Diablo® III

Tomb Raider

90 Night Elf Hunter
This is the first time I've played a game in this series and I've discovered that. . .

I suck at it.

*Dies for the umpteenth time in the wolf cave.*
Reply Quote
i'm blazing thru the game, the onyl thing slowing me down is me doing a full LP on it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
03/08/2013 11:37 PMPosted by KradisZ
i'm blazing thru the game, the onyl thing slowing me down is me doing a full LP on it.

I hate you.

*Dies AGAIN in the wolf cave.*
Reply Quote
lol i've played too many games over the years :P i'm going to be doing an LP of SC2:HotS on brutal when it comes out. i play everything starting at hardest :P
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 3/9/2013 12:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
100% completion here. Are you using keyboard or controller? I actually couldn't do the QTEs on the keyboard because mine is a pos that can't handle the rapidly repeated keystrokes so I wind up doing the QTEs on a controller. Luckily the game can instantly swap back and forth between control schemes.

Had to do that in Far Cry 3 as well. I need a new keyboard but I keep putting it of since it works fine for everything else.

Edit: Of course, I'm talking about the PC version. If you're on console the only thing I can say is memorize what needs to be done because it doesn't change.
Edited by Ringo#1617 on 3/9/2013 12:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
100% completion here. Are you using keyboard or controller? I actually couldn't do the QTEs on the keyboard because mine is a pos that can't handle the rapidly repeated keystrokes so I wind up doing the QTEs on a controller. Luckily the game can instantly swap back and forth between control schemes.

Had to do that in Far Cry 3 as well. I need a new keyboard but I keep putting it of since it works fine for everything else.

Edit: Of course, I'm talking about the PC version. If you're on console the only thing I can say is memorize what needs to be done because it doesn't change.

Yeah, I'm on a PC, using a keyboard. I wondered--as I died once more--whether it would be different with a controller.

It seems that the keys aren't really responsive in the wolf cave fight. I'm not getting the follow-up move during the struggle with the wolf most of the time. And on the rare occasion I do get it, it's red, so even though I spam the appropriate key as soon as it pops on the screen, nothing happens and I'm killed.

On the other hand, my keyboard is relatively new--I got it a couple of months ago. It's a standard keyboard, though, not a gaming one. But I've always used a standard keyboard to game with no problem so I don't know if a gaming keyboard would make a difference.

Of course, it could have nothing to do with my keyboard. It could just be me sucking :P
Reply Quote

Yeah, I'm on a PC, using a keyboard. I wondered--as I died once more--whether it would be different with a controller.

It seems that the keys aren't really responsive in the wolf cave fight. I'm not getting the follow-up move during the struggle with the wolf most of the time. And on the rare occasion I do get it, it's red, so even though I spam the appropriate key as soon as it pops on the screen, nothing happens and I'm killed.

On the other hand, my keyboard is relatively new--I got it a couple of months ago. It's a standard keyboard, though, not a gaming one. But I've always used a standard keyboard to game with no problem so I don't know if a gaming keyboard would make a difference.

Of course, it could have nothing to do with my keyboard. It could just be me sucking :P

hope you get to stab that wolf soon with a knife to the gut D:
Reply Quote
Yeah, I'm on a PC, using a keyboard. I wondered--as I died once more--whether it would be different with a controller

It is. The QTEs are pretty forgiving so long as you actually hit the correct key. I can do them on the controller very easily whereas they're pretty hard to pull off on keyboard on normal and impossible (I can't even get past the first QTE) on hard.

I've also read on the steam forums that some people had input lag from having the graphics being turned up high and turning down the graphics solved it.

Borrow a friends wired 360 controller if you don't have one though if you play games on PC you should probably pick one up anyways.
Reply Quote
o.O i'm doing mine all on keyboard and getting thru just fine on hard :O is there a different timing on different difficulty?
Reply Quote
I can't say with 100% certainty, it's just what I've experienced. I could sometimes do QTEs on normal with a keyboard, when I wasn't ready to grab my controller, but couldn't get past the first QTE on hard. I mean the very first left and right spam. I couldn't even get to the button press (never had an issue with that anyway, it's the left/right spam that kills me) and I did try several times.

Of course it might've just be coincidence. They're easy to do on a controller on either difficulty so if you aren't having problems doing them on normal I doubt they'd give you problems on hard. The big difference on hard is enemies staggering you so much with their shots. The damn archers will stagger you and his buddies will riddle you with bullets before you can recover.
Edited by Ringo#1617 on 3/9/2013 2:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
hmm i have no controller to use to test unfortunately especially not xbox cntrller, i have ps3 cntrller but.. hrmmm o.O is it still left and right on controller?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I finally managed to kill that damn wolf, though I had to drop the difficulty down to easy to do it. Even then I died a few times before el lobo feroz bit the dust.

I'll look into getting a controller, but this is the first game I've played that made using a keyboard/mouse feel clumsy and inadequate.

Still, despite the alpha wolves, I am enjoying Tomb Raider. A lot.
Reply Quote
don't get dark souls for PC if you ever plan to, the company that ported it did a !@#$ job of it unless you have a controller, or you know how to mod it to keyboard/mouse (which isn't too hard)
Reply Quote
If your a EVGA Geforce user and have major problems with this game try turning exclusive screen off.The game on ultra would crash every couple of mins until I unchecked that,runs smooth as now.

Enjoying the game so far apart from Lara's awful pants.I want her naked again!
Edited by Bluddflagg#6648 on 3/10/2013 10:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/09/2013 12:30 AMPosted by Ringo
QTEs

The worst part of the game, in my opinion. Tastes vary, but for me, this "Hit a button now or die" stuff completely kills the immersion and flow of the game. I think they do it to make you feel like you have some input into what is essentially a scripted event, but I'd rather they just show me the event. It's far less distracting.
The second worst part is some bits where you can't control the camera angle, so I have to run and jump diagonally without really being able to see what I'm doing.
Other than those two things, the game is awesome.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]