Diablo® III

[GUIDE]Sleet Storm Blizzard Blast build(SSBB)

Hmm, nice guide.

If I move my stuff from WD to Wizard, do you think it is enough to play MP8? (Which my WD can do fairly easily)

What helm should I get then? Storm crow (for APOC) or something else?

For gloves, existing or 6/30 Frostburn (I have one in storage)

For ring, I think I have a ROF SOJ somewhere. That should be good right?

Thanks.

hey Wtflag, yes your gear from your WD is almost perfectly suitable for this build. For the helm, the easiest choice for Storm Crow would be one with 5% + critical chance or 7% + critical chance to Ray of frost.

As for the gloves, your existing should do the work. I don't like Frostburns, because you lose too much eHP and critical chance with it. Your gloves is better.

As for the SOJ, get one with 5% + critical chance to Ray of Frost.

With your gear, you will easily be able to do up to MP9. However, MP8 would be the most effective. though.

You can watch my two MP9 videos to see how I handled that level. IMO, it was still very quick. Also, I believes that you have better gear than me, so MP9 would be even more easy for you.

Note: Some people might not like the Blizzard skill for this build, you can replace it by Diamond skin (Diamond shards rune). It will depend on your personal preferences .
Edited by Heroscaper#1533 on 3/20/2013 10:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
03/19/2013 07:28 PMPosted by Alavien
electrify isnt better here? :)

If you're running out of AP a lot due to lower crit chance, and not reducing the cooldown on the spammable spells (Diamond Skin or Explosive Blast) fast enough, passive buffs like Magic Weapon: Electrify and Sparkflint are viable options.

But the reason why Electrify isn't better is because of the low proc coefficient of Sleet Storm.
It just won't proc often enough compared to when you're using Wicked Wind.
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
Is it at all possible to do this build with only lifesteal from Blood Magic so 1.5%? Would it only work with 600k+ dps on MP 8+? Would it work/be efficient @ ~MP5?

I have a pretty damn good (0.90 aps) Mace I'd love to try for either xp farming or essence farming but don't want to invest in the ~300k dps+ gear unless it's worthwhile (and fun).
Edited by blhotz#1823 on 3/21/2013 8:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've tried with calamity and force of wave also. Both fun in their own way, but black ice rune works better for the above 2 mentioned spell.

I tried with tormentor with life steal, couldn't get pass the dps without scaling ias, if not it's amazing item. Charmed mob when sleet storm is cool.

Maximus with ls and chance to freeze is good also, just that the attack too high for permanent sleet storm. Can use power hungry passive to cover up the shortfall of arcane though.

Schaefer hammer is another awesome weapon, getting 180+ critical damage and magic weapon for the lifesteal. 40+ chance of lightning shield covers about half of your defense and the shield crits too. The crit only adds the amount of ls back to you though, i never see my apoc goes up during shield.

Check out my 2nd wizard to get the rough idea of where I'm going. Too many characters to build for now, but I'll definitely gear her once I'm done with my first 5.
Reply Quote
Is it at all possible to do this build with only lifesteal from Blood Magic so 1.5%? Would it only work with 600k+ dps on MP 8+? Would it work/be efficient @ ~MP5?

I have a pretty damn good (0.90 aps) Mace I'd love to try for either xp farming or essence farming but don't want to invest in the ~300k dps+ gear unless it's worthwhile (and fun).

hi blhotz,

It will still work, but your survivability will surely take a huge hit since you will not be able to regenerate health as quick without at least 4% life steal. Unless, you can get your eHP high enough to compensate for not having a life steal weapon. example: 5500 armor, and 900 all resistance.

But since the survivability of this build rely on face tanking MOBS thanks to enormous amount of life steal from your huge damage, I wouldn't recommend using a non-life steal weapon.

However, you could always try to see how it goes and see for yourself. I would definitely try it if I had such a nice 2-handed like yours.
Edited by Heroscaper#1533 on 3/21/2013 9:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote

If only we can have lifesteal on belt. sigh~~~~~~~~~~

There's definitely alternative for survival.
You can gear up on health globe, pick up rate, blackthrone set and use power hungry passive. These aren't that costly, scale up your ehp very well and you could obtain good dps with your weapon.

Would you sell your 2-H? If you put it in ah at a comfortable price, I could buy it from you. You'll get to use the gold to gear up in other areas too.
Reply Quote
i dont know how people can use 0 or 12% movement speed

even with teleport it looks painfully slow
Reply Quote
i dont know how people can use 0 or 12% movement speed

even with teleport it looks painfully slow

We spent majority of the time dealing damage to mob than walking. Even though movespeed cut down walking speed which indirectly save the inevitable time lost, by increasing mp level, the loss(gain) become negligible.

Theory numbers:
Imagine i spend 15mins to clear mp3 with 24% ms
and i spend 15mins to clear mp9 without any ms <- will be a more effective method.

Taking the above example,
if i save 5mins by having 24%ms in mp3
the same 24%ms will still only save 5mins when I move up to higher mp.

