Diablo® III

Common abbreviations?

A friend got me into the game, but I honestly cant glean any help from these forums because you're all posting in what looks like an entirely different language. Can somebody help me get caught up on the jargon?
Reply Quote
what exactly are you having trouble with?
Reply Quote
What is Mp0-10, WW, IAS, instabrim, etc.?
I see more abbreviations than actual words here.
Reply Quote
MP is monster power (level setting apart from the normal,nightmare,hell,inferno difficulties).
WW is whirlwind
IAS is increased attack speed
CC is crit chance
APOC is arcane power on crit
CD is crit damage
Reply Quote
Community Manager
If you're looking for the low-down on Diablo III lingo, I'd highly recommend checking out this blog on The Diablo III [Urban] Dictionary. :)
Reply Quote
I went there but it doesn't have what TL:DR means... what does it mean?
Reply Quote
TL:DR

TOO LONG, DIDN'T READ
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
Awww, it even has an explanation behind "Aren't you thankful!"

TL:DR means Too long, Didn't read.

It usually signifies that you're trolling the other person by saying that they said too much garbage and it wasn't worth your time to read.
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
Reply Quote

That is not diablo lingo, its not even gameing lingo. it applies to forums in general.

Too Long Didnt Read
Reply Quote
instabrim = When you have an unidentified legendary item and you already know it will be a useless item before you identify it. Thus the only purpose left for it is to salvage it into a Brimstone.
Reply Quote
03/07/2013 07:51 PMPosted by Woah
instabrim = When you have an unidentified legendary item and you already know it will be a useless item before you identify it. Thus the only purpose left for it is to salvage it into a Brimstone.

aka (that's Also Known As in case you are really lost) 95% of the legendary stuff you will find.
Reply Quote
03/07/2013 07:48 PMPosted by Drothvader
It usually signifies that you're trolling the other person by saying that they said too much garbage and it wasn't worth your time to read.

NO it does not imply trolling!

Sometimes people will use a lot of words to say something which could have been said more simply.

For instance the principals that I was taught when giving a speech were.

Consise,
Brief,
To the Point!

"This letter is too long because I lacked the time to make it shorter"
- Albert Einstein
Edited by sheltem#1166 on 3/7/2013 7:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
^ Damn that is well said
Reply Quote
^^^
If the long boring paragraphs were well written and interesting we would take the time to read them but could not be bothered to read the ramblings of a disorganised mind
Reply Quote
View profile
^^^
If the long boring paragraphs were well written and interesting we would take the time to read them but could not be bothered to read the ramblings of a disorganised mind

yes, because it's possible to know the content of a post BEFORE reading it.

i mean...really?
Reply Quote
03/07/2013 05:58 PMPosted by Desno
WW is whirlwind

could also be Wicked Wind on wizard
Reply Quote
03/07/2013 07:45 PMPosted by Rohan

TLDR
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]