Diablo® III

legendary items.

hi, i posted this in the incorrect forum before so i will try the au/nz forum. im playng inferno level and only once in the whole 3 lead up levels have i got a legendary item. i get heaps of rare stuff, mostly useless as it is for other characters, but never any legendary ones, am i doing something wrong? im starting to die now as i dont think my current equipment is good enough, cheers.
Reply Quote
you can improve your chances of getting legendaries by maximising your magic find through gear, follower and paragon levels, to help you die less you should seriously upgrade your gear, and unless you're playing intentionally with found only gear I'd recommend you visit the Auction House and spend some gold. you can get gear for mid MP levels for a few hundred thousand gold if you know what to look for.

if you don't have enough gold there are plenty of ways to get it, I've made a couple of guides:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdm6z8f59XM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs-Ge0Rb-l8

Good luck!
Reply Quote
To add to b4rm4ley's post, no matter how much Magic Find you have or how many enemies you clear, RNG will be RNG. You could get absolutely zero drops for a whole week or just roll around in legendaries for a straight hour. It's all random.
Reply Quote
The faster you can kill, the more chances you can get off a drop.
MF will only increase the chance to roll better affixes.

in terms of your char, start increasing your crit chance stat, to up that dps.
Infact, add me. I got some stuff to give you.
Weegee#6520

I was going to get my barb to 60, but i cant be bothered anymore.
Reply Quote
Thanks weegee, looks like i will have to soldier on. i have never used the auction house so maybe i will investigate that, although it scares me a little. all of my equipment has been found, yes, as all the stuff to forge is worse thsan the stuff i find. weegee , how do i add you, cheers mate.
Reply Quote
Ok i will add you when I get back from work today... (6hrs from now)
you'll see a friends request at the bottom right, click accept when the request comes through.

As for the AH, yes you can go in there, but it pays to know what you are looking for first. I'm assuming your experience on gearing is quite low, so I can run it through with you in-game.
Reply Quote
Great help, enjoy work, labouur day here. cheers mate
Reply Quote
03/10/2013 04:19 PMPosted by dalla
To add to b4rm4ley's post, no matter how much Magic Find you have or how many enemies you clear, RNG will be RNG. You could get absolutely zero drops for a whole week or just roll around in legendaries for a straight hour. It's all random.

I don't think RNG plays a part in the drop rate, RNG is mostly in the "Roll" of the item. In fact, IIRC the pack has already been pre-determined to drop a certain item(s). The magic find increeses the chance of that item being a Blue/Rare/ or legendary. The game has a calculation of what packs drop and how much MF gear you have on. Just to back up b4rm4ly, as far as magic find on your follower, you get 1/5 magic find to what your follower's gear is. So, for exapmle if your follower has 75% MF on their gear you get an extra 15% MF. I would suggest just lvling your toon and getting a better Paragon Level. If you're die alot already Magic find gear will only increese this problem. I would say trick out your follower out with some MF gear, that with a 5 stack of NV gives you 75% plus 1/5 the % your follower has. This is subastancial enough to start out with.

Magic Find is tricky, and a great stat, but I find the more Paragons I go up, the more drops I get. So i would say to just keep grinding act 3 to get you Plvl up and before you know it, you'll have drops comming out your ears mate. GL.

PS if you need some gear I might be able to help out, I have some extra gear you could have a look at, just add me in game: troubleshoot#6790
Edited by Troubleshoot#6790 on 3/10/2013 5:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Awesome troubleshoot, thanks for your time. i will try to add you, remembering i have nevr done it. i never thought i would get frustrated with this game , but all this help is fantastic, thanks so much.
Reply Quote
03/10/2013 05:11 PMPosted by panda
Awesome troubleshoot, thanks for your time. i will try to add you, remembering i have nevr done it. i never thought i would get frustrated with this game , but all this help is fantastic, thanks so much.

