Diablo® III

Suggestions for Affixes and "game changing" Legendaries

lots of cool ideas in this thread! my ideal approach to the game would be not to have to use AH at all. currently i only use the AH for selling stuff (i have not bought a single item). and the only reason for me even selling stuff is to be able to buy legacy nats some time.

blizzard seems to want us to play the game instead of AH, they want crafting to be cooler and they want to increase build diversity. imho at least for DH there would be a very simple solution that adresses all of those things:

give us an affix that enables us to regenerate disc.

the current situation shows us that this is game changing but not game breaking. so everyone not using AH knows about the playstyle with disc regen, but they have no chance to make use of this awsome feature.

that could be implemented in two ways.
1)introduce a ilvl 63 quiver recipe that has a guaranteed dex roll and can potentially roll +X disc regen.

this variant would improve the situation on AH usage, crafting and build diversity

2)create a new set (crossbow or bow +quiver) where either one of the items has disc regen or the set bonus is disc regen.

both variants would give us a decent alternative to DML and we may have to sacrifice some dps in order to get that sweet regen, so it would not be a no brainer to just go for disc regen.

TL;DR

give DH disc regen back
Reply Quote
What my items are trying to accomplish is that, by not using the common dps and survivability affixes, or applying them into an unusual fashion; builds, underpowered skills, and play-styles can be produced.
You could say that these items are intended to provide a new way of looking into the old affixes and/or being good alternatives to current BiS. Item's that you could build your skill's and char around them.

Edit: I've seen in other threads propositions of affixes that would "grow" based on the chars Paragon Levels. I think it's a good/great idea, so I'll be using it within the legs that I present here. There's too many threads poping in the forums so I probably won't be able to find the first person that came up with this idea and post it. Nevertheless, I thank you, and hope that you enjoy my "design".

.Increase Chance of Finding a Health Globe By: 25-45%.
.Health Globes and Potions Grant 7500-15000 life.
.Increases Gold and Health Pickup Radius By 15-35 Yards.
.Wearer is Immune to Poison Damage.
.Ghoom's Glutony*.
.Ghoom's Never Ending Famine*1.

*. Every time the wearer consumes a health globe and is healed by it there's a 25% of Ghoom's Severed Gut spawning a stationary Poison Cloud of 5 yards. The Cloud deals 1500% weapon damage over 10 secs as Poison damage type. If a creature's killed within the cloud it's spawns an adjacent Cloud with the same properties. Each cannot spawn more then 2 other Clouds in this way. Clouds cannot stack upon each other.

*1. When inside of a Poison Cloud the wearer recieves a 5% movement bonus. Futhermore, every time the wearer consumes a health globe and is healed by it he/she gains 1% movement speed to a maximum of 15%. The bonus last 10 secs and is reset by consuming a health globe. The increased speed of both bonuses is not counted towards the movement cap.

The stench is revolting to my guts; felling it wrapped around my belly, trying to free itself brings an intense chilling to my spine; the sight of it's almost unbearable to my eyes; the sounds that it makes as it consumes my foes is nightmarish, and yet I feel depply attached to it, a viceral feeling; not mentioning I've never been this hungry my whole life.

.10-20% Life.
.10% Chance of Casting Ground Stomp/Wrenching Smash When Hit.
.5% Chance of Casting Earthquake/Chilling Earth When Hit.
.Immune to Frozen and Cold Damage.
.All Creatures In a Radius of 15-20 Yards Have Their Movement Speed Decreased by Half.
.The Sacred Pledge.*

*. Whenever the wearer takes damage equal or more then 15% of his health pool, an Ancient Barbarian Ghost is summoned. The base damage of the Ghost will be 60% of the wearer. It will randomly spawn with 1 out 5 abillities: Weapon Throw/Ricohet; Seismic Slam/Rumble; Rend/Ravage; HoTA/Birthright; Whirlwind/Dust Devils. All abilities damage correspond to that of the skill. The Ghosts last until they're killed. No more then 5 Ghosts can be active simultaenously.
[The Ghosts share the same traits as a Wd Zombie Dog]

The Spirit Clan was the guardian of all the tribes ancestors, the keepers of their souls; forever bounded to Arreat. The leader and most revered amongst them was the elder shaman. Whevever great peril approached the mountain, he would travel around Arreat, his footsteps awakening the tribes spirits to the coming battle, after all Death was nothing compared to their oath.

