Diablo® III

Trade chat - Economy is screwed

i wonder if people even realize the max number of people in trade chat is 100, so when you post something its a tiny fraction of all the players.. duhhh
Reply Quote
I cant upgrade my gear anymore. Items are insanely overpriced. I need a 2-socket Manti, but it will cost me at least 300 mil to get a better one. WTF, i can't farm all that gold. CC Nat's Reflection? Forget about it. CC Mempo? OMFG.

I have been doing these two things:

- Paragon lvling at MP2-3, Alkaiser run
- Farming !@#$ty-brim-legs at MP6-7, Raoha run

This is mindless and boring. I'll be back after 1.08 and see if things will get better.
Reply Quote
View profile
Talking in trade chats today, the general consensus is that the economy is royally screwed now. No one is buying and many complaining about not being able to sell.

THese are the same people that complain that it's impossible to get a job, the only way to get rich is to be born that way, etc etc etc. The world is full of whiners that can't do anything that isn't handed to them, D3 is no different.

People are buying tons of stuff on the AH .. I sell stuff every day. You just have to price it to what they are willing to pay. Can't do that ... it's your problem.

ps: prices on rings have gone through the roof. Ditto for some weapons and legendaries. As predicted, all crafting did was consolidate all buyers' gold into the remaining non-crafting slots. Good rings are now 2x-3x the price of pre-patch.
Reply Quote
Buyer's market. Slash until it goes.
Reply Quote
Prices have been falling pretty sharply since the patch. One problem is that without an item sink, the bar for how good gear has to be for it to be in demand is constantly getting higher. Without an influx of new players there's less and less people buying low to mid tier gear, which means those items lose value while high tier items only continue to get more expensive.

This game desperately needed a viable item sink, but I have no idea how they can add one now without pissing off everyone who dual wields credit cards.

There is already an item sink. And you are confused at how the economy works. There were never new players, or entry level players buying mid to entry level gear. When the game first started... the mid-entry level gear was the top gear, the top players were buying it. Then as the game progressed, that top gear gradually became better and better. The low end gear has always been cheap. And still is. But the items that people want are the most expensive. Mid-entry level gear is completely affordable to any one. You can go out and get all that gear you want.

The problem is people trying to sell for ridiculous prices that they will never get. There is not much wrong with the economy. Other than you have to realize that there are bad items and good items. Bad to mid to entry items aren't going to sell for anything. The items people want, the good ones, are going to sell for all the money.

This is the item sink. As players get better and better items... the bar is raised and raised... more items go into the economy and items that were once considered "good" go out of the economy. That is an item sink.
Reply Quote
I cant upgrade my gear anymore. Items are insanely overpriced. I need a 2-socket Manti, but it will cost me at least 300 mil to get a better one. WTF, i can't farm all that gold. CC Nat's Reflection? Forget about it. CC Mempo? OMFG.

This is mindless and boring. I'll be back after 1.08 and see if things will get better.

Nothing will change in 1.08. Random is random. If you aren't getting luck you aren't getting lucky. What do you think will change in 1.08? Less drops and tighter rolls is the same as more drops and loose rolls.
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 12:15 PMPosted by Glock
Nothing will change in 1.08. Random is random. If you aren't getting luck you aren't getting lucky. What do you think will change in 1.08? Less drops and tighter rolls is the same as more drops and loose rolls.

Actually, more things are gonna change. Not only BETTER rolls, but DIFFERENT rolls, according to developer's journal. And i'll be able to find/craft more useful stuff. Let's wait.

"Farm Monsters, Not the Auction House"
Edited by ÜberDouche#1404 on 3/20/2013 12:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote

10k elites killed and you are complaining you can't afford a two socket manticore?. Maybe the problem has never been the economy, but the expectations by some people that they should have everything.
Reply Quote
nothings selling at high prices. keep it cheap and there's buyers.

Hardcore seems particularly fine, only market where lvl 20 items have value.
Reply Quote
10k elites killed and you are complaining you can't afford a two socket manticore?. Maybe the problem has never been the economy, but the expectations by some people that they should have everything.

The point is: the game isn't pleasant anymore when you have to do the same thing over and over until you can find cool gear. And this doesn't happens.

