Diablo® III

What will 1.08 bring?

How about more conversations between your hero and the followers?? I would love to hear more, call up those voice actors!!!
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Aphraell
Imagine having a server DC whilst all your items you want to keep are on the ground......

Then put what you want to keep in your stash.
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 05:50 PMPosted by Spacemagic
How about more conversations between your hero and the followers?? I would love to hear more, call up those voice actors!!!

Especially the Enchantress, I'd love to hear more crackling dialogue from that ebullient character.
Reply Quote
Considering the new crafting options and materials required, how about adding a "Salvage All' option with Patch 1.0.8?

If anybody is worried about unintentionally salvaging items, there is a simple way to avoid doing so. Go the Blacksmith and 'Identify All', look at the items, throw anything we want to keep on the ground, 'Salvage All', and pick up the item(s) thrown to the ground.

a better option would be making the salvage box bigger, maybe as big as our inventory. When the salvage window is open, we right click the item we want to salvage, maybe a few, or maybe all, then we click the salvage button. And we're done.
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 06:09 PMPosted by cdkey
When the salvage window is open, we right click the item we want to salvage, maybe a few, or maybe all, then we click the salvage button. And we're done.

Now I know who stole my thinking cap!
Reply Quote
No where does it say the itemization changes will be in 1.09. It's misinformation like this that spreads like wildfire and forces Blizzard to waste time on responding to posts like this.

The itemization updates probably won't happen until the fall.

Fall might be a bit of a stretch as to when we'll start seeing them though, my guess would be sometime around mid summer.

Summer would be nice, but I'd hate to be overly optimistic, only to deal with delays.
Reply Quote
Considering the new crafting options and materials required, how about adding a "Salvage All' option with Patch 1.0.8?

If anybody is worried about unintentionally salvaging items, there is a simple way to avoid doing so. Go the Blacksmith and 'Identify All', look at the items, throw anything we want to keep on the ground, 'Salvage All', and pick up the item(s) thrown to the ground.

Better yet, why not utilize all that bare real estate on the salvage tab of the blacksmith. Simply place the items you want to salvage in that tab and a single click of the Salvage button breaks them all down in one go. That way you could actually use the feature in a public game without fear of someone grabbing your items and running.
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 07:56 PMPosted by DragonSyn
Simply place the items you want to salvage in that tab and a single click of the Salvage button breaks them all down in one go.

Agreed, cdkey suggested something similar to that.

Seems like we've got an idea here, what sayest thou developers?

Edit: Grammar
Edited by MonTerran#1251 on 3/13/2013 8:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 05:12 PMPosted by MattK
No where does it say the itemization changes will be in 1.09. It's misinformation like this that spreads like wildfire and forces Blizzard to waste time on responding to posts like this.

but a blue did say that itemisation will come in most likely 1.0.9 because of how much work they will have to do, in that same post they said that 1.0,8 they want to focus on makeing co-op a better experience so ppl can spend less time in town and more time killing stuff, so as stated in other posts, identify all, mass crating
Reply Quote
I think its a travesty if 1.08 takes longer than a month to release. Seems like a small patch, it's not the patch everyone is looking forward to, despite some good changes.
Reply Quote
Dude just release the IDENTIFY ALL thing in an early hotfix, because that to me is all that matters.
Reply Quote
Where's the monsterpower? Can't find it in public games to switch between mp 0-10
Reply Quote
Wouldn't mind to see new items above i63 like i64-i66 that would drop from new kind of monsters or only from elites at MP 5-10. New i66 weapons could have a max of 2.5 - 3k dmg and a base of 600-800 and armor could exceed 1k easily.

New events granting better rewards than just EXP and Gold in inferno or a reward that would be either a BiS bound on account legendary or a BiS rare item for reaching 100 PL...

Would be cool if we could customize our crafted items for example add IAS, CD, CC or %Exp, Socket for all items for a descent price like 1m or 2m each or remove what we don't like...

Merchants in inferno could also have a chance to sell i61-i63 1k and above magic weapons or some descent armor, cause honestly no one picks up blues anyways...

