Diablo® III

CW... To socket or not to socket?

Hi,

I'm currently shopping for a Chantodo's Will wand and I was curious which option I should go for: socketed or not. I know that the socket can grant nice boost but I have also noticed some of the stats are much lower compared to their values in the non-socket CW variants. What's the trade off? Which is better for a high level (ultimately I want to be doing MP10s) farming with an end- or near end-game wizard gear?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
IAS lets you do and try alot of fancy stuff
You can do crafted bracers and non TR armor like BT and Zunis

This only applies to 1.78 speeds and above for 2.73

OS you will be stuck with one of bad IAS items Mempo/Lacunis or Innas for 2.73

If you doing 2.501 then no comments =)
Reply Quote
IAS lets you do and try alot of fancy stuff
You can do crafted bracers and non TR armor like BT and Zunis

True, IAS wand open more opportunity for upgrades, as a socketed wand user, i got stuck more often on upgrades because i need to maintain 2.73 aspd. Especially with the new crafting, IAS wand is the way to go.
Reply Quote
yeah i would say IAS wand now. you can craft something godlike but not be able to use it because of limited gear options if you choose socket
Reply Quote
NO socket, but with Life steal ...!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]