Diablo® III

Will Itemization make current gg gear worthless?

It helps no one if only some 1% of the playerbase has access to such items because the rest will simply leave the game. Even Blizzard realized that, otherwise they would not work on itemisation.

thats the point of playing diablo. become one of the 1%
no one is and never should be entitled to maxed bis. if everyone had those there would be no point in random drops, and no point in playing the game any longer.
you should probably play a different game, most likely carebear mmo like wow.
Reply Quote
Honestly any "Godly" item will still remain Amazing, the difference we should see is more options to pick from so instead of a Mempo being BiS, it will only be BiS under certain situations where an Andy or Storm Crow might be better. This will lead to a lot more diversity and improvements overall for everyone. With more options for Legendaries to pick from, we may start to see specific builds start to appear based on some new combinations of Legendaries that weren't previously possible.

As it stands we also don't know about if an expansion pack will bring a leveling increase or not. In fact there are a few situations Blizzard might be currently deciding between.
-Increase level cap to 70, max ilvl 73
-leave level cap at 60, increase ilvl to 64
-leave items as is, add new item slots

Since we don't know when the Legendary improvements are coming, this is all speculation till there is an actual PTR or official preview.
Reply Quote

It helps no one if only some 1% of the playerbase has access to such items because the rest will simply leave the game. Even Blizzard realized that, otherwise they would not work on itemisation.

thats the point of playing diablo. become one of the 1%
no one is and never should be entitled to maxed bis. if everyone had those there would be no point in random drops, and no point in playing the game any longer.
you should probably play a different game, most likely carebear mmo like wow.

then you probably have not played Diablo 2
Reply Quote
View profile
They will not have to nerf BiS gear in order to have alternatives to the normal BiS gear. All players are wanting is to have alternatives. This way not everyone is wearing Mempos of Twilights, Vile Wards, Lacuni Prowlers, Witching Hours, etc... They want different gear to wear that will give them around the same performance as the BiS gear. That is not asking too much now is it.

I do not think it will be impossible for Blizz to accomplish. More so if they add in a ton of new legendaries and sets to the game, that is if they have the resources to accomplish it before the expansion.
Reply Quote
If it does, Blizz will need to buff current legs so everyone doesn't firesell theirs for the new buffed legs. We are already seeing badly rolled legs selling for next to nothing or becoming brims. I remember when just finding almost any leg was worth millions regardless of the random roll, now you need godly random rolls or it's worthless.
Reply Quote
I think that these patches that completely create new items that make the previous ones obsolette is the second best option short of a league reset to have an item sink.

But that's just me.
Reply Quote
the gear is already worthless because of inflation.

Only new interesting affixes can help, because the current ones are boring.
Reply Quote
Why are people valuing their gear based on what it's worth? Can't you just value it on how it can be used?

Looking at your profile, it looks like you have a lot of room to improve gear on most characters.. most of what you consider worth-worthy, is something you could probably use.
Reply Quote
03/08/2013 07:30 PMPosted by MASKOAA
Like for example will my Mempo become a Andy? How far do you think they'll push itemization while balancing current gg items?

Yes...at least eventually.

Every patch has pushed the bar on what is considered good gear and I don't see the itemization patch being any different. By the time we have the expansion pack, I'd be surprised if anything worn now is considered gg gear.

This isn't to say your 2 bil Mempo is going to be bad. It'll still be good enough to faceroll MP10 content but it just wont be BIS and will in turn probably be worth 50 million in the long run.
Edited by babinro#1836 on 3/9/2013 11:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm hearing a lot of people say that the ilvl will go up I'm next expansion pack? Do people speculate that the lvl 60 cap is going to be raised? Wasn't that's what paragon level are for? Also item level maybe i64-65... Not 73,83,93 that's silly.
Reply Quote
03/09/2013 12:10 PMPosted by Knoland
I'm hearing a lot of people say that the ilvl will go up I'm next expansion pack? Do people speculate that the lvl 60 cap is going to be raised? Wasn't that's what paragon level are for? Also item level maybe i64-65... Not 73,83,93 that's silly.

A lot of people haven't followed the forums since launch.

They just a assume the level cap will increase even though the game doesn't require one and blues have spoken out on it multiple times that it'll never happen.

I'm not saying it's impossible that the level cap will change...just that there's no evidence to support one even in the slightest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]