Diablo® III

Trade chat - Economy is screwed

You've all made some good points and some bad points.

However ... I just made a thread the other day about the ridiculous prices on the RMAH. I mean come on ... just look.

$220.00 for a socketed rare sword ... ?

GAH:

$1.2 billion, $850mil for a DECENT rare weapon ... ?

Some of you guys are crazy.

Price your items at a fair price ... the item's will sell and you make some money.

It's a win-win.

For the people that are actually TRYING to use the AH for a source of INCOME are screwing the economy up.
Reply Quote
how do you want to compete selling stuff against people that multiaccount and bots?
Reply Quote
and those people, who price things too expensively, simply dont sell their item RMAH or otherwise...
Reply Quote
03/10/2013 04:14 PMPosted by Chromium
and those people, who price things too expensively, simply dont sell their item RMAH or otherwise...

Agreed.
Reply Quote
03/10/2013 04:13 PMPosted by Alex
how do you want to compete selling stuff against people that multiaccount and bots?

I totally understand your point, and yes ... it's a problem as well, that needs to be addressed.
Reply Quote
This game needs a forced item sink. No matter how many avenues to acquire gear and legendary updates we get the economy will stagnate. Having all gear last one month, ladder resets, or randomly losing a piece upon death could alleviate it.
Reply Quote
Just bought my Skorn for 550m.
Reply Quote
03/10/2013 05:27 PMPosted by Wtflag

After trying to sell mine for $9mill ... I gave it to my follower to use. =)
Edited by Baraka#1923 on 3/10/2013 5:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
my crap is still selling just fine©
Reply Quote
03/10/2013 05:36 PMPosted by Baraka

After trying to sell mine for $9mill ... I gave it to my follower to use. =)

You can't really sell Skorn's without LS for big bucks.

The only exception is 1400+ DPS and 500 ish Str, 300 ish Vit with 180+ CD.
Reply Quote
Talking in trade chats today, the general consensus is that the economy is royally screwed now. No one is buying and many complaining about not being able to sell.

I've been hearing this since July or August of 2012.

"The game is DEAD"
"No one is online"
"Friends list is empty"
"Can't even sell X for 10k! LOL!"
"No one is buying"

I see no proof of why the game is dying today versus the previous 100 claims.
If people aren't buying its because the prices are too high.
The economy changes over time and players are slow to adjust their prices, it's just that simple.
Reply Quote
ile
Talking in trade chats today, the general consensus is that the economy is royally screwed now. No one is buying and many complaining about not being able to sell.

I've been hearing this since July or August of 2012.

"The game is DEAD"
"No one is online"
"Friends list is empty"
"Can't even sell X for 10k! LOL!"
"No one is buying"

I see no proof of why the game is dying today versus the previous 100 claims.
If people aren't buying its because the prices are too high.
The economy changes over time and players are slow to adjust their prices, it's just that simple.

I agree 100%.
Reply Quote
Im selling stuff just fine since I price stuff to move fast. If speculators are buying my stuff, good for them. I didnt buy the game to list stuff in the ah over and over again.
Reply Quote
It's as if many of you forget that D2 lasted a very long time without ladder. Do you honestly believe that the economy on softcore on D2 wasn't saturated to all hell for a long time? The difference is that game was better overall for a variety of reasons that have been discussed and beat to death.

Name me the grand item sink on YEARS of D2 before ladder was introduced? Oh you can't because there wasn't. Drop your prices to go with the saturated market that is UNAVOIDABLE.
Edited by Utukka#1683 on 3/10/2013 6:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Stop being greedy hogs and bring your prices way down. Solve the problem you created for yourselves.
Reply Quote
IMO, items still moving, just the price issue, give and take only.
Example my old good DML bought at 60 mil 6 months ago, and sold recently at 5 mil only.
Why I take the lost? All used to good items are flooded in AH, all price at 1-5 mil.

If u think taking lost is pain, you have to decide to keep until drop to vendor price, or just sell it cheap to benefit other character who are new or really need it as their upgrade.

At the plus side, I sold a lot of rare weapons (axe, mace, mighty sword, sword) at 50-150 mil, from lucky picks, or either buy and test 1 hr of play and resell it back.
I did buy weapon at 20 mil and feel not suit the character and resell it back at 150 mil, and it sold in 2 hrs. I think the previous seller is either price wrongly or just need fast gold like what I do always.

I will always gain back even more, after lost a few 100 mil of golds.
Anyway it's just game, enjoy it by testing different builds/weapons, buy and sell, you will get surprise always, :)
Reply Quote
It's as if many of you forget that D2 lasted a very long time without ladder. Do you honestly believe that the economy on softcore on D2 wasn't saturated to all hell for a long time? The difference is that game was better overall for a variety of reasons that have been discussed and beat to death.

Name me the grand item sink on YEARS of D2 before ladder was introduced? Oh you can't because there wasn't. Drop your prices to go with the saturated market that is UNAVOIDABLE.

Multiple accounts with multiple characters of the same class, the items actually had somewhere to go. D3 forces you into ONE character per class per SC and HC. The items have NOWHERE to go.

You can't honestly believe you will remove the need/want to play multiple styles of one class and not have anywhere to put all the excess loot...

Look at the crafting for D2. It itself was a form of item sink.

I prolly had 40ish PvM and another 10 PvP characters all on HC. 0 softcore. You reach a point eventually where you just have extra gear and I imagine I played far and above the average person. In softcore, as soon as you hit your number of characters played and have them geared, the market starts to stagnate. In D2, for 40ish characters on hardcore, I kept about 3 sets of low leveling gear and the only reason I kept 3 sets was just in case a character happened to die, beyond that, it was sell for gold or not even pick up. I'll agree they should expand the character count but that will not miraculously save the softcore economy. There's much more issue than just being able to make a few more characters. (Which it seems a large majority of D3 players on SC wouldn't even make more than 1 of each class anyways which points to several bigger issues)
Edited by Utukka#1683 on 3/10/2013 7:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's true, this game needs an item sink. The HC economy is not nearly as screwed up as the SC economy, because there's an item sink in HC.

I can think of two solutions:

1) Ladder Resets (this is the best one IMO)

2) Make all items Ethereal (cannot be repaired). At least make the best ones ethereal, and give them 10x the durability or something. Also, remove the means for making them indestructible (remove it as an affix roll, and no Zod rune).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]