Diablo® III

Density

I have been playing other games and the number of encounters with enemies FAR surpass the likes of Diablo 3. Even Act 3.

Sure there are some parts of act 3 that are good but the rest is just as lacking as act one.... The BEST act. That is the act that everyone got in the beta and raved and carried on how good the game was. Little did they see act 2 or 3 or dismal act 4.

Sooooo...... The sooner you guys (at Blizzard) get over your idea of "this is fun" and "this is balance" and "this will make the game last longer", the sooner you will focus on what makes it fun (e.g. LOTS more monsters and places to kill monsters with awesome loot that doesn't sub-par everything else on the market or over-par everything so hard that it's laughable.) and the sooner it will be the Diablo we will be happy to call Diablo 3. (Which in itself will make the game last longer. In case you didn't get that (Blizz). lol)

Last thing. Everything you guys (at Blizzard) have done to try to "prolong" the playability if this game, the more you have upset players and made the game a worser experience overall. The last dev blog was awesome and seems you guys have noticed this. If you listen to your fans and give them what they want, they will come back time and time again wanting MOOOOORE. :D

P.S. You cannot add too many monsters. No matter how many you cram in their (I hope it's cramming in lol) it will never be too much. :D Can't wait for the future of Diablo.
Edited by Snoofo#1164 on 3/9/2013 6:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
Paragon levels, BiS crafting, fixed legendry items (1st time), and Ubers made the game worse? If you hate this game so much, then just leave. If all of those things made the game worse, then there is nothing they can do to make you happy.
Reply Quote
lol You're obviously missing my point. I'm really happy with Blizzard at the moment. After Travis Day's blog I felt they HAD seen all the areas they fell out with. And I mean all of them. (Just have to wait for them to get implemented.)

You forgot about all the bad ways they "balance" and "fix drop rates"? As I said it's the things they did to try to PROLONG the life of the player base the more they upset us. (They obviously thought Diablo players were a different bunch of people when they were in development lol) The actually extra playable content was great.
Reply Quote
Not long ago i read a post by Lylirra saying they were working on monster density for an upcoming patch, along with Id all and a couple other things. She didn't give details about what they were doing for it, though, but at least it seems they're tackling the issue.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We are hoping to get some monster density changes in patch 1.0.8. Lylirra posted about them here. Our idea is increase the monster density in Act I, II & IV of Inferno difficulty in order to provide a variety of farming options. We believe there will always be an optimal routes for efficiency, but our intention is lessen the gaps that currently exist.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't get why kids like Snoofo think they speak for everyone.
Reply Quote
They (Blizzard) seem to have skirted the issue of monster density for ALL difficulties that's been asked AGAIN. Why should monster density only apply for Inferno don't they want people to enjoy the other three difficulties by adding the monster density to them as well, seems not. I think extra monster density in normal, nightmare and hell would just add to the attraction of going through those difficulties. I personally find them the most boring as you just run all over the place trying to find things to kill, but really getting nothing of note, so adding monster density to these difficulties will spice the game up no end.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/08/2013 02:26 PMPosted by nugar
They (Blizzard) seem to have skirted the issue of monster density for ALL difficulties that's been asked AGAIN. Why should monster density only apply for Inferno don't they want people to enjoy the other three difficulties by adding the monster density to them as well, seems not. I think extra monster density in normal, nightmare and hell would just add to the attraction of going through those difficulties. I personally find them the most boring as you just run all over the place trying to find things to kill, but really getting nothing of note, so adding monster density to these difficulties will spice the game up no end.

that's a really bad idea b/c in those difficulties you ahve to worry about balance. Act 1 normal has to be easy. If they add to density you have to start tweaking the stats on monsters and there is no warm-up and the whole thing gets stupid.

The only area that needs improving is the end-game - i.e., inferno. The other difficulties are perfect as-is.

Though I suspect his is another troll post from someone who is just looking for an excuse to complain. Sad.
Reply Quote
My issue is the whole "this is balance" crap... they have been approaching this game like they did WoW in regards to balance. Which is the wromg approach... Diablo shouldnt have that slow feel of progression. The curve from start to farming efficiently is crazy. You should be able to get to Inferno, invest a bit of time, and be farmin efficiently. This should be the same for casuals. Once you get there though... how often you play and how well you play should equate to rewards.

Right now this game has too much of a hump... items below the hump are useless and worthless and items over the hump cost millions.
Reply Quote
My issue is the whole "this is balance" crap... they have been approaching this game like they did WoW in regards to balance. Which is the wromg approach... Diablo shouldnt have that slow feel of progression. The curve from start to farming efficiently is crazy. You should be able to get to Inferno, invest a bit of time, and be farmin efficiently. This should be the same for casuals. Once you get there though... how often you play and how well you play should equate to rewards.

Right now this game has too much of a hump... items below the hump are useless and worthless and items over the hump cost millions.

That's their RNG they designed for this game for ya.

We are hoping to get some monster density changes in patch 1.0.8. Lylirra posted about them [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8087879561?page=2#30"]here[/url]. Our idea is increase the monster density in Act I, II & IV of Inferno difficulty in order to provide a variety of farming options. We believe there will always be an optimal routes for efficiency, but our intention is lessen the gaps that currently exist.

