Diablo® III

Personal Killstreak

(Locked)

No bragging intended here.

Like a lot of players, I sometimes feels that D3 is boring (grinding, farming, doing the same thing over and over again).

But honestly, I like the game, hence I look for ways to entertain myself such as setting personal goals.

Just for personal fun, I keep track of my highest kill streak and try my best to surpass that.

Currently my highest is 212 (see screenshot below)

Killstreak image: http://imgur.com/FAV6c2a

Just for fun, I was thinking we can post our streak and keep track of the highest so other people can have a goal and the highest can chill like a boss waiting to be surpassed :)

I know that a lot of you out there has done more, but again, just to have a number to chase and set a goal to achieve.

View profile
A wiz did the pot of souls as well as agro most monster in the crypt then used archon think he got 350 or something like that.
Personal record is around the 700 mark. this is gettable in 1 place in the game, fighting the 1st act4 boss. get a very very low dps weapon and use some DoT skills, and dont hit the boss. the shadows spawn forever.

a friend a few weeks pasted me a screenshot of his record, was around the 2k mark set in that place
2k? Wow.

Now thats a nice number to look at.

I did mine in kd2 mp10 (so monster don't die right away and lure them all together)

This act 4 map sounds interesting.
Can you tell me more about it? TIA
im guessing you would be using your Wiz for it.

Get yourself a horrible slow weapon with horrible damage for cheap. like a 700 dps chants want etc (you need to kill em slowly for this to work)

Start the Iskatu (sp?) fight.

Go down to the BOTTOM right corner and slowly attack the shadows. DO NOT ATTACK ISKATU!!!!.

Shadows will continue to spawn until the end of time. just keep attacking shadows. when you get to many on the screen, teleport away from them a bit until they stack up on you again. Dont target Iskatu if you can, as when he dies the shadows stop spawning. If you can not kill Iskatu you can get well north of the 1000 mark.

Just remember, dont have a high DPS when you do this, shadows are weak as it is and die easily, the low DPS is just incase you hit Iskatu by mistake.
My best kill streak has been 178 done in act 1, just before fighting the Skeleton King. It was in the area with the 4 pillars. As long as you don't damage the pillars, the skeletons just keep on a coming.
Around 350...but it shos that its new personal record, but where can we see this.
well. just play iskatu on mp10. as long as you keep iskatu alive, you can pretty much get damm high.
03/14/2013 09:55 PMPosted by Mav2oo0
Around 350...but it shos that its new personal record, but where can we see this.

I manually do a screen shot to keep track of my number.

350 is a good number. What map did you grt this?

03/14/2013 10:17 PMPosted by chrisloup
well. just play iskatu on mp10. as long as you keep iskatu alive, you can pretty much get damm high.

Gonna try this later. But the spawn rate should be fast otherwise kill streak will expire right?

With that being said, does anyone have an idea how kill streak work? Like how many seconds is the max duration between kills to keep it going? Or is it, as long as you are hitting a monster? Because sometimes the message pops up too quickly breaking the counter.
I just did the iskaku boss but i only got 360.

the shadows doesnt seem to spawn anymore.

Am I doing it wrong?
I just got 120 something killed with one strike fighting Iskatu the other day and that was on normal.
unfortunately the shadow guys don't give xp bonus in the iskatu scenario.
Community Manager
Congrats to those of you with crazy kill streaks! There is some good advice in this thread for infinite monster locations. I keep telling myself that one day I will actually attempt to get a decent kill streak and screenshot it, but that day keeps evading me. I think my highest count at the moment is a meager 89 or something. Sad Goatman. :(
View profile
I got 171 with a TR monk in Skycrown Battlements on MP1.
03/14/2013 10:45 PMPosted by lordango

I manually do a screen shot to keep track of my number.

Yeah but you can only screenshot in Windowed. I can't play in Windowed, because it breaks video streams (Youtube), and I like to listen to things while I play.
http://i.imgur.com/pUXib.jpg

Tried to engage my fellow witch doctors in this some months ago without much luck.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5848175817
Hell level, go to Fields of Misery, see if Decaying crypt is up.

Next step is to find an elite pack of Spewing Horrors (wretched mothers), train them to other Spewing Horrors within the crypt. If none are there, reset until you find one.

Have low dps weapon on so you don't kill'em to fast (I mean really low, remember your main stat will boost it)

Only kill spawns, leaving the Spewing horrors to spawn more mobs.
When I did him in hell with weak archon, I once killed 211 in 1 hit :)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]