Diablo® III

SoJ desirable stats

Hello, I have a handful of SoJ holdin out in my stash and a couple are WD, wonderin which procs you guys like like locust swarm, acid cloud etc and which procs are garbage as AH doesnt help much. Obviously zombie dogs are good :P. Thanks for any info
Reply Quote
Honestly, I don't think SOJ is really worth it. You sacrifice a lot of useful stats and it makes your paper dps looks bad (check out my profile). I use SOJ because I love the feeling of a "dedicated" build.

However, the ones I would get are:

1. No less than 27% Elite
2. Skill bonus needs to be close to perfect

I would only consider SOJ as WD for the following skills: Zombie Dog, Zombie Bear, Spirit Barrage, Firebats, 2H weapon build with Acid Cloud.

The reason is that if you are not spamming secondary spells that cost a lot of mana, then the +mana on SOJ is kind of pointless. If you are only looking to spam Primary attacks, you are better off using a good CC/CD/AS Ring than SOJ, IMO.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 3/15/2013 2:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Honestly, I don't think SOJ is really worth it. You sacrifice a lot of useful stats and it makes your paper dps looks bad (check out my profile). I use SOJ because I love the feeling of a "dedicated" build.

This is true your sheet dps can look like poop, but the Soj can really help you get some really nice Effective damage numbers on them elites and ubers, and I love that.

I use a spirit barrage soj with a spirit barrage serpent, and it's just awesome to see elites hp just melt like butter, and like you, I also enjoy having my build feel dedcated. Mmm those purple streaks of melty
Edited by DonBukka#1245 on 3/15/2013 2:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote

This is true your sheet dps can look like poop, but the Soj can really help you get some really nice Effective damage numbers on them elites and ubers, and I love that.

I use a spirit barrage soj with a spirit barrage serpent, and it's just awesome to see elites hp just melt like butter, and like you, I also enjoy having my build feel dedcated. Mmm those purple streaks of melty

I was messing with my Firebats - Fetish build this morning but I do have nice Spirit Barrage items. I am a SB junky.

I still have mixed feelings about SOJ because +skill does not improve pets. All CC/CD/AS can increase pets' overall damage.

Yes, I do kill elites a bit faster and maybe it has its use in pvp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]