Diablo® III

an unexpected error occurred while tyring to install

How long i must wait.....can`t sleep......2.00 am now!!!
Reply Quote
I got it when a try in login....error..

"A new patch is available. the game will now close and apply the patch."

Game closes, but nothing happens and when I try to login again I get the same error.
Reply Quote
http://i.imgur.com/V6Pq0Vl.png

That is what happens, I have tried deleting battle.net folder in program data, didn't help, have also launched D3 at least 10 times, always same message.
Reply Quote
Apologies for the slow response. We're already looking into this, but may need additional information.

To start, can you guys confirm if the error is popping up after hitting Play or is the error coming up in game?

If possible, post a screenshot of the error.

Pops up after launcher sits at "initializing" for 60-120 seconds. Dont get a chance to hit "play".

Screen shot is the same as the others posted.

United States - Playing on the US server.
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 10:47 AMPosted by foong
lol @ najib... he seem to be at fault in everything.

YEA , everything is about NAJIB fault , knn him ~
Reply Quote
Philippines too~ same problem, tried everything on the troubleshoot, tech support etc.. still can't launch my game :(
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 10:51 AMPosted by PATCERV
Philippines too~ same problem, tried everything on the troubleshoot, tech support etc.. still can't launch my game :(

its Najib fault ~
Reply Quote
goodness, itching to play an awesome game after a new patch.. but sadly, I think, my fellow Asians, we are being discriminated. We have the right to play on US region and US server is up and running now, why do we have to face this problem of "unexpected error while trying to install" obviously from my profile, im no longer trying to install the game since i have been playing for months now. and a new patch comes along, and this happens. IT IS VERY VERY IRRITATING!
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 10:45 AMPosted by SinTOR
printscreen http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/885367_4499963172859_1537702528_o.jpg

Yes, all of us on enSG same issue.

Tried to uninstall and install from dvd and the greenish progression bar got stuck at halfway update popup window. To rely on patching before being able to install is different from what should be the right way, install and then patch.

Went to download blizzard's latest battle.net.zip and this time, the popup managed to move the green ish progression bar to the end and went to the install popup. Selected install and before i could do anything, the same error message popsup

This is the same everyone received.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5599/blizzardscrewusensgplay.jpg
Edited by Rapture#6166 on 3/12/2013 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
same thing happen...dam
Reply Quote
If we have US client and US server has already finished the maintenance, and we ONLY play region "THE AMERIKAS" then there should not be any reason as to why we can't download the patch! I have uninstalled diablo 3 and even ehn i try to install it via my dvd from when i bought the game, same error happens. I also downloaded the "DIGITAL" game installer and still the same error occurs! This is frustrating Blizzard!
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Thanks all. The information has been forwarded and we're working on it. I'll provide another update once I know more.

As always, please keep the discussion on topic.
Reply Quote
It's fixed.
Reply Quote
hey Najib , may I know how long approx we have to wait ? If it's going to take like afew hour , i might better go for a sleep now. If it's just take like a few min, I might go to grab Rosmah picture and wank first .
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 10:52 AMPosted by supereng
its Najib fault ~

Sorry, I don't know if it's a JOKE or its SERIOUS but I thought Najib was a Malaysian word for some kind of FOOD but all i saw was the Prime Minister on google (LOL) I'm a noob at current events i suck Q_Q ...I think the servers that support Starcraft really are "swarming" on our Diablo time. T_T
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 11:03 AMPosted by e1D
It's fixed.

thanks, you seem to know more about this technical stuff than any of the blues do
Reply Quote
it's patching now! yay!
Reply Quote
It's fixed.

Not for me
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 11:05 AMPosted by PATCERV
its Najib fault ~

Sorry, I don't know if it's a JOKE or its SERIOUS but I thought Najib was a Malaysian word for some kind of FOOD but all i saw was the Prime Minister on google (LOL) I'm a noob at current events i suck Q_Q ...I think the servers that support Starcraft really are "swarming" on our Diablo time. T_T

LOL , yeap, he is a Prm Mnister of Mas . hahahahahah , he is suk anyway.
Reply Quote
It's fixed.

Update on my side.

After initially uninstalling, and being unable to install.

Now it no longer has error message and am installing and it downloads, slow thou at 4%
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]