Diablo® III

What will 1.08 bring?

After I read the blog I was kind of under the impression that 1.08 would be the itemization update. Now, I have seen a couple of threads stating 1.08 will not address itemization.

I saw that they will work on improving multiplayer somehow. Is improving multiplayer pretty much going to be the focus of 1.08, or is it possible we will see other changes as well? Or do we not really know yet?
Reply Quote
It appears I will remain in the shadows until this game and it's developers bring me some worthwhile content...
Reply Quote
Itemization will be implemented in 1.0.9.

Next patch will have indentify all button and mass crafting button for items and jewels and some monster density changes.
Reply Quote
No doubt patch 1.0.8 will be bringing some really good changes. But the itemization is for 1.0.9 and beyond. I can understand why they did not want to start making those changes now. They really want to fix itemization and do it right. So the only thing that is left at best is to tweak a few numbers that might need a little tweaking after the changes hit.

Also they knew that they had to come clean and ask for our help in the form of player feedback. They know that they missed the target as far as itemization is concerned. They want to do better, so that is why they told us what they are thinking about and then taking in all of that player feedback to get some really awesome ideas so they can make the right changes to itemization. Where we have more than one right answer as far as gearing up our characters. Where all classes are not wearing the same gear.

I also expect this patch to have a little bit more than what we have been already told. I expect the possibility of having a few more class changes that might be needed in order to lay the foundation for some of the itemization changes coming in patch 1.0.9 and beyond.
Reply Quote
Well, I sure hope more stash space comes with the itemisation changes. I like having a collection of unique weapons for different play styles and, well, my stash is quite full... as are my 5 mules.
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 04:05 AMPosted by prankmaster
some monster density changes.

That would be really awesome :)

03/12/2013 04:58 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
I can understand why they did not want to start making those changes now. They really want to fix itemization and do it right.

ShadowAegis you are probably right on the money. It would make sense to really come up with a solid plan before committing to any actual development for something so complex as itemization.

Forgive my ignorance, but is there like a '1.08' blog out anywhere? I realize 1.07 just came out, but just would be curious to read any preliminary info.

Thx for responding folks
Edited by Zero#1222 on 3/12/2013 5:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 05:15 AMPosted by Zero
some monster density changes.

That would be really awesome :)

I can understand why they did not want to start making those changes now. They really want to fix itemization and do it right.

ShadowAegis you are probably right on the money. It would make sense to really come up with a solid plan before committing to any actual development for something so complex as itemization.

Forgive my ignorance, but is there like a '1.08' blog out anywhere? I realize 1.07 just came out, but just would be curious to read any preliminary info.

Thx for responding folks

No official blog on patch 1.0.8, the only thing I know about it is what Wyatt and Travis Day said about the patch. That is the following.

Mob density changes for inferno only
Identify all feature
AH tool tip compare where you can compare the gear you are wearing with the gear you are intending on buying without having to link it. In order to see if it is really an upgrade.
Multi craft feature where you can craft more than one of the same item. So if you wanted to craft 20 of the new shoulders you will be able to tell the blacksmith to do that without clicking the craft button 20x.

That is all that I know of, but you no doubt know that already as well.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The content details for patch 1.0.8 have not been finalized yet, and we will be sure to let everyone know what’s going on as soon as it is. In the meantime, here is a brief summary from Travis Day links regarding what we are hoping to have in patch 1.0.8, and here is a link from Wyatt Cheng on co-op.
Edited by Grimiku on 3/13/2013 5:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hopefully Idenfy all, item lock and new concept about the "big brother is watching ingame profil" friend/stranger-list
And a good chat (or even better guild) system
However I just hope for anything atm
Reply Quote
Considering the new crafting options and materials required, how about adding a "Salvage All' option with Patch 1.0.8?

If anybody is worried about unintentionally salvaging items, there is a simple way to avoid doing so. Go the Blacksmith and 'Identify All', look at the items, throw anything we want to keep on the ground, 'Salvage All', and pick up the item(s) thrown to the ground.
Reply Quote
Itemization will be implemented in 1.0.9.

Next patch will have indentify all button and mass crafting button for items and jewels and some monster density changes.

No where does it say the itemization changes will be in 1.09. It's misinformation like this that spreads like wildfire and forces Blizzard to waste time on responding to posts like this.

The itemization updates probably won't happen until the fall.
Reply Quote
Unfortunately, until itemization is patched (read: fixed), playing the game feels like a waste of time.
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Grimiku
The content details for patch 1.0.8 have not been finalized yet, and we will be sure to let everyone know what’s going on as soon as it is. In the meantime, [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8087879561?page=4#76"]here [/url]is a brief summary from Travis Day links regarding what we are hoping to have in patch 1.0.8, and here is a [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8088199933#5"]link [/url]from Wyatt Cheng on co-op.

Any reason why its taking so long? And more importantly how long will the wait be before the Itemisation patch. The one we are actually truly interested in.

You should have done the itemisation as the priority actually, then worried about the rest.
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 3/13/2013 5:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You dont like buying 2012 model cars right before they get marked down from the 2013 models rolling in?

I can relate to that.
Reply Quote
No where does it say the itemization changes will be in 1.09. It's misinformation like this that spreads like wildfire and forces Blizzard to waste time on responding to posts like this.

The itemization updates probably won't happen until the fall.

This. Travis was QUITE clear in last weeks blog that the things the mentioned were long terms goals in line more with their overall itemization philosophy, not specific changes coming within the next few patches.

Fall might be a bit of a stretch as to when we'll start seeing them though, my guess would be sometime around mid summer.

03/13/2013 05:11 PMPosted by MonTerran
If anybody is worried about unintentionally salvaging items, there is a simple way to avoid doing so. Go the Blacksmith and 'Identify All', look at the items, throw anything we want to keep on the ground, 'Salvage All', and pick up the item(s) thrown to the ground.

Also this. I do this all the time (or did, I haven't been able to play in a few weeks) when I come back to town with a pack full of rares. Anything I'm interested in keeping goes on the ground or to a far corner of my inventory, so I can mass vendor without worry of accidentally selling something I want to keep. Additionally, on the off chance that I do accidentally sell something I had moved to a corner, it's always one of the last things sold and easily recoverable. Highly recommended strategy.
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 05:11 PMPosted by MonTerran

Imagine having a server DC whilst all your items you want to keep are on the ground......
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Aphraell

Imagine having a server DC whilst all your items you want to keep are on the ground......

You must get a lot more than I do. Regardless of the changes that may be coming in terms of the number/quality of rares dropped, the odds of a disconnection happening would still be worth the salvaging time saved.
Reply Quote

This was my very first thought too as I get the most random DCs like out of the blue..
Edited by SilentScream#1960 on 3/13/2013 5:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 05:40 PMPosted by SilentScream
This was my very first thought too as I get the most random DCs like out of the blue..

Have you ever stubbed your toe while walking? Do you still walk?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]