Diablo® III

Any Word On A Future DLC

So far I have enjoyed D3. I like the MP option. The KW (Key Warden) runs were novel for a bit for the go around. What's next ? Any word, or thoughts floating around that may hint of a DLC release for D3. My Interest is waning in the game after 10 months. Not comapring but, even that Dragon game has released a slew of DLC's.
Reply Quote
The term you are looking for is "Addon", not DLC. Blizzard doesn't do DLC nickel-and-diming. Said addon is probably a long way off, considering some of the core concepts don't work all that well currently.
Reply Quote
Honestly I think a lot of players (myself included) would love to see a DLC offered for D3 as long as its worthwhile. I'd like to see something like a new town, quest chain and dungeon at the end of each act, possibly even a location from D2 where we speak to the caravan and travel there instead of the next act.
Reply Quote
Blizzard is usually very slow when it comes to what they may add to their games. They have reasons for this (carefull planning, identity of the game, wary of the ever changing dynamic, ...).
Actually, D3 has been changing ultra fast if you compare it to... well, to every other Blizzard game in the history of forever.

DLC is very unlikely.

Eh. I would say that mods could cover this need for novelty. But since... you know... we will never have them...

It's a shame really. I thought Blizzard was on the right track when they saw all the good that came from add ons on WoW. But I guess they are still very reluctant to dig this "user content" idea.
Reply Quote
I actually wasn't trying to be condescending. Just pointing out that this new business lingo doesn't really apply to Blizzard since, frankly, they couldn't put out content at a DLC-appropriate rate even if they wanted to.
Reply Quote
03/09/2013 12:32 PMPosted by Becks
The term you are looking for is "Addon", not DLC. Blizzard doesn't do DLC nickel-and-diming. Said addon is probably a long way off, considering some of the core concepts don't work all that well currently.

I suppose you think your attempt to be condescending comes off as intelligent ? It doesn't. Clearly you are an Angry Elf. If you are unaware of being condescending..well that is still no exuse. For clarification, The intent of my post was to inquire about an expansion, and add-on, a DLC, another chapter, another waypoint.

i think you're angry bro if that's what you got from his explanation.
Reply Quote
I'd expect the first expansion to arrive in 2015
Reply Quote
03/09/2013 01:41 PMPosted by babinro
I'd expect the first expansion to arrive in 2015

Thats sad, probably to ps3 premium members first aswell

D2 had the LoD expansion and amazing patch 1.09 13 months after release.... the good ole days
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]