.12-24% Movement Speed.
.025-050 Attacks per Second.
.Increases Damage Against Elites by 25-50%
.Slippery Shadow.*
.Shadow Infusion.*1
.Shadow Blood.*2

*. Whenever the wearer is subject to a control impairing effect or curse there's 25% chance that it will be negated. When it happens the wearer also gains a 50% movement speed boost for 2 seconds.

*1. Whenever the wearer is hit there's a 5% chance of the shadow infusion to be activated. For 15 secs. the wearer gains immunity to physical damage and 25% resistance to other damage types. Every attack has 10% chance to kill any non-elite/rare monster it hits, regardless of the damage. Whenever a creature's killed that way it explodes dealing 180% weapon damage to everyone in 15 yard radius. The Shadow Infusion ability cannot be activated more then once every 45 seconds.
[the wearer's appearance become similar to Shadow Power/Gloom but without the green wings].

*2. Critical Hit Chance and Critical Hit Damage bonuses provided by: Gear, Passives and Skills, aren't applied to the wearer's overall damage. All bonuses provided by the Wearer's Gear are instead, converted as following: All Critical Hit Chance in gear is converted to Min-Max Damage on ratio of 1%=1-10 damage. And critical Hit Damage in gear is converted on the ratio of 50%=150 life regeneration, 100 armor, 10 all resistance.
[Critical Hit % still applies to crit calculating effects such as BF:ItF, Vengeance, Critical Mass, etc...]

The Shadow, The Darkness, The Abyss. All different names to the same Entity. It's one of the forces of Creation, therefore it isn't necessarily evil as The Light isn't necessarily good. They 'feed' each other, in the never ending cycle we call Life. It's way, The Shadow Way, of 'loving' those that embrace it is to infuse it's very essence onto them. Therefore, to choose that path, that love, is to become part of the Shadow itself. Choose carefully, young one, but choose with your soul. For there's no coming back after you've done it.

Linarian.

.15% Chance to Dodge. (Not subject to diminishing returns).
.400-750 Armor.
.Increases Gold and Health Pickup Radius 20-25 Yards.
.M'avina's Strategical Retreat.*
.M'avina's Counter-Attack.*1
.M'avina's Deflection.*2

*. Whenever the wearer takes damage that would otherwise kill he/she, that damage is negated and the wearer backflips 20 yards. After the flip the wearer gains invulnerability for 2 secs. That effect cannot be triggered more then once per minute.

*1. Whenever the wearer dodge's a melee attack there's a 10% chance that a counter-attack will be iniciated. If the monster is not an elite/boss/rare it's automaticaly killed. Elites/Bosses/Rares that are hit take 100% weapon damage and are stunned for 2 secs.

*2. Whenever the wearer is subject to a ranged attack and dodge's it the projectile is thrown back at the attacker. The maximum reach of the counter attack's determined by your pickup radius.

Instead of blabbering about how many arrows per minute you can shoot, or how far can you throw your javelin young one, know that, in combat, the first rule's to stay alive. A dead Amazon can't kill anything.

.12-24% Movement Speed.
.Adds 0,25% to Lightning Damage per Paragon Level.
.0,25% to Cast Eletrocute/Chain Lightning - per Paragon Level - on Hit.
.2.80-3,00% of Damage Dealt Is Converted to Life.
.Titan's Blood.*
.Lightning's Conflagration.*1

*. All your elemental weapon-damage is converted to lightning and if you're using a lightning-based skill/rune you gain 50% damage reduction to lightning. Every time you receive a lightning based-damage and it deals more then 10% damage of your health pool, every enemy in 15 yard radius is eletrocuted for the same damage.

