Diablo® III

Pandemonium event (special event) for end-game content!

Pandemonium events, in short, are slightly modified versions of current random events, except that they are more rare and reward better.

Regular "Shrine of Rakanishu" event:

Kill the summoning stones, defeat the Avatar of Rakanishu and destroy the altar. The altar may drop a (blue) Rakanishu's Blade depending on whichever difficulty it is. The Avatar will drop loots worthy of a major event reward.

Pandemonium Rakanishu

The entrances of the event will shine with orange light to warn you that it's a Pandemonium event. The summoning stones can now only be killed after slaying the Avatar of Rakanishu. The Fallen mobs around are also stronger, same with the ones summoned. The Avatar of Rakanishu is also be stronger (but more importantly, more tanky) and will no longer wait for the summoning stones to die before spawning.

Upon completing the event (altar can only be destroyed after the Avatar and summoning stones are slain/destroyed), you have an increased chance of getting a legendary version of the Rakanishu's Blade. This legendary item may or may not be account bound.

The Rakanishu's Blade will have some random "unique" affixes, such as turning the wielder "lightning enchanted" ie unleashing lightning upon being hit (small cooldown, of course), increasing lightning spell damage by X%, converting all damage to lightning or a chance of casting Nova when you successfully hit an enemy.

Regular "The Old Man" (Purple Tree in act 1)

Upon opening the very tempting shiny chest, you are being ambushed by vicious tree-like demons. You must either grab whatever loots you can and run, or be prepared for an epic battle to the death.

Pandemonium Old Man

Upon opening the chest, the entrance (which had orange light to warn you) will be blocked by black magic. You cannot TP out or run away. Allies outside the event may still port back to town and spawn on someone who's in the event. The Old Man is now much stronger, as he will move slightly faster, release poison faster, more HP and attack faster... but most importantly, more and more demon-like trees will be awakened by the Old Man to help him kill you. You must defeat the Old Man, or risk seeing the entire area filled with poison. You might need some allies for this one. You can't simply let the number of trees go up unchecked... unless you have really high DPS and sustain.

Upon defeating the Old Man, you will have an increased chance of getting a legendary item (let's not kid ourselves. Chances are already low, and it will still remain "low")

Regular Jar of Soul

Survive 60 seconds against skeletons, slow at first, and more and more frenzied later on.

Pandemonium Jar of Soul

Survive 120 seconds (I would increase the time if I could...) against skeletons. The first 60 seconds is similar to the regular Jar of Soul. However, at the 61 second mark, a champion pack will spawn (spread out). At this point, there's already a lot of skeletons that is spawning... but there will be new skeletons that spawns. Skeleton Archers will start spawning at the 60 second mark. There will also be shield bearer that spawns at the 90 second mark. At the 120 second mark, a final champion pack will spawn. At this point, skeletons will keep spawning until the champion pack is defeated. Those skeletons (not the champions) that spawn after the 120 seconds mark will reward no XP or loots.

The Jar of Soul will naturally be surrounded by orange light if it's the harder version. In pandemonium version, the doors are closed tight and you may not TP out.

What do you guys think about it? Do you have more ideas to share? :D
Edited by DoomBringer#1994 on 3/7/2013 10:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
Pandemonium Old man and Jar of Soul look like a great idea for my Hardcore PK
which was inspired by Project Pony.
Reply Quote
Pandemonium Old man and Jar of Soul look like a great idea for my Hardcore PK
which was inspired by Project Pony.

Heh =/ There could be warning window where the entire team has to accept -_- (like when you do any major quests).
Reply Quote
I like the idea of more challenging events or even challenge dungeons.

Carrion Farm

Talking to the farmer (screen will pop up that will warn you of the challenge, farmer will have a red aura around him as a visual) will cause the gate to close trapping you in.

The plague nests have a lot more hp and spawn 3 times as fast.
When damaging a plague nest 1 plague carrier elite pack will spawn and will always have Plague affix as one of it's affixes (in the end you fight 4 elite packs plus that unique plague carrier). Also when the event starts plague carriers will continuously spawn in the middle forest. Plague pools stay until the event is over.

Reward would be the higher chance of getting a legendary or a chance to get a level 63 Pox Faulds with the following upgraded stats.

350-450 armor

- Regenerate 2% life per second
- 2 sockets
- These pants occasionally make you stink..
- One of 2 Magic Properties (varies)
- +100-120 Armor, +40-50 poison resistance
- + 125-150 Armor, + 55-65 poison resistance
- +3 Random Magic Properties

Poison Cloud Passive: every 6 (non reducible) seconds a poisonous cloud will appear where you are standing and will remain there for 6 seconds dealing 50% damage per second.
Edited by DeMasked#1233 on 3/8/2013 12:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
anything anything anything that makes random events MUCH more special, interesting and rewarding I am 100% FOR. How fun will it be to farm for these (rare) events and actually get something beyond just a 'special monster' to kill -- make it INTERESTING
Reply Quote
03/08/2013 01:23 AMPosted by DethAxe
anything anything anything that makes random events MUCH more special, interesting and rewarding I am 100% FOR. How fun will it be to farm for these (rare) events and actually get something beyond just a 'special monster' to kill -- make it INTERESTING

I would actually want some "random event" locations, where the event there is selected in a long list of potential random events. This would make random events not bound to a single location, but in multiple locations. We got something similar in act 2, but I would love it if it was extended to most of the act.
Reply Quote
^ this thread looks to have many good ideas.

Events should be the most fun things to do while elite grinding.
Either make events have a chance of"pandomonium" when the game is created

OR

Make them ALL.

I vote ALL
Reply Quote
^ this thread looks to have many good ideas.

Events should be the most fun things to do while elite grinding.
Either make events have a chance of"pandomonium" when the game is created

OR

Make them ALL.

I vote ALL

I made around 10-15 threads about random events :D I'm hoping that eventually, they will decide to focus an entire patch on random events. It deserves one :(
Reply Quote
Bump :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]