I can prove it by inspecting your toon: i killed only 10k elites and my char is better than yours. So was it worth killing those 50k elite?
Edited by ÜberDouche#1404 on 3/20/2013 1:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/20/2013 12:57 PMPosted by ÜberDouche

The point is: the game isn't pleasant anymore when you have to do the same thing over and over until you can find cool gear. And this doesn't happens.

I can prove it by inspecting your toon: i killed only 10k elites and my char is better than yours. So was it worth killing those 50k elite?

One, your character by any metric (diabloprogress, diablo ladder, etc) is not better than my character (you are using perfectionist to inflate your eHP and I have a stone of jordan and still have a higher unbuffed DPS than you). Two I sell a lot of things on the RMAH. Three I have sold some of my better gear so I can make the transfer to hardcore mode.

The point is you are farming to get better gear. When the farming isn't working out you complain about something Blizzard has already acknowledged is a problem. Blizzard has already stated itemization is going to get a complete makeover. Any complaints about items being boring, itemization, blah blah blah is wasted energy you could maybe spend on hardcore mode where the economy isn't completely inflated or moving onto another game and coming back when the itemization patch hits. If you are going to continue to farm SC. I would suggest using a DH Strafe build, putting D3 in Windowed mode and farm Act 3 MPL0 while watching netflix. :)
Edited by Kadderly#1572 on 3/20/2013 2:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I haven't played in a couple of months, but even then the economy was slowing down.

To be frank, the economy is too vast. Putting things on the market is too easy. Even something that has 1/1,000,000 chance to drop per enemy will drop more than once a day, on average. There are almost always perfect pieces of gear up to buy, etc... Being able to craft better gear than you can possibly find just exacerbates the issue further. As a society we have a rich, thriving economy. As individuals, we don't make much of anything though. Such is the way it's going to be =/.
Reply Quote

One, your character by any metric (diabloprogress, diablo ladder, etc) is not better than my character. Two I sell a lot of things on the RMAH. Three I have sold some of my better gear so I can make the transfer to hardcore mode. And i'll be back after the patch, i said this before, so the whole

Well, not according to d3up. I have a lot more survivability than you. You don't need to explain yourself bro. I'm not bragging.

The point is you are farming to get better gear. When the farming isn't working out you complain about something Blizzard has already acknowledged is a problem. Blizzard has already stated itemization is going to get a complete makeover. Any complaints about items being boring, itemization, blah blah blah is wasted energy you could maybe spend on hardcore mode where the economy isn't completely inflated or moving onto another game and coming back when the itemization patch hits.

This is a thread about economy. I'm just stating my opinion, not whining.
But thanks for the tip, i'm going to create a HC character and try to enjoy the game a lil more.
Reply Quote
Would you buy your trash? No. Why do you expect others will do.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
holy !@#$ this game is still alive?
Reply Quote
the economy situation of diablo 3 is in a serious dire state.

I am unable to sell my hard farmed gold in RMAH......
Reply Quote
HC economy is doing good!
Reply Quote
Two things:

Just leveled a sorc from level 1 to level 60 in four days. I never once visited the AH to buy any gear at all until I hit 60 and died maybe 2 times the entire time and only in act 4 hell. I used all the gear I found the entire time and the game was easy mode. There was no challenge, no need to buy low to mid range gear. Granted this was MP0 but that's beside the point. Blizzard made the game too easy and just killed the low to mid range market. Why waste money on this gear when I can buy far superior gear at 60?

Item sink. The fact that having 5 NV stacks makes 1-2 rares drop every elite pack is absurd. That's sooooooooo many rares entering the market and 95% of them are totally worthless. There needs to be less rares entering the market and a USE for them. Why not bring back a similar D2 crafting system where you need a base item to create a new one? Keep the essence and blah blah blah needed to make items, but make items required to make a new item. Not only that, but use some of the stats off the item used to make the new one or at least have it affect the roll % on that modifier.

Example: You're going for a new dagger with LoH and LS and CC and CD. Whatever.
Find a rare dagger that's ilvl 63 with LS and CC and INT but only 650dps. If you use this to make a new dagger, the % chance that you roll a new crafted dagger with the stats that the original dagger had increases. Now you're adding value to a crappy 650dps rare dagger that had a few good mods on it that someone could sell on the AH and fetch some gold for or use it to try for a new crafted item. Of course crafted items should not be able to be a base for another crafted item. There's your item sink.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcC3cEuXIVI
Reply Quote
HC economy is easily just as bad as softcore
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]