*1. Every time you deal lightning damage to a monster there's a 5% chance of stunning it for 2 seconds. If an enemy is killed while stunned it explodes releasing a shock pulse that deals 60% of the monsters health pool as damage to all enemys within a 20 yard radius. The shock pulse is considered a lighning-based attack in terms of proccing the Lightning's Conflagration effect.
[Items, Passives and skills that have the property of "x% chance to stun on hit" contribute, i.e. get their percentages added to the total % chance of stunning.]

The Hands of the Gods are merciless. They punish the wicked swiftly by droping all of the sky's mighty onto their heads. Unbelievers and doubters are fulminated and no trace's left of their wickedness.

.Imperius Battle Orders.*
.Tyreal's Sacrifice.*1
.Auriel's Al'maiesh.*2
.Ithereal's Foresight.*3
.Malthael's Touch.*4
.Regenarates 12 Life per Second - per Paragon Level.

*. All party members that are within 20 yards of the wearer receive a bonus of 10 armor - per paragon level.

*1. Whenever a party member get's to 10% or lower Life, for 5 secs all of the damage that he/she might receive will be fully reverted to wearer. When the ability is activated the wearer gains a bonus of 0,65% - per paragon level - reduction to all types of damage; the reduction lasts for 5 secs. Tyrael's Sacrifice can not be triggered more then once per 35 secs.

*2. All party members within 20 yards of the wearer gain a 10% bonus to resource generation/regeneration.

*3. The wearer gains 0,2% dodge - per paragon Level.( Not subject to diminishing returns). Whenever the wearer succesfully dodges an attack all party members within 20 yards gain a 0,5% - per paragon level - damage bonus on their next attack.

*4. Whenever all party members are within 20 yards of each other, every ranged attack at any of them has an innate 0,2% - per Paragon Level - chance of being deflected back at the attacker.

Valor, Justice, Hope, Fate and Wisdom. The High Heaven's Archangels have always fought together. That unity is the very foundation of their strength.
Edited by Ravlaor#1393 on 3/12/2013 7:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am concerned about item bonus related to paragon level...
When extension hits, will paragon be reset?

I would hold on extra benifits from paragon until there is more clarity

About feedback requested here, how about some legendary multiplayer items.
Say player1 and player2 wear some ChainXChestPlate, they can use the multiplayer skill chain and act like the chained elites.
Also multiplayer skills, maybe provided by the legendary item, so we can say to player 3 : Hey cast your ice thingy on our chain!
Edited by Yiriba#1816 on 3/7/2013 6:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Have like. 10% Chance on attack to cause a meteor to fall from the sky onto your screen and it be within 30% radius of potentially hitting a monster instead of a 100% random drop somewhere in the area.

Wizards could have abilities that alter current spells like. Have a legendary create chances for your abilities to cast frost spell look alike. 5% chance for a arcane orb to be a frozen arcane orb ext..

Barbarians could use weapon throw and those grappling chains to pull switches in the environment that triggers scenarios like chandeliers dropping. It is a RPG.

Make weapons with poison damage have a chance on swing to splash poison effects everywhere or in an AOE radius behind the targets being damaged.

Add more elements to the game like if I want to go to a jungle area and run in water, I want to be taken down stream somewhat because of being in the stream. Have things in the nature of the maps have something to do with the game. The art is good, so now make it do something besides look good.

Add more quests that get you do something such as pushing through mobs of monsters that keep coming in waves and incorporate that into the game so that your doing a quest fighting mob after mobs to get to the next area of the game. Right now quests are... Stand in this camp and kill some mobs that appear. That's not engaging at all. If I had to fight down a bridge and mobs were coming left right and center, and there was a person to save at the check point, I'd need to beat everything to get to them. Then they tell more story of them and give you things to do like you saved them now the NPC wants you to go into this dungeon and slay a boss and you go do that and after you get a reward, that's cool. Now you made this NPC an outpost, and each new game you play it keeps being under siege, and you need to defend it again. Do something also that has you actually effect the world somehow.

