Diablo® III

ShockNadoShards(SNS), a CM/WW build [guide]P2

Also, Pie you should consider Ice Climbers + Rare Ring as a viable endgame option. Why? The advantage of Zuni set is 130 Intel and 8 % poison, but you are limited to TriPox, which is expensive and has a CD cap of 34. Ice Climbers can roll 300+ Intel, so if you have 80 Intel Trifecta Ring, set bonus advantage from Zuni is eliminated. The 8% Poison then can be made up by a higher CD roll or simply higher IAS/CC combination with decent CD roll.

The pros of ICs combo is that you have higher Life and/or Armor with ICs, and Rare Rings are "cheaper" (compare to those godly TriPox only lol, still expensive), so compare to a lower level Zuni set, ICs+Rare definitely has its edge. Especially if you use Trifecta Wailing Host, in this case only the mythical max Intel Trifecta Pox can outDPS ICs combo lol also Trifecta Rare is more readily available compare to TriPox, especially if you want to roll max IAS and high CC.

The cons is you probably lose the AR Zuni Ring offers, because I believe AR Trifecta Ring with high DPS is not always available in the market, and very expensive, but the best AR Rare Ring can easily beat Zuni if it appears.

I ALWAYS use nats + zuni set on all my gear builds. It is ridiculously good combination as long as its @ 2.73. With budget in mind tals armor/ar or both is very expensive and blows most entry wizards away so Zuni chest is superior except for the IAS bonus ofc. This just means use of lacunis or trifecta ammy (expensive for useful one).

For 3.0 the budget will be much larger to achieve using both sets but it would also be ideal for this with a IAS wand as well.

the only knock is that with smaller budgets you cant afford CC on either the pox or reflection since its so expensive to have with IAS. However I have been noticing drops in CC reflections (bottom tier ones) so it makes it much more viable for a 300-500m budget wizard nowadays.

Nats+ TriPox + marrow = win. True True. But you lose a lot of Sheet DPS !

Don't take that seriously.
@Pie

- the first, i want say thanks very much for ur Guide about a CM/WW Wizrd... 100% agree with u coz so help me to build my CM Wizrd.
- the second, I need ur advice to get more dps but not lose my CC, ASP, EHP and 30 APOC... please let me know. Thanks
- the third, U nice person coz u want sharing ur knowledge and experiment about CM Wizrd

NIKO
Does increasing attack speed past a break point increase edps?

It seems to me it would have a marginal effect since, for example, explosive blast takes .05 sec (im guessing) to go through the full animation so the most you could possibly get is 2 eb/sec. Or am I missing something.
1 thing to correct you on. I just built my CM Wiz and Iam currently using a 1.77 Chantodos. You have this catagorized as a slow IAS needing 55% IAS but I have 6x9 IAS slots so 54% and I am at 2.73 APS. Just figured I'd let you know so you can adjust your chart :)

P.S. If you look at my gear ignore my gloves they are just placeholders til I can craft a good int pair, I'll just keep farming on my barb til I get 1.

Your in game display is incorrect and is being rounded up.

1.77 and 54% speed = 2.7258

And the actual break point is 2.7272

So in game it rounds up, but infact you are not there yet.

Thanks for your help; Damn rounding. I sold my .23 Chantodos and bought a .24 with just less dps but if I am now actually hitting the BP its all worth it.
One thing I cant figure out:

Ive taken the holy gospel as you need to hit 2.74 and 50% crit to sustain the build, BUT at what point if ever, does losing tons of dps on a slower weapon become more desirable?

A Chantodo's will cant have os and ias, so can anyone give me an idea of what breakpoint i could drop down to and still maintain the build while being able to grab up a weapon that increases my dps from the 100k to 150-200k mark?
One thing I cant figure out:

Ive taken the holy gospel as you need to hit 2.74 and 50% crit to sustain the build, BUT at what point if ever, does losing tons of dps on a slower weapon become more desirable?

A Chantodo's will cant have os and ias, so can anyone give me an idea of what breakpoint i could drop down to and still maintain the build while being able to grab up a weapon that increases my dps from the 100k to 150-200k mark?

