Diablo® III

How Godly is your gear?

1) Mp1

2) No, More Resist All, Max Damage

3) I found my shoulder item and identified it

4) 20

5) I tried mp2 and killed a few elites. My barb ran into an elite that owned him, so I went back to mp1.
Reply Quote
03/08/2013 02:48 PMPosted by jrambo88
I'm a God walking amongst mere mortals.

Congratulations there Sparky.

Care to shed some wisdom so that we "mortals" can attain something even near your level of utter awesomeness?
Reply Quote
03/08/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Bullfrog

Care to shed some wisdom so that we "mortals" can attain something even near your level of utter awesomeness?

Thanks that was actually my nickname in high school because I was so fast on the field. How'd you know that? No I can't share any wisdom with mere mortals, sorry bro but sucks to suck.
Reply Quote
03/08/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Bullfrog

RMAH. That's how. lol
Reply Quote
03/08/2013 02:55 PMPosted by jrambo88
Thanks that was actually my nickname in high school because I was so fast on the field. How'd you know that? No I can't share any wisdom with mere mortals, sorry bro but sucks to suck.

OKAY...

ONE Troll snack then you have to move along...

Whether someone "sucks" is very subjective. My sense of accomplishment in this game comes from making progress as a self found player. The level of difficulty is fun without being hopeless and the suspense of getting drops is still intact because I don't have gear that exceeds my current level of progression.

What do you find rewarding about this game? Besides the superiority complex, that is.
Reply Quote
I'm self found and self made like al Capone. Ill teach you how to dougie one day if you ask politely.
Reply Quote
I farm MP 3 to 5. That is the sweet spot for most, paragon lvl 51. I could have better gear, never find upgrade. I don't die!
Reply Quote
View profile
My gear is not godly, but my barb holds the world record for mp0 skycrown runs.
Reply Quote
Sub-par gear, but I can easily clear MP 10

onhelldifficulty
Reply Quote
03/08/2013 03:14 PMPosted by jrambo88
I'm self found and self made like al Capone. Ill teach you how to dougie one day if you ask politely.

Congrats on your accomplishment of being self found and able to conquer higher levels of game play. This is my goal.

The Dougie is SO 3 years ago man. You can do better than THAT.
Reply Quote
03/08/2013 03:18 PMPosted by BadtotheBone
I farm MP 3 to 5. That is the sweet spot for most, paragon lvl 51. I could have better gear, never find upgrade. I don't die!

That is consistent with what I have researched regarding the Inferno farming MP "sweet spot". I guess the only reason to go higher MP is if farming isn't the only thrill and you like a challenge. Congrats on never dying. Sounds like HC is your game.

03/08/2013 03:18 PMPosted by TheFunGun21
My gear is not godly, but my barb holds the world record for mp0 skycrown runs.

HA! As much as people love to talk about Act 3, I find Skycrown to be a little boring after a few times. The Keep is more fun IMO, albeit a bit too much like a maze. The "knocking" sound in Act 3 never cease to freak me out late at night when I use headphones. Sounds like something is in my kitchen!

Sub-par gear, but I can easily clear MP 10

onhelldifficulty

Hehe. I was surprised how little difference there was between Nightmare and Hell. And calling something "Hell" sets the expectation pretty high. There is a thread currently about having fewer modes in D3. Maybe rename Inferno to Hell and keep Normal and Nightmare?
Edited by Bullfrog#1188 on 3/8/2013 3:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
1) MP7-8

2) I don't consider my gear to be godly on any of my characters. I consider it to be efficient for each character. My lowest DPS character sits at 150k unbuffed.

3) The only upgrade I have found was for my wiz and it was a higher crit and higher ias Mempo. Put the old one on my WD.

4) Highest paragon is 20. Lowest is 10.

5) I don't crank down the MP unless I just want to speed farm. Usually do MP5 for that.
Reply Quote
My WD's gear is pretty average for the most part. It is however, a very effective setup. I have a gear set that gives him 220k dps but i have found that this setup is actually much better. Mp3 is probably my sweet spot for farming, but lately I started doing some mp5/6 public games and i was surprised at how well he did. Really not much different than MP3 public games. I think it is because in MP3 there are more people not pulling their weight compared to higher MP games. My WD does not have very good defenses but I usually only die if I am not paying attention or i run into a particularly difficult elite pack. I can and have played MP 10 solo but it is ridiculously slow and I would be much more likely to die multiple times. Usually just play mp0 on my alts or if I want to try a dumb build out.
Reply Quote
I started a separate thread about monster density and the discussion made me wonder:

1) What MP do you farm at for maximum efficiency (speed while maintaing good drop rate/quality)?

2) If your gear is considered "Godly", what goals do you have for your chars?

3) Do you ever find any upgrades, or is everything you pick up traded or used for materials at the Blacksmith?

4) What Paragon Level are you?

5) How many times do you let your char die before you crank down MP?

My gear is far from godly and I am enjoying Inferno MP1-5, with hopes of finding gear that is good enough to get me to higher MP. So essentially I am farming gear/XP and keeping enough gold to do repairs along the way. I occasionally craft and only use AH to sell gear for the purpose of keeping the gold stores full.

Edit: Adding a question to the list.

1) I play for the fun not the "efficiency." So if fun for me today mean a challenge I crank up the MP. If I just want to smash and feel like a Demi God I turn it down and WIN WIN WIN!

2)Not Godly. No goals.

3)Been a very very long time since I looted an upgrade. I find that I do enough damage as is and don't really care to look for new gear anymore. I'm one of those odd balls that am holding out for good content > "better" gear.

4)30

5)Normally if I have died enough to need to repair twice I've started to have veins in my head throb...and it normally results in a- Press ESC key, Exit Game lol.
Reply Quote
mp3-10, but mostly mp5 cuz trash mobs as well elites just melt under my arrows =) Also like the mp10 crypt runs usually doing with a company of cm wiz. Got 2 upgrades out of crafting and right now im trying to craft myself a nice gloves but 200+ crafted so far and bad results...
Reply Quote
Un-.

Ungodly.
Reply Quote
Gear is ok to good. Generally play MP10, it's not the most efficient but it's more fun for me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]