Thanks Grimiku but I knew that and read that I just felt like putting the emphasis on act 1. :) It's the most Diablo like scenery in the game. (Because in my opion act 4 should be hell and act 3 should have a more colapsed, darker evil feel to it) No matter how many monsters you put it, don't worry, it can never be too much. :D

03/08/2013 01:51 PMPosted by Amaru
I don't get why kids like Snoofo think they speak for everyone.

Good to see you know how old I am. lol
Reply Quote
View profile
03/08/2013 03:13 PMPosted by TheNightOwl

that's a really bad idea b/c in those difficulties you ahve to worry about balance. Act 1 normal has to be easy. If they add to density you have to start tweaking the stats on monsters and there is no warm-up and the whole thing gets stupid.

The only area that needs improving is the end-game - i.e., inferno. The other difficulties are perfect as-is.

Though I suspect his is another troll post from someone who is just looking for an excuse to complain. Sad.

Also you spend way more time in inferno anyway. Even playing normally you will not be devoting to much time to leveling and that is playing at MP0. I can also understand why inferno only. It would severely increase the lag big time if they went with all difficulty levels. I know we do not want increased lag.
Reply Quote
Just decrease the amount of XP and loot per mob, and throw 10 more 'big packs' into each zone. Also, more health globes! :D
Reply Quote
We are hoping to get some monster density changes in patch 1.0.8. Lylirra posted about them [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8087879561?page=2#30"]here[/url]. Our idea is increase the monster density in Act I, II & IV of Inferno difficulty in order to provide a variety of farming options. We believe there will always be an optimal routes for efficiency, but our intention is lessen the gaps that currently exist.

This seams to be like going about the "problem" with act 3 efficiency in the "wrong" way.

Let me explain;

The "problem" atm is that act 3 has such a high mob density, that by building fast moving AoE spamming builds this act will outclass all the other when it comes to most drops/exp per hour.

The "wrong" way to fix this is to make all other acts be the same. Since this will just force everyone to build fast moving AoE specs to be the most effective, sure you can now play in any act but with the same spec no matter where you farm. Not to mention that adjusting mob densities is probably a lot more work then the right "fix".

The right "fix" imo, would be to adjust drops/exp in the act, in comparison with what act 3 is atm. This would keep the feel that each act has now, but not punish players when playing them instead of act 3. It would also promote new specs that people can figure out. Like maybe a tank build or a single target build will work better in act 4 or 2? This should also be a LOT easier to implement (changing exp and drop rate info on mobs) then fiddling with spawning locations and such.

Put 5 testers (one for each class) on testing each act with a few different builds and gear composition. Let them test the exp/drops for a couple of days. Use the data, implement changes to drop and exp data on mobs in act 1,2 & 4. Test for another day or two, verify if the balance is ok. Implement the patch = Done!

Edit: Typos.
Edited by Elvis#1501 on 3/10/2013 4:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I gotta agree with the OP on one thing

ya, basically there can never be enough.
Reply Quote

This seams to be like going about the "problem" with act 3 efficiency in the "wrong" way.

Let me explain;

The "problem" atm is that act 3 has such a high mob density, that by building fast moving AoE spamming builds this act will outclass all the other when it comes to most drops/exp per hour.

The "wrong" way to fix this is to make all other acts be the same. Since this will just force everyone to build fast moving AoE specs to be the most effective, sure you can now play in any act but with the same spec no matter where you farm. Not to mention that adjusting mob densities is probably a lot more work then the right "fix".

The right "fix" imo, would be to adjust drops/exp in the act, in comparison with what act 3 is atm. This would keep the feel that each act has now, but not punish players when playing them instead of act 3. It would also promote new specs that people can figure out. Like maybe a tank build or a single target build will work better in act 4 or 2? This should also be a LOT easier to implement (changing exp and drop rate info on mobs) then fiddling with spawning locations and such.

Put 5 testers (one for each class) on testing each act with a few different builds and gear composition. Let them test the exp/drops for a couple of days. Use the data, implement changes to drop and exp data on mobs in act 1,2 & 4. Test for another day or two, verify if the balance is ok. Implement the patch = Done!

Edit: Typos.

That's a neat idea, but seems like it would be way too convoluted and difficult to implement. I think overall, more density is the way to go. It improves what is one of the largest complaints with this game (whether you have an AOE spec or any other), that there are zones which simply seem barren and it takes too long to find a good fight. Yeah, they could provide a more customized experience if they calibrated different parts of the game to tank specs, single target DPS specs, AOE DPS specs, etc., but that effort, in my opinion, is better used to work on itemization and other fixes, such as allowing us to teleport between any of the zones in the game without losing NV.

Also, it's worth noting that for me, whether I'm playing DPS or tank specs, more mobs = more fun. I like the feeling of being potentially overwhelmed by monsters, in the thick of battle, instead of my armor-clad, fierce-looking barb, chasing some silly wasp half way across the continent only to swat it once and insta-kill it.
Edited by Exile#1863 on 3/10/2013 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Hopefully you guys take that time to not only increase density but improve "fighting monsters" experience over all. Take this time to input a few more ambushes kinda like the start of leorics manner when all the monsters rush at you.
Reply Quote
There is no point in making a monster density option. Everyone (or should I say almost everyone) will just pick the highest density. Why would you pick anything else?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]