Diablo® III

New Legendary/Set Items ideas.

Similar to the threads in the general discussion section what are your ideas for new WD gear?

This is my rendition of a pet master set items for the Witch Doctor and I think these would be build defining and fun!

Libanza The Pack Master
Off hand:
• +(28-110)-(29-405)
• +170-200 Vit
• Critical Hit Chance 8-8.5%
• One of 2 Magic Properties (varies)
- Regenerates 350-535 Life per Second
- Reflect Damage affix (only if they fix it to be viable)
• 2 of Three Magic Properties
- Increases the maximum number of zombie dogs by 1-2, (max 6 using zombie handler)
- 2 Gargantuans are summoned instead of one but their damage is decreased by 50-65% (I give credit to the person who came up with this idea I read it in a thread a while ago on the WD forum but can’t remember who posted it but I really liked it so thanks!)
- Fetishes fight by your side for 25-35 seconds instead of 20 seconds and grants them Force Armor and AoE damage reduction (same as zombie dogs), for fetishes summoned by Fetish Sycophants and Gidbinn, they only receive the Force Armor and AoE damage reduction(the time they last stays the same.)
• + 1 Random Magic Property

Libanza's Bestial Rage
Voodoo Mask:
• +65-80 Resistance to All Elements
+ 170-200 Intelligence
+90-120 Intelligence
- Regenerates 350-535 Life per Second
- Reflect Damage Affix (only if they fix it)
• Increases Damage Done by Summons by 35-50% Weapon Damage but Decreases the Damage Done by your skills by 35-50%
• + 1 Random Magic Properties
• Empty Socket

Libanza's Wrath
Set bonus:
(2) Set:
+130 Vitality
There is a chance that your summons will infect your enemy with the plague that will spread to nearby enemies and deals 120% weapon damage over 8 seconds
Note: Chance of proc would be around 5% max, it would be nice to see it activate approximately every 10-15sec on average but of course you would go through dry streaks as well as good streaks and would work like Locust Swam.

Additional Comments (Affix explanations):
The Summon Damage bonus is a straight 35-50%, for example your zombie dogs would do 44%-59% weapon damage instead of 9%, whereas your skills do 35-50% less so for example for zombie bears each bear would do 200% x 0.65= 133.25% weapon damage , with the 35% damage reduction to your skills. It is important that the decrease is to the % of weapon damage your skills do and not to your actual DPS due to the fact that your summons damage scales off of your DPS. Of course these numbers I have for the decrease and increase to damage might not be balanced but I want it to be that you can deal some damage yourself but the bulk of your damage comes from your summons, you should play more of the support role to you pets.

Gargantuan Damage, with perfect rolls on the Voodoo mask and offhand deals 150% and if you have 2 Gargantuans their max damage would be 75% weapon damage ( with no rune)
- With Humongoind Rune Max damage would be 180%, but with 2 Gargantuans it would be 90%
- With Big Stinker Rune it would do the 150% per attack and then the poison cloud deals 15%+(50 x .15)=22.5%
Zombie Dogs, with perfect rolls
- With 6 dogs out they would be doing a combined DPS of 354% weapon damage
- Burning Dogs rune damage calculated the same as Big stinker rune
- Leeching Beast Rune, the life steal would have to be scaled back to account for the additional damage to balance out to what s was with them just doing 9% weapon damage

Fetish Damage, again with perfect roll on the voodoo mask they would do 70% weapon damage
- The force armour and AOE reductions would work exactly like zombie dogs(edit thanks for the idea Umbra!)

I chose Vitality for the main stat on the off hand and set bonus instead of Intelligence for better summon survivability. The life regeneration is for more survivability or reflect damage is for some more damage. One note about the reflect damage is that it should only be included if that affix is fixed. One idea that I have read to fix reflect damage was that it should work similar to how the reflect damage affix that elites have so basically reflects a % of any damage done back so it scales with MP.

