Diablo® III

Will Itemization make current gg gear worthless?

Like for example will my Mempo become a Andy? How far do you think they'll push itemization while balancing current gg items?
Reply Quote
I hope they don't go that faaaaar
Reply Quote
I feel like Decent items will become Sub par

Good items will become decent

Really good items will still stay pretty good

and bad items just get even worse,

Oh but you will still be able to kill just as fast

remember it doesnt make your gear worse it makes new gear better
Reply Quote
This is almost inevitable that your current gear will lose "value".

Define "worthless".

I sure hope that improving itemization doesnt just mean making the godliest gear more godly.

time will tell.
Reply Quote
It'll be several hundred dollars worth of end game down the tubes for me. We'll all suffer for the greater good!
Reply Quote
Jesus guys. How much crying are y'all going to do when an xpac comes out, the level cap is raised, and every piece of gear currently in the game becomes obsolete?
Edited by Traveler#1226 on 3/8/2013 9:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
The idea behind the itemization blog was to increase OPTIONS... not make better items than the ones that already exist. Instead of you having just your Mempo as an option... you will have other options that are just as viable as your Mempo. (given various builds and play styles)

Also... drop rates will basically be the same. Items dropping less frequently... but with tighter rolls results in the same amount of "good" items being dropped in games.

It's kind of sad that most people seem to read the blog and got "there will be new items" out of it... because that is not at all what it was saying.
Edited by BannedName#1439 on 3/8/2013 10:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
Not ilvl63 ones per usual. 6% CC mempo will always be a 6% CC mempo..GG
Reply Quote
New items does not necessarily mean "new BiS items".

Unless you already have the best of the BiS, you will eventually find better, if you continue to hunt.

I dont expect "new BiS" items untill the expansion.
Reply Quote
i remember in vanilla diablo 2 a ww barb with rare lance (yes lances had more range) was owning everyone in pvp. Then came the eth botds...
Reply Quote
03/09/2013 02:51 AMPosted by Strzmatt
i remember in vanilla diablo 2 a ww barb with rare lance (yes lances had more range) was owning everyone in pvp. Then came the eth botds...

Huge gap there dude.

BOTD didnt come around until patch 1.10 of LoD expansion!
Reply Quote
Ofc it will, the only way for them to keep getting more and more money from AH is to change items every time people are satisfied with thair gear. It is simple really, consumerism from the real world introduced in a PC game. You must have this brand new mobile phone (read: crossbow) because if you keep your old one you wont be able to stay in touch with possibilities.

They did it from the start if you remember. Blue weapons were really good. "Hey, we don't want that to happen, legenddaries shoud be great and allmighty". Month later: "Hey, we don't want you all to have same items, we will buff rares so you can have more diversity". 2 months later: "Legendaries should feel more legendary so you can be happy when one drops, we will buff them". Now: "oh, everyone has same items, we will add more legendaries and make current one better, so you can have more fun (read: invest more) and/to stay competent.
Reply Quote
View profile
please understand current item lv cap in 63

please understand current patch is 1.07

Once expansion 1, 2, 3.... come item lv cap become 73 83 93 .....

future patch will be 1.10 1.20 1.30

Once there every 63 gody is 0
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 3/9/2013 4:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
I hope it will be like you fear. The game economy has tanked and its basically impossible to find sellable stuff while farming now.

The best thing they could do was to introduce a ladder system. The second best thing was to just add a new level of gear, og buff the stats on future geardrops, so you can find useful stuff again.
Reply Quote
The idea behind the itemization blog was to increase OPTIONS... not make better items than the ones that already exist. Instead of you having just your Mempo as an option... you will have other options that are just as viable as your Mempo. (given various builds and play styles)

Also... drop rates will basically be the same. Items dropping less frequently... but with tighter rolls results in the same amount of "good" items being dropped in games.

It's kind of sad that most people seem to read the blog and got "there will be new items" out of it... because that is not at all what it was saying.

With no offense intended, I believe (as well as hope) you couldn't be more wrong on this one. We're supposed to be getting more options, but I also believe it was made quite clear that the idea was to make rares better as well as revamp legendary items. Hopefully the rares will have a chance at competing with legendaries by way of higher maximum values though. If my bet is good, this will give something of a refresh to the so-called "economy" by leaving previously attained godly items in a spot where while they still give the most "raw" damage potential, the new legendary affixes and itemization improvements at large will send people looking for other items instead in many cases. Lastly though, I'd rather have my gear become obsolete (even though it will still be great) and have newer, more interesting items to look for...longevity and builds and all that. =)
Reply Quote
Like for example will my Mempo become a Andy? How far do you think they'll push itemization while balancing current gg items?

I sure hope so. Would be correct move in the right direction.

It helps no one if only some 1% of the playerbase has access to such items because the rest will simply leave the game. Even Blizzard realized that, otherwise they would not work on itemisation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]