All good mate that's why we're here. This forum helped me heaps, when I first started the game on launch, but I have learned alot just by reading post from others. You can say I have learned from their mistakes.
Reply Quote
I dont know what it is lately. Every time I post a of couple of things, some of the posts disappear. Damn.

I posted in here about half hour ago Panda, but it disappeared. I may have some stuff for you too, and I certainly have a ring thats better than yours. Please add me in game, Septimus#6445, or I will add you, whichever happens first.

I run with friends most of the time, so dont have a lot of spare time, but I certainly will make time to pop into your game with some stuff from time to time.
Reply Quote
Amazing help Septimus, the whole game has changed for me now. I wish i could help back but i know some things arent possible. Made my day, thanks.
Reply Quote
Hi Panda
Another offer of help here. I'll add you then all you need to do is accept the friend request. I can run with you on higher MP levels than you are used to thereby improving drops. If I find anything for a Barbarian I can throw it your way. I am sometimes otherwise engaged (running with others etc) but I'm sure we can get together and get you some better gear.
Reply Quote
I'm surprised you were even able to get as far with Inferno mode as you have, with that current equipment.

Your DPS is the issue - 19k dps is far too low. At this level you should be at least 30k dps.

Go looking for items that:

increase critical chance
increase critical damage

and anything that increases attack speed too if possible, is a bonus.

Also, looking at most of your items, they're not really geared to push a barb's DPS. Strength is your primary stat, you really need to buff that majorly - 1266 strength bonus is far too low. Look at my wizard char to get an idea of what you should be aiming for. Yes, I raided the RMAH to get the gear on my wiz character, there was buckleys chance of ever finding that in game (the game's loot is deliberately broken by Blizzard imho to entice/encourage players to use the ah/rmah).

You don't need AC of 5600, so you can sacrifice a bit of that imho, and the same with hit points - 59k is a bit overkill.

I haven't played a barb, so I don't know anything about the skills you're using, I'd suggest looking at www.diableprogress.com to see what the top barb players are using for their skills.

Dave

PS I'll try and add you as a friend in game during the next few days if you want and we can act 1 farm inferno a bit.

03/10/2013 04:00 PMPosted by panda
hi, i posted this in the incorrect forum before so i will try the au/nz forum. im playng inferno level and only once in the whole 3 lead up levels have i got a legendary item. i get heaps of rare stuff, mostly useless as it is for other characters, but never any legendary ones, am i doing something wrong? im starting to die now as i dont think my current equipment is good enough, cheers.
Reply Quote
Thanks for that, im suprised that my equipment is not better, some kind folks greatly upgraded the stuff i have now, you should have seen it before. Now i am basically walking through inferno, well act 2 anyway. still heaps to learn for me but i dont think i will try the rmah, im not that keen to progress so quickly yet. thanks for your time mate,
Reply Quote
Panda, im not much higher lvl than u. add me in game and ill give u a few bits and bobs and do a couple of runs with u if u are keen :)
Reply Quote
Hey panda,
I gave you stuff a few days ago, yet you aren't wearing it.. what's up man?
Also it might help if you actually say something in game too.
Reply Quote
Nope this game is flawed and blizzard does not care, they took your money and ran. Just use the auction house, buy the same pieces of armour everyone is using. Prices range from 1.5 million to 50 million. You have opened a can of blizzard worms my friend. Keep farming, hopefully they will fix items and make fun and exciting mixes for us to look forward too.....pfft...
Reply Quote
Weegee, i keep asking questions and saying hello in game but no one ever replies. im too afraid to interrupt the really high players so i may be doing the wroing thing as usual. not sure about the bits, i guess some were not as good as others although i swap them all the time to find the right balance. im very grateful for your help, you were the first to offer so i hope i havent offended you or anyone else with my lack of experience, at least compared to yuo guys, cheers mate.
Reply Quote
BTW, i finally get a legendary item random drop and is a "gibbering gemstone"? seems useless, does anyone know what it is? cheers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]