EDIT: Change made to include the suggestion by Umbra for Force Armor and AoE reduction for fetishes and clearification
Edited by KingTako#1222 on 3/12/2013 6:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I like the Idea of a Set for summoning WD. I think your numbers are a little to extreme for the reduce dmg. Most of our decay/dots spells allrdy have a low %dmg and I believe there intended purpose was to be use at rang behind a wall of pets. Over all great Idea
Reply Quote
yeah was really trying to make it so that it would be to op by making that you could still could have high DPS output in addition to the high damage by your pets but i do see where you are coming from. I really wanted it to be that you would utilize all you debuffs and CC to supplement your pets in other ways than just DPS output. thanks for the comment :)
Reply Quote
I was about to say I would never use that set till I got to your foot notes on how the added dmg was going to work with pets.

You mite wish to clear up how you wish the Fetish bounces to work with Fetish Sycophants becouse thoughs guys last 60sec not 20 so 25-35 sec is a down grade.

All around I like the ideal though I still would not use it if you left the Thorns out. I like thorns even now works realy well even now with Leaching beast and pets hold better argo.

I would change the life x% to Fetish to Fetish now recive Force Armor and AoE reduction same as dogs. That would probly work hell alot better.

It would let them take more then one direct hit and all your fetish would not be wiped out with AoE.
Reply Quote
@Umbra good suggestion for the fetishes i like the force armour and AOE damage reduction better and i actually didnt realize that the fetishes lasted 60secs when summoned through Fetish Sycophants so i clarified that. Also for the reflect damage i dont think it would be worth it unless they fixed it because IMO life regen is way better as of now especially for higher MPs where your pets die quickly without life regen. But thanks for you comments!

Also interested in hearing some other peoples ideas for Legendary/set items.
Reply Quote
Ya I totaly understand what your saying about life reg at higher levels verses thorns.

But this is not about a life reg verses thorns when we can have both. FL is the primary Pet passive so 1 halve of this passive is dead do to horrible game mechanices.

It would still be wrong to write off Thorns on what will probly be the only Pet set.

And at some point there going to have to fix thorns. The have even said as much.
Reply Quote
yeah I totally agree with you there because i also think that a pet focused build would have high thorns damage and health regen. I think i just put "only if they fix it" in there to address that it needs to be fixed lol
Reply Quote
Viper's Voodoo Set

Viper's Sting
Legendary Ceremonial Knife

*750-900 Average Damage
*200-300 Intelligence
*80-100% Critical Hit Damage
*8000-12,000 Damage to Melee Attackers
*800-1200 Life Regeneration per Second
*1 Random Property
*Fierce Loyalty gives your pets 200% Thorns and Life Regeneration, and you receive an additional 100%

Viper's Curse
Legendary Voodoo Mask

*200-300 Intelligence
*100-200 Vitality
*200-300 Armor
*70-80 All Resistances
*4.5-6.0% Critical Hit Chance
*1 Open Socket
*15 yards to Pickup Radius
*10-14 Mana Regeneration per Second
*Circle of Life now allows 3 separate Final Gift Zombie Dogs to spawn
*If more than 3 Zombies Dogs are spawned, one will explode dealing 275% of your weapon damage as Physical to all enemies within 12 yards

Viper's Venom
Legendary Mojo

*200-300 Average Damage
*200-300 Intelligence
*100-200 Vitality
*8.5-10% Critical Hit Chance
*5-7% Damage Reduced from Elites
*5-7% Damage Reduced from Ranged Attacks
*5-7% Damage Reduced from Melee Attacks
*10-14 Mana Regeneration per Second
*Jungle Fortitude also increases your Armor, All Resistances, and Life by 10%

Set Bonus
(2) 10,000 Thorns and 15 yards to Pickup Radius
(3) Fierce Loyalty, Circle of Life, and Jungle Fortitude apply to all players within your Pickup Radius
Edited by quesadilla#1781 on 3/11/2013 7:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I like this affix quesadilla
If more than 3 Zombies Dogs are spawned, one will explode dealing 275% of your weapon damage as Physical to all enemies within 12 yards
Reply Quote
I think your knife is a little to extreme if those affixes are all guaranteed rolls. Over all they are good choices but that thing is just to dam OP if it comes with any range of every thing listed. I really like the idea of the high amounts of thorns/LR on a weapon. I see two really solid idea but i'm not a fan of 3 items sets. I really like the FL idea but i still think thorns is useless in high MPs.
Reply Quote
Idea for items to improve Bats , posted it in the general forum thread aswell but changed it to be a set(very creatively named).

