Diablo® III

[GUIDE]Sleet Storm Blizzard Blast build(SSBB)

I'm having fun with this build, i switched my CM/WW gear and bought the necessary pieces, from 2.79 AS to 1.08 AS... it's nice to change sometimes.

Personally i don't like Blizzard, so i propose 2 variations that i'm testing:
The first is practically the Malakai's build --> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#ZQXhST!gWX!Ya.a.a
Massive damage/healing from Reactive Armor, i was awazed at the beginning; the skills without runes means you can choose the rune you want, depends on your ehp/damage/life steal etc.

The second variation is more "cool looking", but probably less effective --> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#ZQXhfS!gWX!YYZac
Fracture+Frozen Storm+Sleet Storm = amazing 3 dancers with 2 "storms" around them on the screen! from my testing i notice less damage than the Reactive Armor build, but it works absolutely.
One thing to note is that i use Autohotkey, so that i can spam "e" for 12 or 123 spells, and "r" for the right click spell (this one is REALLY useful, you can keep spamming the left click without moving your fingers from left to right; i use autohotkey's scripts for every build i play, i won't live without it).

I tested these at MP6, when i'll upgrade my items i'll try at MP7.
Reply Quote
I'm having fun with this build, i switched my CM/WW gear and bought the necessary pieces, from 2.79 AS to 1.08 AS... it's nice to change sometimes.

Personally i don't like Blizzard, so i propose 2 variations that i'm testing:
The first is practically the Malakai's build --> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#ZQXhST!gWX!Ya.a.a
Massive damage/healing from Reactive Armor, i was awazed at the beginning; the skills without runes means you can choose the rune you want, depends on your ehp/damage/life steal etc.

Is there a reason why you don't like the Blizzard skill for this build ? Is it because of the so-so damage or the fact that it takes AP to use it ? I would like to hear some feedback about it :D

I personally like it because it slows down the monsters and add you nice additional damage and life steal on top of sleet storm and Explosive blast.

I kind of use it for crowd control purpose. Also, where I normally farm, MP8-9, I don't really need diamond shards because my EHP is fine without it and most of the times the MOB is cleared before diamond Shards even triggers.

It's just personal preferences :D
Edited by Heroscaper#1533 on 3/15/2013 12:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Heroscaper.

I tried your version of the spec on MP10 like you requested. It's doable with Power Hungry instead of Astral Presence, but AP can still be an issue at times. For high HP elites, I found myself not able to keep Blizzard going 100% of the time, and had to throttle Explosive Blast every so often. Part of the problem is that I have a lot of extra crit for Ray of Frost, so I get more CM procs, so I'm casting Explosive Blast more often, thus eating up more AP.

The good news is that HP returns (healing) were a lot more smooth with Blizzard going, rather than somewhat bursty like with my variation using Diamond Shards. However, losing that 10k shield buffer made certain elites kinda scary (elite Naga's in VoA with Electrify for example).

MP10 VoA runs were noticeably slower due to more AP issues. Plus when you're surrounded by 3-4 elites, you're able to cast Diamond Shards every couple of seconds or so, making that variation more dps in more situations.

But yea... overall it's doable with your variation on MP10, and should get better if I can get more DPS somehow.
Reply Quote
I must be honest and say first that i tested it for just like 10 minutes, then immediatly dismissed it for Diamond Skin, but the thing i hate most about Blizzard is not his AP cost but the fact it takes an attack turn, aka too many things to do on the battlefield; what i like about this build is that's a "pure" Sleet Storm build. But again i tested it for so few time that i can be wrong.

The second thing is that the addition of blizzard messes a bit with my autohotkey configurations, if i add it in the build i probably should replace Teleport and not Diamond Skin.

Probably ye, just a matter of preferences and playstyles, the good thing is that this kind of builds undoubtedly works.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the great feedback guys !! :D

Gotta keep working on that spec
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
Tried the build, and having fun with it so far. But will try to change some skills. Also dropped the blizzard skill, since it interrupted sleet storm. Will have to look at which wizard skills don't take an animation turn.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 12:02 PMPosted by Warlock
Tried the build, and having fun with it so far. But will try to change some skills. Also dropped the blizzard skill, since it interrupted sleet storm. Will have to look at which wizard skills don't take an animation turn.

Explosive blast and Diamond skin (diamond shards rune) doesn't interrupt Sleet storm.

The thing with Blizzard is that is provides extra life steal on the MOB while channeling Sleet storm.

Like I stated in the guide, this build requires you to effectively maneuver through ennemies to maximize your DPS output and area of effect damage.
Edited by Heroscaper#1533 on 3/18/2013 4:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
electrify isnt better here? :)
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 07:28 PMPosted by Alavien
electrify isnt better here? :)

Can you be a bit more precise ? :)
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
Hmm, nice guide.

If I move my stuff from WD to Wizard, do you think it is enough to play MP8? (Which my WD can do fairly easily)

What helm should I get then? Storm crow (for APOC) or something else?

For gloves, existing or 6/30 Frostburn (I have one in storage)

For ring, I think I have a ROF SOJ somewhere. That should be good right?

Thanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]