Unfortunately I don't think any of these ideas will ever happen in D3.
Edited by xKosciejx#2985 on 3/14/2013 7:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i have zero faith that blizzard's d3 dev team will make the true itemization changes need for even 5% of players that quit to return :P

i am totally convinced that the changes they do make will somehow reverse their work from an earlier patch..

1.0.8 will still fail.. just in a different way to how it fails now or failed in all of its previous patches..

gg bliz boa ftw.. thought with jw gone you would get you !@#$ together. lol most amazing fail dev team ever!
Edited by juniorRC#2189 on 3/14/2013 7:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Better yet, why not utilize all that bare real estate on the salvage tab of the blacksmith. Simply place the items you want to salvage in that tab and a single click of the Salvage button breaks them all down in one go. That way you could actually use the feature in a public game without fear of someone grabbing your items and running.

I can see all the threads now:

HELP!!! I accidentally salvaged my 2b ring, 2b chest, and 1.5b gloves because of the stupid salvage all they put into the blacksmith salvage tab and blizzard won't help me get them back!!!

Yeppers, I can see it now.
Reply Quote
can see all the threads now:

HELP!!! I accidentally salvaged my 2b ring, 2b chest, and 1.5b gloves because of the stupid salvage all they put into the blacksmith salvage tab and blizzard won't help me get them back!!!

Does that mean the option shouldn't be available for those competent enough not to do so?
Reply Quote
I'm hoping to see an actual PvP update...Not the current broken PvP they released that was half-finished. I wanna see new content. Hopefully patch 1.1 will bring some new location or content, maybe an extension of Act IV pertaining to the Blackstone. What I want to see:

1. More development on the companions and into their stories. Content and quests added that actually take you to...say Kingsport to free Lyndon's brother, but you discover the Thieves' Guild got to him first. That they're after "revenge" for Lyndon's betrayal from the Guild when you first meet him in Act I. While you're hunting them down, you finally corner them, and in a struggle with the Guild in attempt to free the brother, Lyndon accidentally kills his own brother. This continues to fold out to develop character for Lyndon.
---For Kormac, the Templar, you go after the Order to bring to light their lies and manipulation. During such, the Order manages to kidnap Kormac from you and you have to find him yourself and run into Kormac who is alone, and was broken back to the drone that he was and attacks you, but you don't save him and are forced to kill him, and exact revenge on the Order and bring them to justice, during such you discover Kormac has a son/daughter who chooses to join you in your quests.
--Now the enchantress Eirena, but this pertains to the Archangel of Wisdom and your hunt to find him. While hunting him down and as you get closer to discovering the Archangel of Wisdom, Imperius interrupts and begins to dissuade you from doing so (this also ties more into Imperius' break in his sanity and further descent into madness), near the end when you discover Malthael was imprisoned by Imperius shortly after the destruction of the Worldstone, and during which you discover this was done by Imperius as a power grab to hold more control over the Angiris Council. Imperius goes berserk because he knows his position will be compromised if you escape alive, and you nearly don't and Imperius is about to kill you, Eirena, and Malthael when Tyrael steps at the last moment and runs his sword through Imperius' chest from behind, the Archangel of Valor collapses and the cavern (lets say it's the same cavern where you kill Baal from Diablo 2 LoD, where the worldstone is) begins to collapse and everyone escapes, believing Imperius to be dead.

2. A better PvP system. Because we all know the current PvP system is...crap. At least a game mode accessible from the menu that takes you to a battleground queue with the options for ranked party, unranked party, ranked free-for-all, unranked free-for-all, and then the option of "world pvp," which is just the story of Act I to Act IV that's always open to public and pvp-permanant.

3. Ranked challenges. These can be highscore related to how many you kill, least deaths, time trial, etc.

A few cents from me.
Reply Quote
can see all the threads now:

Does that mean the option shouldn't be available for those competent enough not to do so?

Or the option be rather "Click to select, then click to salvage." So you have everything you want preselected and get prompted "Are you sure you want to salvage item(s)?"
Reply Quote
What will 1.08 bring?

Blizzard Santa will bring us gamers lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of new legendary goodies :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]