It's not the matter of DPS, I believe the lowest desirable breakpoint is 2.51. Even at that breakpoint, windup is painful and your AP return is not ideal, but it works. When the AP bug was still here, 2.51 is a perfect breakpoint everything was good, but now the bug is fixed I think that windup and AP return are not good enough. Still, if you are on a tight budget, it's fine. You actually have higher multiplier at 2.51 ! I don't think you should drop below 2.51, it's "doable", but it doesn't feel like a real CM Wiz anymore.
Btw Piehole, i wanted to thank you for your great Guide!!! *thumbsup*
I learned pretty much!
I´m normally a Monk player, but i sold my EF and started to roll a Wiz.
Now at this time, with paragon Level 49 i think i have a decent one :-)
Its really fun and i wreck/smash/own MP9 like it is a piece of cake. Feels like MP5 with my Monk, lol.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/profile/JeSter-2156/hero/7200107

Maybe u guys have another suggest what i can aim for to improve my toon. (my shoulders i´m currently wearing are because of the nice MF since i´m so low at Paragon :-) i have some decent EHP Monster in my Stash with 220 str 230 Armor, allres 180 Vita)
Today will uprade my gems to 58 ones and then i rly dont know what exactly to replace, was thinking about a 300 avg Chanto Force or a trifecta Ring (but i will lose much mitigation^^)
Also i dont know what i should craft next with Demonic Essence, i think i cant top my gloves and my Amulet is also very good...hm

On a side Note from my expirience:
I tried Meteor with Meteor Shower and its amazing, better then Molten Impact, esp. when i run stonefort back, the Mobs are spreaded in a wider range so Shower will do his max. DPS.
I can run it smooth with 19 Apoc 75,5% Crit with follower and Deepfreeze!!

Greetz from EU!
Edited by JeSter#2156 on 3/15/2013 1:39 AM PDT
@N1K0

Holy CC!!!

I mean...its dumb advice, maybe Boozor will pop on here with something else...but more INT? That's the big difference between you and others that are well over 200k DPS....they start to approach or exceed 3000 INT, and you're 2300. Dump STR and VIT from WH and go for double INT roll. There's also got to be room to improve upon the Taskers - You're giving up the possibility of high INT (150+) and CD.

But you have so many duplicated stats.... Three sources of LoH and three sources of APOC. I'd drop some LoH. Imagine a rare ammy that is 9cc/9ias/95CD (+40 CD would be huge). Maybe some rare pants? (a shot in the dark with this suggestion)...something with 2OS, high INT and VIT, maybe armor/all res. Yeah, you'll lose some sheet EHP since you'll lose the VIT bonus...but something has to give....and missing out on max CD on your ammy hurts a bit. You'd lose APOC, as you said, but a 300 avg damage (or, like, 270+ avg dam and 250 INT) Chant Will would certainly boost your DPS by alot.

Good luck!
@monsta

There's a grey area in there...and I forget what it is......but, basically, adding AS past breakpoint increases your eDPS simply by the fact of adding DPS. It has no impact on the tic rate. There is, interestingly, a slight decrease in the damage multiplier as you increase breakpoint. Its something like this:

2.5....mult 8x
2.73.....mult 7.5x
3.0001.....mult 7x

And I don't think anyone knows why. It means that you'll do more eDPS at lower breakpoints...but you'll be giving up freezing ability and LoH returns. That doesn't mean you shouldnt go to 3.0 (it has its advantages as well) or drop to 2.5 for more damage...Its just a subtle nuance to consider.

EB, after the initial wait (1.5 s), doesn't have any attack animation, which is what makes it so great. They just stack right on top of each other and continuously go off.
@tinkerbell

(In addition to what Novice said....)

Its not really as much of a matter of weapon damage (though that's a big part) that gets you to higher DPS, its INT and CD.

Check out Boozor
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Boozor-1433/hero/14262855

Ok, that's not really fair, since he's Godly....but compare:

CD - he has 157CD out of a possible 250 between ammy, 2xrings, and gloves. You have 63
He has 3129 INT and you have 2113.

That's 1000 INT and 90 CD difference! That's HUGE. I'm certainly not trying to belittle you....(by comparison, I only have 116 CD and 2276 INT for 133k DPS.). The difference is that each of Boozor's items cost more than our whole toons combined.

Try porting your toon into a site like d3up.com. Play around by adding in INT and CD to your items and see what effect it has on DPS. You'll be surprised at how much effect INT and CD have.

Cheers!
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 3/15/2013 7:05 AM PDT
I see.

Thats something to aim for then.

I sold and then re-spent nearly 60 million last night tweaking again and now I'm not dying too much in mp10 at all and the elite fights arent so bad; I think I'm where I can do pugs easily now.

I did find myself running into a lot of scrubs who see my low paragon and dps and then boot me or start asking others in group to boot me prior to even leaving town - do you guys run into this a lot?

