it, I'll be hanging my frosty Blizzard fan hat on a hook permanently.

I love the company, but am extremely disappointed in what this game is. Should it actually manage to get worse... there'll be no picking it up ever again.
Reply Quote
03/06/2013 09:44 PMPosted by Çâthülü
I'm just wondering if they are even being developed at this point or are they brushed off? I enjoy pvping wholeheartedly and that's what made d2 end game really fun imo.

D2 had Arenas?

Wow I played that game for 10 years and never saw them... you sure you played the game which Blizz made?

Fact is, pvp did never exist at an Diablo game. The only thing we had were duells and PKs.

Duells is what we have now and PKs we hopefully never get again. These people made puplic games a pain, just because they had to annoy others.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]