So personally I play Act2 Vota to take full advantage of my teleport and lack of movement speed to farm for my 2nd wizard. The teleportation at the edge is only achievable by wizards and barbarians.
As you know barbarians are barbarians, they're free to do anything.
Reply Quote
View profile
Best write up i've seen on a guilde and looks fun from your mp8 video i watched. Look forward to trying it.
Reply Quote
03/22/2013 01:07 AMPosted by Aimless
Best write up i've seen on a guilde and looks fun from your mp8 video i watched. Look forward to trying it.

Thanks Aimless,

I'm looking forward to hear some of your feedback about this build. I hope you'll have fun times just like I did :)
Reply Quote
View profile
I logged to play with this but need another skorn i think to see incredible dps hits and good LS. I sold my skorn to hurt awile back... I survive in mp 10 okay but mobs take awhile to kill. I remember my skorn hitting like a truck though with shocking aspect so i feel ya on that one. Time to get another LS skorn.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 3/22/2013 2:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Question regarding mana management:

Your char has 3 APOC sources. Sleet costs 16 AP. For the calculations simplicity, lets assume your CC is 50%. Every critical hit restores 30 APOC so 15 APOC on average, which means every cast costs you 1 AP on average. That would mean the you can go with huge APS. Testing proves something copletely different. Is APOC on crit scaled by proc coefficients or what?

thanks
Reply Quote
03/22/2013 03:42 AMPosted by konieczny
Is APOC on crit scaled by proc coefficients or what?

Yes.
Reply Quote
03/22/2013 02:27 AMPosted by Aimless
I logged to play with this but need another skorn i think to see incredible dps hits and good LS. I sold my skorn to hurt awile back... I survive in mp 10 okay but mobs take awhile to kill. I remember my skorn hitting like a truck though with shocking aspect so i feel ya on that one. Time to get another LS skorn.

Also, don't forget to swap all of your IAS for critical damage. The first breakpoint is at 1.5 aps, which is very very hard to get for this build.

Which means that from 1,01 to 1.49 aps you don't get that extra tick, which result in a wasted stat. The only item with IAS on it that I would keep is the witching hour. More critical chance and critical damage, the better.
Reply Quote
View profile
Okay it's time for zuni set (boots and ring) I'm not running out of AP anymore due to dumping tones of ias but leaving too much DPS on table not wearing zuni set. 8% is no joke.. Plus 9% ias on nats ring is bad to have. anyway any idea what I should look for in zuni ring besides 6 crit? I got ar armor trials already.

I'm also thinking about BT belt. Not only huge armor but getting the 6% elite bonus for completeling 3 peice set actually out DPS's WH. Plus WH ias is bad too!

This build is the antithesis is sns you want no IAS and huge DPS modifers instead of sheet.lol
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 3/22/2013 12:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Okay it's time for zuni set (boots and ring) I'm not running out of AP anymore due to dumping tones of ias but leaving too much DPS on table not wearing zuni set. 8% is no joke.. Plus 9% ias on nats ring is bad to have. anyway any idea what I should look for in zuni ring besides 6 crit? I got ar armor trials already.

I'm also thinking about BT belt. Not only huge armor but getting the 6% elite bonus for completeling 3 peice set actually out DPS's WH. Plus WH ias is bad too!

This build is the antithesis is sns you want no IAS and huge DPS modifers instead of sheet.lol

If you have a big budget, then I would go with any two out of: 200+ armor, vitality, life% or double roll on intelligence
Reply Quote
why don't you use arcane dynamo? I just tested using Living lightning for extremely fast AD stacks and SS was ticking for anywhere from 600k-1400k
Reply Quote
Question regarding mana management:

Your char has 3 APOC sources. Sleet costs 16 AP. For the calculations simplicity, lets assume your CC is 50%. Every critical hit restores 30 APOC so 15 APOC on average, which means every cast costs you 1 AP on average. That would mean the you can go with huge APS. Testing proves something copletely different. Is APOC on crit scaled by proc coefficients or what?

thanks

Actually Sleet 16ap cost is inaccurate if your final attack speed is more than 1.
The real cost is 16AP x attack speed, so if you're having 1.5 which is the next breakpoint after 1, sleet will cost 24AP per seconds, which mean you say you're losing 9AP on average.

The extra can be covered by arcane regen when you stop channelling sleet, returns from 'power hungry' or just get astral presence for a large arcane pool to cast longer.

The 50% critical chance need to be consider with the low sleet storm proc rate too, although multiple monsters sorta of even it up.

I'll just use power hungry to kill fast, restore life and arcane(need less apoc) fast, and since globe has 20% to drop per kill (maybe wrong on the number), why not take advantage of it. Most of the time these globe are useless because you're either full hp or the heals overshot your max.

Your gear is more cost effective if you increase your ehp and heal base on globes. Many might disagree it being inconsistent because of the hp pool not huge enough to absorb several hits. Increase the denominator and you have the freedom to use whatever reasonable gears you like.
Edited by HachiKumo#6695 on 3/22/2013 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]