Diablo® III

Use Of Dyes For Legendary/Set Items

(Locked)

I'd like to see this done in a future patch. I think it's kind of a drag that if you have a Legendary or Set item, that you're stuck with either having that color or using a Vanishing Dye on the item. For example I had my Wizard in all Royal Dye gear, but just bought Zunimassa's Trail & they are white. I'm kind of OCD about things matching, so I'd prefer to be able to dye my boots Purple or all the rest of my gear White. Plus, it would help for having a little bit more customization of characters allowing people to differentiate themselves & stand out. I'm sure quite alot of people would like to see this change happen as well.
This REALLY needs to happen. :(
stop ressurecting old dead posts when its VERY VERY easy to see that they already announced they are working on allowing this.
item skinning!
04/10/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Gulgoth
stop ressurecting old dead posts when its VERY VERY easy to see that they already announced they are working on allowing this.

When did they announce this? :O
They need to overhaul the dye system.

Dying armor right now is barely even noticable for most items.

Main color
secondary color
Needs to be added so players can get rid of default colors. When you dye a piece of yellow and gray armor purple... they don't want it purple and gray....

People want the ability to dye the majority of it one color, changing the accents to another color.

Armor dyes should be taken into consideration... so many are in this game... and only a handful are even used due to them not being noticable on armor.. or not dying legendaries.
Blue said they were working on it but since each and every legendary item has to be retextured for the dyes, it takes a little time.
Blizzard Employee
I'd like to see this done in a future patch. I think it's kind of a drag that if you have a Legendary or Set item, that you're stuck with either having that color or using a Vanishing Dye on the item. For example I had my Wizard in all Royal Dye gear, but just bought Zunimassa's Trail & they are white. I'm kind of OCD about things matching, so I'd prefer to be able to dye my boots Purple or all the rest of my gear White. Plus, it would help for having a little bit more customization of characters allowing people to differentiate themselves & stand out. I'm sure quite alot of people would like to see this change happen as well.
We're keen on the idea as well, and we're currently working on making dyes usable with Legendaries. As I mentioned previously, our artists actually have to go back and redo the textures on each of the Legendaries in order to make them dye-compatible, which is why it isn't a quick-fix.

When we have an update for you on this, we'll make sure to let you know. :)
Good Job Vael, now make it happen. I just hate Innas Temperance being Aqua blue against a pitch black IK set, them bright pants OMG
Edited by Sinag#1172 on 4/17/2013 2:51 PM PDT
but the blue pants match the ice climbers so well! can't wait to dye my IK stuff the same color lol
We're keen on the idea as well, and we're currently working on making dyes usable with Legendaries. As I [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593623207?page=2#21"]mentioned previously[/url], our artists actually have to go back and redo the textures on each of the Legendaries in order to make them dye-compatible, which is why it isn't a quick-fix.

the time this has taken sort of explains the decade long development
We're keen on the idea as well, and we're currently working on making dyes usable with Legendaries. As I [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593623207?page=2#21"]mentioned previously[/url], our artists actually have to go back and redo the textures on each of the Legendaries in order to make them dye-compatible, which is why it isn't a quick-fix.

I think it might be easier to actually allow us to "swap" the look of the legendary items. Like lets say an Andariels with an IK helmet. Because that would not require any texturing, its just a "replacement" of textures that already exist within the game. So that should be not that much of an problem like to retexture the items.

Because honestly ... some items really dont work ... I mean ... baby blue pants ... com on ...how did you not realized that while testing the game :p

I also really want to see more then what we have now. Even if you get an item and change the colour not the "whole" item is changed, but only rather small parts on it, which is with some items something you can hardly see.

04/10/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Gulgoth

will just take some 11 months before we get it ...
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 4/17/2013 3:10 PM PDT
I loved random colours in D2.

When you found pink boneshield with great stats, then you earned few coins, but you won jackpot with the same one in blue colour. It was another dimension of fun and of the economy.

Anyway, dyeable leg/set items will be better then current D3 system imo.
yes, but I never had the feelings that items in d2 looked THAT ugly that you could ont use it. Or that your eyes would melt from the look. The overall design was pretty cool. And many items, like the bone helmets, swords, armor etc. had an nice design on it. I think something that made it tolerable was the fact that D2 was not "shiny". Even if you had an "pink" or "purple" piece of armor, it was not glowing like an X-mas tree.

But baby blue pants on your barb ... that glow like an x-mas tree? Or a monk looking as colourfull like a clown? And that is supposed to be this mature, gritty and dark H&S so many people enjoyed in the past?

But if that is not convincing you ... then take a look on Tyraels Might on a MALE barb ... and tell me it doesnt bother you ... how anyone could let that get in the game is something I will never understand.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 4/17/2013 3:24 PM PDT
As I mentioned previously, our artists actually have to go back and redo the textures on each of the Legendaries in order to make them dye-compatible, which is why it isn't a quick-fix.

Without sounding too demanding, that was posted 3 months ago though. I think we can call it a slow-fix by now.
I'll be quite happy when this happens, so tired of having my characters look like they fell into a vat of multicolored paint.
04/17/2013 03:00 PMPosted by Gardrell
All I read was..."We didn't do it correctly when we released the beta in May, so we're changing it and will hopefully have this fixed by the time the game is ready for an actual "release""
... on playstation 3.

fixed.
character customization?
PFFFT... doubt players want that.
yes, but I never had the feelings that items in d2 looked THAT ugly that you could ont use it. Or that your eyes would melt from the look. The overall design was pretty cool. And many items, like the bone helmets, swords, armor etc. had an nice design on it. I think something that made it tolerable was the fact that D2 was not "shiny". Even if you had an "pink" or "purple" piece of armor, it was not glowing like an X-mas tree.

But baby blue pants on your barb ... that glow like an x-mas tree? Or a monk looking as colourfull like a clown? And that is supposed to be this mature, gritty and dark H&S so many people enjoyed in the past?

But if that is not convincing you ... then take a look on Tyraels Might on a MALE barb ... and tell me it doesnt bother you ... how anyone could let that get in the game is something I will never understand.

Clearly you never used the Leviathan unique sharktooth armor in D2, that was the single ugliest piece of equipment in the game. Pair that with a nice res all shield (bright purple) and you had yourself the beginning of the ugliest possible character in D2.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]