Bat Set
Shoulders of the Bat
+5-15 PuR
+150-250 Int
+100-200 Vit
+2-3 LS
-Firebats cost reduced by 4-9 mana

Gloves of the Bat
+6-8 Poison damage
+10-15% HP
150-250 Int
+300-500 LoH

Boots of the Bat
+ 4-7% Fire damage
+30% Damage to Bats
12%MS
150-250 int
+10000-20000 HP from globes

Set Bonus
Bats now have no casting time

Fetish Idol
WD offhand

+(20 - 110) - (80 - 370) damage

1 of 2 props
+ 8-10 Poison damage
+ 8-10 Fire Damage

+150-350 Int
+6%-8% Attack Speed

1 of 4 Props:
+ Damage to Firebomb
+ Damage to Spiders
+ Damage to Darts
+ Damage to Toads

Fetishes do 80% weapon damge
On equip a permenant Fetish Shaman pet is summoned that heals party. Shaman will also summon Torcher and Hunter fetishes.
Edited by Kinesiology#2764 on 3/11/2013 1:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The bats items dear lord those would make me a happy WD indeed, I believe people might cry things like "op" or "no fair".
Reply Quote

I think your knife is a little to extreme if those affixes are all guaranteed rolls. Over all they are good choices but that thing is just to dam OP if it comes with any range of every thing listed

Fair enough. I've adjusted the affixes to be more reasonable.
Edited by quesadilla#1781 on 3/11/2013 7:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I like this affix quesadilla
If more than 3 Zombies Dogs are spawned, one will explode dealing 275% of your weapon damage as Physical to all enemies within 12 yards

I feel that zombie dogs have been buffed defensively very well, but because of that, there's no point in running Circle of Life to replenish your dogs; they don't die often enough. This would give a reason to use that passive.
Reply Quote
03/11/2013 05:13 AMPosted by Fean
The bats items dear lord those would make me a happy WD indeed, I believe people might cry things like "op" or "no fair".

So we'll be the new Barbs: )
Reply Quote
I like that bat set :)
Reply Quote
New legendary mojo

The Barron (as in Barron Samedi)
+(32–130)–(33–484) Damage
+170–200 Intelligence
Attack Speed Increased by 8–9%
Critical Hit Chance Increased by 9.0–10.0%
Increases Mana Regeneration by 12–14 per Second (Witch Doctor Only)
One of 5 Magic Properties (varies)
    Reduces resource cost of Zombie Charger by 4–12 Mana. (Witch Doctor Only)
    Increases Corpse Spiders Damage by 5–14% (Witch Doctor Only)
    Increases Spirit Barrage Damage by 5–14% (Witch Doctor Only)
    Increases Poison Dart Damage by 5–14% (Witch Doctor Only)
    Reduces cooldown of Summon Zombie Dogs by 10–20 seconds. (Witch Doctor Only)

+1 Random Magic Properties
Edited by JonkZ#1210 on 3/11/2013 10:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
New legendary mojo

The Barron (as in Barron Samedi)
+(32–130)–(33–484) Damage
+170–200 Intelligence
Attack Speed Increased by 8–9%
Critical Hit Chance Increased by 9.0–10.0%
Increases Mana Regeneration by 12–14 per Second (Witch Doctor Only)
One of 5 Magic Properties (varies)
    Reduces resource cost of Zombie Charger by 4–12 Mana. (Witch Doctor Only)
    Increases Corpse Spiders Damage by 5–14% (Witch Doctor Only)
    Increases Spirit Barrage Damage by 5–14% (Witch Doctor Only)
    Increases Poison Dart Damage by 5–14% (Witch Doctor Only)
    Reduces cooldown of Summon Zombie Dogs by 10–20 seconds. (Witch Doctor Only)

+1 Random Magic Properties

We already have Homonculus don't need another dogs mojo, don't think we need more trifecta stats gear either.
Edited by Kinesiology#2764 on 3/12/2013 12:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Would like to see the Demonn Heart Set bonuse redone so it was a good thorns set. Something like:

2. 10000 thorns
3. +20% thorn damage to elites
4.Chance to reflect projectiles
Edited by Kinesiology#2764 on 3/12/2013 3:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If any of theese sets would get to the game, i would roll 3 aditional Wds, each having equiped with one of it!
Wd for life!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]