Diablo® III

High dps glasscanon RAMPAGE

looks liek each setup does something for the "party".
did you two theorycraft on each others build?

id love to join you guys some time =)
Reply Quote
I dont have nearly the dps but i do something similar with a legacy nats set. I've noticed that with certain specs I can farm mp10 pretty easily with a spike trap/legacy nats set. I only have like 35k hps and ~ 300k dps but when you can spam the hell outta your defenses its pretty efficient! Keep up the great work guys!
Reply Quote

That's not a bad idea.. we should get a 4 man DH team together and wreck things.
Reply Quote

Actually DiEoxidE found me from the video i put on youtube. We discovered that our play style is really similar but our builds are different thats why it works really well as a team!

Add us in game we will enjoy playing with you

03/12/2013 04:30 PMPosted by DonnyCage
That's not a bad idea.. we should get a 4 man DH team together and wreck things

Add us too ;)
Reply Quote
Just wanted to thank the OP again (I note the previous thread was deleted), I got time to watch the video and was very impressed :)

I would much rather play in this fashion then try and facetank, so it's nice to see someone post a video demonstrating that this style of play is actually achievable in MP10, as usually when searching the DH forums you get bombarded with builds centered around facetanking at high MPs. I understand that this is quite efficient (simply due to the current state of itemisation and DH nerfs etc), but the costs seem (to me) fairly astronomical in comparison.

Cheers Flight and DiEoxidE,

Silver
Reply Quote
Just wanted to thank the OP again (I note the previous thread was deleted), I got time to watch the video and was very impressed :)

I would much rather play in this fashion then try and facetank, so it's nice to see someone post a video demonstrating that this style of play is actually achievable in MP10, as usually when searching the DH forums you get bombarded with builds centered around facetanking at high MPs. I understand that this is quite efficient (simply due to the current state of itemisation and DH nerfs etc), but the costs seem (to me) fairly astronomical in comparison.

Cheers Flight and DiEoxidE,

Silver

I'm glad you completely understand our mind set. Come join us!
Reply Quote
Still would love for you guys to join me in HC :)
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 11:36 PMPosted by ActionKungfu
+1, but I'd be happy to pull aggro and tank for you guys in SC.
Reply Quote

I guess you're a tank DH and I don't doubt you can... But I've been refining my tank DH since June of last year. I think my stats more reflect a tank like build.. And my build also does 996% eDPS as well.

By the way, I remember when stutter stepping was almost a necessity back in pre-1.0.3 Inferno. Brings back some nostalgic memories.. Haha. Nice skills with your steps.
Edited by Xenophis#1434 on 3/13/2013 6:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks!! and if some ppl want to play with us just add :)
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 06:17 AMPosted by Xenophis

I guess you're a tank DH and I don't doubt you can... But I've been refining my tank DH since June of last year. I think my stats more reflect a tank like build.. And my build also does 996% eDPS as well.

By the way, I remember when stutter stepping was almost a necessity back in pre-1.0.3 Inferno. Brings back some nostalgic memories.. Haha. Nice skills with your steps.
Yea, you definitely are tankier stat-wise, but don't discount what Legacy Nats has to offer despite being "gimped" in max stat rolls. Looks like we've both been at DH tank since around the same time, but never did the stutter stepping and never did fully recover from the 1.04 caltrops nerf.

That said I'm more set up in my profile for running with CM wizzes than anything else. If there were a couple of nuke weilding DHs instead I'd definitely swap the build up and work the CC effects instead of going the max damage route.
Reply Quote
Hello. I really love this play style too. It just doesn't make sense to me to use a bow or crossbow to kill something right in front of you. hahaha

Just a question, though. You think you can take on the ubers with this build and play style? I'd really like to know.

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
I used to play like this when my friend dumped a ton of gear on me, but with little to no hp/ar lol, when getting hit by ANYTHING meant imminent death (150k dps/20k hp, etc.). Ever since I obtained a ton more hp/ar, I've lost the will to dodge and just start face tanking:(.

It just doesn't seem efficient these days to have to dodge !@#$ and at the same time hit your targets spot on.

Either way, good %^-*:D.
Reply Quote
Great video guys, especially since I rarely watch videos +1.

I'm on DiEoxidE's friend list but I never see an open game. I play high MP games when I get home from work (after 4 pm est), join me or send me an invite.
Reply Quote
good job, but too much kite, not enough profit
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 04:06 AMPosted by hiimjoc
Just a question, though. You think you can take on the ubers with this build and play style? I'd really like to know.

Sure we do play ubers often, maybe a video about it could follow :)

Great video guys, especially since I rarely watch videos +1.

I'm on DiEoxidE's friend list but I never see an open game. I play high MP games when I get home from work (after 4 pm est), join me or send me an invite

You can add me too ^^
Reply Quote
So how many deaths between each clip? ;P
Reply Quote
As many as in each clip
Reply Quote
I used to play like this when my friend dumped a ton of gear on me, but with little to no hp/ar lol, when getting hit by ANYTHING meant imminent death (150k dps/20k hp, etc.). Ever since I obtained a ton more hp/ar, I've lost the will to dodge and just start face tanking:(.

It just doesn't seem efficient these days to have to dodge !@#$ and at the same time hit your targets spot on.

Either way, good %^-*:D.

If you can step, attack, dodge and relocate at the same time, you become way more efficient as a player. The better you can step, the less you have to rely on disc skills, the less you have to build defense on your toon, and ultimately more opportunities to deal more damage. It also cost a crap ton less.

We won't lie and say its not a ton of work involved, but most people I've taught to step that took the time to really learn it, never turned back.

good job, but too much kite, not enough profit

Kiting =/= stepping. I agree, kiting is not efficient.

I'm on DiEoxidE's friend list but I never see an open game. I play high MP games when I get home from work (after 4 pm est), join me or send me an invite.

Probably an issue with my setting, or I'm playing the forum game. Sorry!

We do ubers just like this. We have no need to change styles and playing like this for ubers is super fun.
Reply Quote
03/12/2013 11:05 AMPosted by frenzyphonic
really nice DH guys! thinking of swaping my manti for a calamity.

Manticore's are over rated. DW FTW!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]