Diablo® III

The Comeback

Since release most frowned upon this game and was the biggest disappointment to most. However, that being said, here lately this game has made one HELL of a comeback! No sooner than they make crafting viable now they are changing Co-op AND itemization.

I love this new team and or leader, what about you?
Edited by Ghost#11709 on 3/6/2013 7:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
I just wanted to be able to keep playing this game for awhile and leave WoW behind in the dust. The ability to experiment with new awesome legendaries and rares that make a difference is exciting! Add to that expansion features and additional patch content and I'll never pay for that monthly fee again.
Reply Quote
Can you remind me again when all these changes were implemented?

I see a lot of talk.
Reply Quote
I like what they have been saying of late, but this is Blizzard we are talking about. A lot of these changes could be more than a year away.
Reply Quote
Actually... I think it's officially over for me. zero auction items in the last 5 days. hit p100 on my wiz. sold 750 bucks of gold. can't see what's left to do.
Reply Quote
View profile
More like, "Yea we will definitely have PvP Arena/Dueling in D3", scrap at last second because Jay Wilson needed another hamburger.

ie, Travis gives lip service, but nothing will really change even if he was in charge of the game.

The game doesn't need band-aids (which is what he posted in the item blog) but real changes to core concepts.

This will never happen.

And you expect them to redesign/re-code the game to please the vocal minority... The happy players just play the game and don't whine on the forum... I'd put money on it that half or the majority of players do not even visit these forums....

Perhaps the players enjoying the game are casuals who haven't played another game before and don't know what a forum is or what a disappointing game is?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

And you expect them to redesign/re-code the game to please the vocal minority... The happy players just play the game and don't whine on the forum... I'd put money on it that half or the majority of players do not even visit these forums....

Perhaps the players enjoying the game are casuals who haven't played another game before and don't know what a forum is or what a disappointing game is?

And perhaps not.

<--Player who enjoys the game.
Reply Quote
Remember a couple of months before launch, when they casually mentioned PVP wouldn't now be available at launch, and Jay said if it wasn't implemented in the first few months after launch, it would be considered a 'massive failure'.

Yeah.
Reply Quote
I cant say things were great at the start, in fact, it was a disaster. This does not mean the new team or leader will not try to keep this from going belly up.

For those that wonder, I am not a fanboi. A fanboi is anyone who would completely ignore all bad weather the bad outweighed the good or not.
Reply Quote
pvp option is still poorly executed guys .. case close :D
Reply Quote
Since release most frowned upon this game and was the biggest disappointment to most. However, that being said, here lately this game has made one HELL of a comeback! No sooner than they make crafting viable now they are changing Co-op AND itemization.

I've tempered my expectations, though I do share a measure of your enthusiasm. Honestly, I'd love to see this game fulfill the massive potential we all know it has. Not sure you can call this a "comeback."

I like the improvements made to the gambling system well enough, but I'm still waiting for crafting. Haven't read any solid propositions on co-op, Excited to see what happens with itemization.
Reply Quote
I think personally that D3 had a pretty bad start and everyone who played the game then pretty much would agree with this. The first play through wasn't bad but then it all started to go downhill quickly. The first 3 patches (1.0.1, 1.0.2 and 1.0.3) didn't really even do anything to help the situation, all they did more or less was nerf the game but not really fix any of the core issues.

Since that though the last few patches (1.0.4, 1.0.5, 1.0.7) have been pretty good and really started to fix some of the issues with the game. The slated features of 1.0.8 look like they will really start to make the game feel like a balanced and polished game.

Coming down the pipe we know there are the legendary improvements (round 2), PvP Patch, expansion, other itemization fixes, Social UI improvements, etc... that are all under development. I think considering how quiet Blizzard was for literally months about the state of D3, it looks like things are finally starting to turn around. We've had the most feedback in the past few weeks than since the game launched. We see that core issues have been either resolved or are being worked on to some degree and we've been given small previews of whats on the horizon.

The ball is now in Blizzard's court so to speak, the tide has turned but things could quickly sour if Blizzard fails to bring these improvements OR fails to bring them in a reasonable time frame. I am personally expecting to see 1.0.8 at the very least hit the PTR in April and see the Legendary Improvements come in a patch before the summer hits. I also think its safe to say we will see a lot of new things at Blizzcon this year in regards to D3, if we don't see the new PvP System and at least a preview of the Expansion I'd be surprised.
Reply Quote

Irrelevent how I feel about them, the always connected drm and the lag it introduces to single player make D3 a failure, and purchasing it a failure on my part, allowing nostalgia to rule over sense.

I don't see that changing except perhaps on another platform, and I will not re-purchase and play on that platform.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]