Kind of pissed me off for a while. MEH
@tinkerbell

Pub games are kind of a crapshoot. MP10 is probably a stretch for you DPS wise (and for me too!)....Though I don't think most people realize the multiplier effect of SNS. Then again, each class has a multiplier effect, whether they know it or not. I'm sure there are alot of 250k DPS CM's wizards running around in pub games using Energy armor that are doing less DPS than you running SNS. So, screw them if they boot you. And I would think that MP 8 or 9 in pub games would be a better fit though. However, I did a pub game a few nights ago on MP8 that made it feel like MP10. Yikes. It took like a minute to take down each elite group. No thank you. I can do it twice as fast on my own on MP 8. Yeah, part of the fun is social interaction....but prolly not worth a run that takes twice as long!

I did pub games for while until I met a few decent people to play with that I didn't do pubs. And then I met their friends, etc....so now I hardly do pubs. Its nice to play with familiar people that appreciate your playstyle and you can get into a groove with.
@jester

Always like to hear from people in the EU

Holy crafting! Those are some nice trifecta's you have...with the ammy and gloves. Tough to top, really tough. Nice job!

Your toon is looking really solid. I don't have many suggestions. Trifecta ring with All Res, like you said, is the next thing for you. If you add 30 CD, you have to keep at least 100 INT on it to come out ahead (and then, only an extra 3K DPS). Tough to top. More DPS on your chant Force and WIll are two other places to look at too.

Any resistance to doing CC Mempo and APOC WIll? other than the cost, lol? You'd gain IAS there...(as well as All Res!...) and could drop IAS from elsewhere (bracers, left ring, ammy). Maybe if you rolled an ammy with 400 loH, CC, and CD you could work around that.
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 3/15/2013 10:39 AM PDT
@monsta

There's a grey area in there...and I forget what it is......but, basically, adding AS past breakpoint increases your eDPS simply by the fact of adding DPS. It has no impact on the tic rate. There is, interestingly, a slight decrease in the damage multiplier as you increase breakpoint.

But the thing I'm confused about is how does it actually add dps? You can only have so many twisters on screen at one time, right? Also echoing blast after the initial animation has 3 explosions and it seems like it takes .05 sec to get through the entire animation. So at most its like 2 eb/sec.

The dps simulator tells me I when I add attack speed in between breakpoints, my dps increases. I'm just wondering how
@monsta

When you add attack speed there is a linear relationship to DPS....all of your skills work faster, attack faster, use APOC faster, and you do more DPS. Increase IAS and there is a corresponding increase in DPS. And you will put out more twisters....i.e. more DPS.

This is not true with LoH & APOC return and CM procs. The return essentially levels off inbetween the breakpoints. So between an attack speed of 2.5 and 2.726 you will always get the same rate of LoH & APOC return and CM procs to reset cooldowns (with 33 ticks/twister). Once you get to 2.737 AS, your twisters will now roll with 36 ticks/twister....and it's this ~10% increase in rate that results in a big jump in freezing capability, much better APOC return, and more LoH recovery.

Essentially, you see a similar decrease in freezing if you take off the evocation passage (10% faster cooldowns)....so, if you are above the 2.73 breakpoint and do NOT use evocation, the freeze will feel like if you were running at the 2.5 breakpoint. However, you LoH and APOC returns would be unaffected (since evocation only affects cooldown rates)
@monsta

Explosive blast is a little different. You are not casting EB in series, as much as they are all going off in parallel - they just stack on top of each other. In other words, after you cast EB and your 3 blasts go off, you don't have to cast and wait another 1.5 seconds for the next three to start going off.

not like:

1.5s EB EB EB 1.5s sec EB EB EB 1.5s EB EB EB 1.5s EB EB EB

its more like:

1.5s EB EB EB
......1.5s EB EB EB
............1.5s EB EB EB
..................1.5s EB EB EB

So you will always have multiple blasts going off at the same time....
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 3/15/2013 1:44 PM PDT
@pie ok did a few changes would you mind takin a look and see if im mp power ready lol. ty for your help
Very nice guide. Just two questions. Isn't this the same as part 1 and second my current profile isn't updated, I have a pair of gloves with AR, but even with this, do you think I can run mp10 or so with my current dps?
@PIE

thks very much pie, let me try ur advice. just wondering when i try your guide about CM wizrd, really fun playing my wizrd... really help my wizrd :-)

NIKO
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]