Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
I started a separate thread about monster density and the discussion made me wonder:
1) What MP do you farm at for maximum efficiency (speed while maintaing good drop rate/quality)?
2) If your gear is considered "Godly", what goals do you have for your chars?
3) Do you ever find any upgrades, or is everything you pick up traded or used for materials at the Blacksmith?
4) What Paragon Level are you?
5) How many times do you let your char die before you crank down MP?
My gear is far from godly and I am enjoying Inferno MP1-5, with hopes of finding gear that is good enough to get me to higher MP. So essentially I am farming gear/XP and keeping enough gold to do repairs along the way. I occasionally craft and only use AH to sell gear for the purpose of keeping the gold stores full.
Edit: Adding a question to the list.
Edited by Bullfrog#1188 on 3/8/2013 1:30 PM PST
Your gear has my gear beat no problem.
I am with you, the thrill of the hunt is what keeps me in the game. And I have a long way to go to reach my goal of maxing paragon on all chars and being able to farm high MP.
NICE gear on your WD. Especially that helmet!
I admit to choosing gear with slightly lower stats (not that your stats are low) just because it looks cool. My Barb was using a Giant Skull helm way longer than he should have...
Farm easy mp 5-7
If you believe the theory that MP3-4 is the "sweet spot" for farming, then you are golden! Something leads me to believe this may not be true. I tend to think the higher MP the better.
My short term goal is to be able to say, "Fun challenge MP 8-10".
Getting there SLOWLY.
1) I farm at MP5.
2) My gear isn't godly, I can do better.
3) I do find upgrades. I just found the Lacuni Prowlers my wizard is wearing. Also found my Skorn, and a beast dual socket Manticore that my cousin is borrowing.
4) I'm paragon level 48.
5) I will crank down the MP when I die more than 4 times while doing a Keeps run to Ghom. Usually happens at MP7, haven't gone higher than that. I have to labor a bit at MP6, MP5 is just right.
This is all based off my barb. 500 hours of DH and I needed to play a new character.
1) What MP do you farm at for maximum efficiency (speed while maintaing good drop rate/quality)? Mp5-7
2) If your gear is considered "Godly", what goals do you have for your chars? Not goodly or fantastic gear even, but I can solo uber mp10 with carrying 1-2 people so I'm happy ATM.
3) Do you ever find any upgrades, or is everything you pick up traded or used for materials at the Blacksmith? Found my echo fury speeding through mp3 and got it out of a chest on rakkis crossing.
(DH found both my dead mans and calamity off ubers in the same run. Calamity off SB/kulle and deadmands off Ghom/Rak0
4) What Paragon Level are you? 74 barb
Seems like my goal of farming XP to get into higher Paragon levels is a good path based on what I am seeing.
It's encouraging to see this in higher difficulty chars:
- Dual wielding/2-handed ( I HATE shields for any class, seems like a waste)
- Really good found items. I am 100% self found and this helps keep me motivated to keep the hunt going!
- Great items found in places other than dead enemies. I meticulously scour every square inch of every level and sometimes wonder if its worth the time. Apparently it is.
This response is for my DH:
1) I farm MP6 solo or MP8 public
2) My gear is far from Godly. My goal like any other character is to up my EHP w/o sacrificing DPS. For me the ultimate test is always "Can you solo MP10 Ubers". Once I reach that point w/ my DH. I would consider moving on to my Monk or Wiz.
3) I do sometimes find upgrades for my DH when farming on my other characters. Wth 1.07 I also started to craft a bit, which led to some minor upgrades
5) 2-3 consecutive deaths on one elite pack.
Lets see :
1) 5-7 so fast , I can't noticed the Act is ended
8-10 good exp and fun , some pack are so nasty and annoying but all in all I like 9
2) my gear is a piece of trash , most BoA
3) some upgrades and some nice item for sell
4) paragon 92 , farming mp8-9 is always a challenge , mp10 isn't that hard but takes more time so I stay 9
I farm MP9. MP8 is pretty easy, and I choose not to do MP10 because those huge ground stomping demons in ACTII| (forgot the name ) just have too much HP on 10, especially as elite packs.
These are my red flags for "time to turn down MP" and either farm or craft.
1) Depends on which character i am using....with my barb MP8, the rest from 2 to 6
2) Not sure if my gear can be call godly....depends on the build....dun like to use echo fury
even though increases dps.....more incline to survivability than massive dps but cannot hold
water. Goals - bringing all the characters to plvl 100.....it's a long shot but have to aim high...lol
3) Yes..but very rare....like reallly realy rare.....others just gave my friends of sell it cheap in
4) highest character at lvl81
5) normally i play in MP lvl that i can survive....
I consider my gear to be above average mid-range. My goals are to improve my characters and to bankroll a lot of gold/materials for future patches/expansions/characters so long as the game remains fun to play.
I rarely find upgrades.
I've probably picked up 3 upgrades this year.
I'm not discouraged by this because my gear is beyond the point of reasonable drops.
It is supposed to be rare to find something better.
Ranges from 40 - 60 among my five classes
When I complete a run and I've lost gold.
Only my monk can farm MP10 by my own rules but it's not efficient.
All my other classes would die to often.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.