Diablo® III

DRM petition

Hi!

I just signed the petition "Electronic Arts Inc.: Remove "Always Online" DRM from SimCity and future games." on Change.org.

http://www.change.org/petitions/electronic-arts-inc-remove-always-online-drm-from-simcity-and-future-games

Thanks!
Reply Quote
All games that have a single player aspect Need offline mode.

Diablo is no different yet we got stuck with Online only DRM.

Ugh at least Diablo 3 works.

Blizzard is doing a great job of keeping the servers up but the sad thing is the Dial up users 50% of Maine and other states in the United States cannot play because there connection is 14.4-28.8K dial up.

I have tried Diablo 3 on my relatives 28.8K connection and it was a terrible experience.
Reply Quote
I just hope OP didnt buy the game knowing the online requirement
Reply Quote
All games that have a single player aspect Need offline mode.

Diablo is no different yet we got stuck with Online only DRM.

Ugh at least Diablo 3 works.

Blizzard is doing a great job of keeping the servers up but the sad thing is the Dial up users 50% of Maine and other states in the United States cannot play because there connection is 14.4-28.8K dial up.

I have tried Diablo 3 on my relatives 28.8K connection and it was a terrible experience.

Yea playing D3 on a 486 DX2 computer would prolly be a miserable experience. :P Sorry I just haven't heard of any computer or ISP using Dial-up since 1999.
Reply Quote
03/09/2013 08:24 PMPosted by Archangel
That says more about you than those you mock

Thanks. that comment make me search the internet, and I found

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/business/news/plenty-of-internet-users-cling-to-slow-dial-up-connections-85360/

Interesting reading. Last year article, though.
Reply Quote
No I did not buy Sim City. After learning of the online always requirement, I decided not to buy it. Good thing I didn't, they have had worse launch issues than even this game did believe it or not.

**Vertigo are you from Maine? Don't meet many other Mainers around in games.
Edited by Deadmau5#1419 on 3/12/2013 1:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]