Also make there be reputations with parts of the game world. Say you owned an outpost outside of caladium somewhere, you could make there be mercenaries/npcs that are part of a camp and that could be under siege. So when your in a game you can go do quests that support you defending and building a better outpost for yourself. First person to be in the game owns their outpost and others can help your out and gain reputation for theirs as well. In another persons game it's their outpost and there are quests that support it becoming better. Maybe you could do quests for this outpost and that allows you to get NPC's to research new spells and abilities that could be added to your character in the longterm, also in time the NPC outpost gets high enough leveled it encounters a new type of monster or AFFIX and now it unlocks that into the game.
Edited by Forever#1133 on 3/7/2013 7:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
I want to see weapons roll +x% to Holy/Poison/Whatever damage.

Also, DH weapons with high CC chances, like D2's Windforce Strafe Amazon. Maybe not so untouchable, but still. For a ranged class who has to stop moving to attack, keeping monsters away is mandatory.
Reply Quote

Say player1 and player2 wear some ChainXChestPlate, they can use the multiplayer skill chain and act like the chained elites.
Also multiplayer skills, maybe provided by the legendary item, so we can say to player 3 : Hey cast your ice thingy on our chain!

Legendary multi-player items? That's an interesting idea. I like the idea of chains between you & your teammates. It's something to at least pushes groups sticking together.

How about a legendary item where when 2 players (P1 & P2) equipped with this item can use the other's skill? For example, have P2 be able to use the skill P1 has keyed to "1" & set as his/her "5" (& vice-versa). If there are more than 2 wearing this item, have their "1" skill keyed as "6" & "7" for each person in the order that they entered the game. With 4 people with that item (if you collaborate), each player could have a total of 9 different skills! I think an item like this would have to be class dependent though since I don't know how well costs would work with different resources (hatred/discipline/mana/rage/etc).
Reply Quote
I've seen quite a few requests for shield improvements on here... so here's a few shield-specific ideas:

- X% Chance to Deflect Ranged Attacks
- X% Chance to Deflect Melee Attacks
- X% Chance to Reflect Ranged Attacks
- X% Chance to Reflect Melee Attacks

^ These would be checked first to see if the shield completely nullifies/reflects the damage. If not, then it will roll the block chance as normal. Here are a few other ideas:

- +0.25% Chance to Block per Paragon Level
- +30 Block Amount per Paragon Level
- +25 Defense per Paragon Level
- +0.02 Attacks Per Second per Paragon Level
- Blocked Damage is stored, and added to the total damage of your next attack
- Blocking Attacks Increases Critical Hit Chance by 3.0-5.0% for 2 Seconds
- Blocking Attacks restores 2-5% of Total Hit Points
- X% Chance to Stun Enemies for 2 Seconds with a Shield Bash when blocking their attack
- Reduce Enemy Attack Speed by X% for 5 seconds after blocking an attack
- Reduce Enemy Damage by X% for 3 seconds after blocking an attack
- Reduce Physical Damage by X%
- Reduce Magical Damage by X%
- +X% Block Amount
- +X% Defense
Reply Quote
I would like to see legendary items that enhance certain types of builds, while making some set of skills unusable or ineffective. The easiest example would be the Demon Hunter.

First allow the Demon Hunter to dual-wield Daggers.

Then allow the skills Strafe with Stinging Steel or Demolition runes and Rapid Fire with Bombardment rune to be usable with melee weapons equipped.

DH Dagger Set:
Dagger: Flash
* Comparable DPS with Arcane Damage
* Dexterity + 170-200
* Increased Hatred Regen
* Spiked Traps have a 10% chance on hit to Blind for 1 second
* + some number of Random Magic Properties

Dagger: Bang
* Comparable DPS with Fire Damage
* Dexterity + 170-200
* Disipline + 9-10
* All Grendades have there explosion radius increased by 2 yards
* + some number of random magic properties

Set Bonus:
* Reduce the cost of Caltrops by 2
* Reduce the cooldown on Fan of Knives by 10

Here is a set that would create brand new builds, since many Demon Hunter skills require a ranged weapon, but it would really enhance the skills that can be used with melee weapons.

