Diablo® III

Do You Save the Trapped Guard in Rakkis Crossing?

Or do you keep running, pretending you didn't hear anything?
Reply Quote
I used to save him, then I realized that this game isn't Fable or Infamous or anything else that tracks my choice of action..or inaction. The only thing that matters is that hellspawn die. Besides, if you keep track of your little temporary followers throughout the game...you'll realize that they all die just about no matter what you do. =|
Reply Quote
I'm using SW. Just have to walk past the debris to free him.
Reply Quote
I save him... Leave no man behind!
Reply Quote
03/09/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Legion
this sounds totaly nuts but i go out of my way to save them even though it dont do nuttin for me

Sometimes I feel bad for the little digital man
Reply Quote
Every quest in this game that involves saving someone, always dies 5 seconds later (no benefit story wise) and it'll give about 860 gold and 1250 exp, along with rare drops that dont benefit from magic find so yeah... no point in doing quests in this game
Reply Quote
Better question!

Do you "talk" to the coward soldier in Stone Fort?
Reply Quote
I save him.
It's pretty much the second best event in the game next to Jar of Souls.

I'd say the run is less efficient for doing so but more fun.
A worthy trade-off.
Reply Quote
I just leave him there. It's pretty obvious he's faking it.

Like an guy that actually got smashed to a point where they couldn't get out wouldn't be capable of running at full speed the moment someone gets him out. Not to mention it's like hes on a solo mission in the middle of nowhere, and once he's out he doesn't even have an objective anyways.
Reply Quote
By freeing the trapped guard you're actually killing him. Dude's been there all day trying to get some help, with demons all over the place. The reason he's alive is purely for the entertainment of the demons, whom he is obviously no threat to. But once you free him, he tries to go Chuck Norris, to which the demons simply toss his salad out.
Reply Quote
I save him.

A worthy trade-off.

I was talking about the guy stuck under some debris
Reply Quote
I save him.

A worthy trade-off.

I was talking about the guy stuck under some debris

Ohhhhh!

He can starve ;)
Reply Quote
I always save Crispy he is my favorite NPC in the game. I usually do Rakkis backwards and he always survives the whole thing even if I'm playing upper MP. The only thing that bums me out is when you have Crispy with you and you run into the Sargent and he says "All my lads are dead" and poor Crispy just stands there feeling very sad. I'm sure he is thinking to him self - What about me? I'm still alive. Did I not earn your respect sir? I'll show him! LET'S GO!
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 3/9/2013 3:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Every time i save people, they go and get eaten by demons. theyre better off cowering in fear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]