Another DH Legendary:
Shield: Gidget
* Comparable Armor and Block
* Dexterity + 170-200
* Increased Attack Speed + 9-10%
* Disipline + 12-15
* Doubles the range and effects of Sentries (distance fired, length of chain, area of effect, etc).

Makes a Sentry/Tank build for the DH desirable, but takes up the slot for the Dead Man's Legacy.

Witch Doctor Legendary:
Shield: Head Hunter's Glory
* Comparable Armor and Block
* Intelligence + 170-200
* Increased Crit Change + 7.5-10%
* Increased Mana Regen + 10-20 per second
* Increase Thorns damage by + 10% character damage.
* When a fetish dies, it explodes for 100% character damage in an 8 yard radius.

Suddenly having the pet thorns skill seems useful when it scales with character DPS.

Barbarian 2H Mighty Weapon:
Titan Axe: Death's Blade
1665-2484 Damage per Second
1.20–1.30 Attacks per Second
* +(243–486)–(534–1067) Poison Damage
* +80–100% Damage
* Increases Attack Speed by 20–30%
* +170–200 Strength
* +7.0-9.0% of Damage Dealt Is Converted to Life
* Crit Chance reduced to 0%
* +1 Random Magic Property

I love the idea of a mighty weapon that does about 2 times more damage than the next highest mighty weapon, but to compensate it reduces all Crit Chance to 0%. Forcing the user of this weapon to ignore all Crit Chance and Crit Damage items and skills. It would definitly generate new builds.
Reply Quote
Legendary weapon with chance to spellsteal a random ability from elites would be pretty sweet, while keeping things random.

Really liked the idea of MP level having a chance to change ilvl of a legendary drop. 63 Leroic's....come to me....

Would also like to see random affixed vendor value on rares (say 1000-10000g) and legendaries (say 5000 to 500000g). Could convince people to pickup more items, and possibly boost the crafting mats market.
Reply Quote
Also, legendary follower specific gear, with a chance to make them much more useful, would be a welcome addition.
Reply Quote
I would love to see a crossbow that essentially works like a shotgun.

Very slow attack speed..
Say within 20 yards it increases all projectile based attacks by 200%
From 20-25 yards it does 100%, and for every 5 yards after that take off 20% damage or so.
I would love to see this made useful in in Demon Hunter tank builds..
Stats would be Dex and/or Vit, with a chance to roll All resists and/or +Armor on a weapon.
Maybe even throw in some Life% too. Always rolls one socket.

Another item that might be cool to accompany it, could essentially be a lasso of sorts that reels in single targets so you can shoot them in the face.

I just really want to shotgun things basically.
Reply Quote
How about a legendary that on monster death has a %chance to resurrect the monster into a zombie pet monster with X% its original HP.

Imagine a pet mallet lord etc
Reply Quote
My ideas

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7763916335#6
Reply Quote
I read through most of this thread and love some of the suggestions others seem just a little to obvious. plus stats based on lvl is a good idea to revert back to from D2.

Affixes i would like to see are things like chance to proc a specific skill on hit. Like a pair of boots that has a 5% to to proc Caltrops when hit. or 5% chance to proc inner circle when hit. Or an Armor piece that can that will shoot frost nova if more then 10 enemies are within 10 yards with a cool down.

I personally play HC mostly as i love the thrill of it and a lot of people mentioned things that they would like to see on shield like auras and class specific dmg. In HC shields are used a heck of a lot more frequently then either twohanded or dual wielding to give us a major buff to EHP. I as apposed to them want to see either a two handed weapon that gives us a major boost to EHP (like that spear that has plus all resist only better) or a one handed weapon that has major defensive stats like huge plus armor, plus chance to dodge, AR, LIFE STEAL,

I also remember when i just purchased my Cindercoat with 2k+ reflects. I want a viable build for low MP based on high HP and high reflect. For instance if you Up two topaz and socket them into dual wielded weapons. In normal you can literally just stand next to a group and watch them die hitting u. Dont even have to move or anything. Make reflects dmg scale with EHP not primary stat as that would be more enticing affix for people that have a large health pool but not as usefull for someone that has 2500+ primary stat but under 40k hp (like most SC).

Looking forward to the upcoming patches and very appreciative of the feed back we are getting concerning the direction this game is headed
MK
Reply Quote

Legendary multi-player items? That's an interesting idea. I like the idea of chains between you & your teammates. It's something to at least pushes groups sticking together.

How about a legendary item where when 2 players (P1 & P2) equipped with this item can use the other's skill? For example, have P2 be able to use the skill P1 has keyed to "1" & set as his/her "5" (& vice-versa). If there are more than 2 wearing this item, have their "1" skill keyed as "6" & "7" for each person in the order that they entered the game. With 4 people with that item (if you collaborate), each player could have a total of 9 different skills! I think an item like this would have to be class dependent though since I don't know how well costs would work with different resources (hatred/discipline/mana/rage/etc).

You liked this, well you will probably like many ideas here and feel compeled to reply to it after clicking LIKE ;)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6079613197?page=1
Reply Quote
Is there any way to customize your build even further by improving the Rune and not the just Skill in general?

For example, Zombie Charger's Zombie Bear is used by 99% of people that use Zombie Charger. Let's just say I want an odd-ball build by using Wave of Zombies but it is very hard to make a good dedicated "Zombie" build when Bear drives up the cost of all Zombie-Charger items so freaking high. I would like to have items that specifically improve Wave of Zombies and be different!

I would like to see even more dedicated Legendary/Magical Properties that enhance specific Runes.

Is this possible?
Reply Quote
how about letting us spend experience points we earn to upgrade items by small amounts.. upgrading the items though would make them BoA.

Say I spend 50,000,000 millon exp to add +/X (+ 10 str for example ) to one of my items or (+1% atk speed ). etc.. etc.. you get the point.. Could make it that it is a chance to only upgrade the stats that are on the item.
Every time I go to upgrade the same item The experience cost would go up say 20%.

Would give a reason for people to keep grinding exp knowing that they can slightly upgrade their items as they play.
Make it a separate pool from your para lvl exp bar. For example. I can put 0% to 100% of my exp into a pool for upgrading items.
Would make the +exp shrine worthwhile again for para100's..

Would create a item sink. Could also even make it a small gold sink by attaching a again a small gold value to the vendor that would convert the exp to the item, say 1 mil gold for the time. Could have it cost Brim's DE's.. other junk mats... etc.. to keep people farming.. etc etc..
Edited by Setayn#1841 on 3/7/2013 9:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
No more Random Properties on legendary items please.Only Primary Stat is random, and class specific buffs (ie if an item rolls Str, and has a class buff, it rolls for barbs.) and skill buffs (ie if str, can get Cleave damage or Hammer of Ancients cost reduction not monk skills).

^ THIS ^

Class specific legendaries and rares should roll stats for that class. Just make finding these items a bit harder and we're good.
Reply Quote
I would like to see even more dedicated Legendary/Magical Properties that enhance specific Runes. Is this possible?

I'm sure it's possible, and something they'll work on.
Reply Quote
Over all I am very pleased with the way D3 has turned out and I certainly appreciate the tweeks they have made since it first released. However the one feature missing in this version that I really enjoyed in Diablo II was the ability to use the way points to easily travel to previously completed acts. As it stands now, once you make it to a new act the way point resets and you can only use points you collect during that act, and I cannot seem to find any characters such as a caravan leader to take you back to the previous act.

The only way to go back right now is to reset your quest in the main menu but that washes out your current game.

If there IS a way and I am missing it , I would love to hear how to do it. If it really is missing this feature then common Blizzard and add some extra awesome to D3 and give us some old school way point hopping love.

Don
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]