Diablo® III

Use Of Dyes For Legendary/Set Items

(Locked)

04/17/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Woah
As I mentioned previously, our artists actually have to go back and redo the textures on each of the Legendaries in order to make them dye-compatible, which is why it isn't a quick-fix.

Without sounding too demanding, that was posted 3 months ago though. I think we can call it a slow-fix by now.

^^^^Was thinking the same thing, except it was a lot longer than 3 months ago it was originally posted / explained.
Working on it?

Just click a check box and hotfix it in.

What the hell needs to be worked on about it?

Oh, maybe they need new art? Yeah fine if that's the case than I guess we need to wait for that. But it's not like they couldn't have anticipated people wanting this.

I'd like to be able to dye weapons and shield and offhands too. Anything that has a visual effect.
I couldn't care less about dying legendaries.

Blizzard, quit wasting time on these pointless requests and work on getting us the EXPANSION PACK. We need more Acts and areas to farm.

Clearly you never used the Leviathan unique sharktooth armor in D2, that was the single ugliest piece of equipment in the game. Pair that with a nice res all shield (bright purple) and you had yourself the beginning of the ugliest possible character in D2.

Don't forget your shako head condom
04/17/2013 02:47 PMPosted by Vaeflare
our artists actually have to go back and redo the textures on each of the Legendaries in order to make them dye-compatible, which is why it isn't a quick-fix.

Maybe you want to redo set masks into real helms so you don't need to redo their textures again in the future.
I'd like to see this done in a future patch. I think it's kind of a drag that if you have a Legendary or Set item, that you're stuck with either having that color or using a Vanishing Dye on the item. For example I had my Wizard in all Royal Dye gear, but just bought Zunimassa's Trail & they are white. I'm kind of OCD about things matching, so I'd prefer to be able to dye my boots Purple or all the rest of my gear White. Plus, it would help for having a little bit more customization of characters allowing people to differentiate themselves & stand out. I'm sure quite alot of people would like to see this change happen as well.
We're keen on the idea as well, and we're currently working on making dyes usable with Legendaries. As I [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593623207?page=2#21"]mentioned previously[/url], our artists actually have to go back and redo the textures on each of the Legendaries in order to make them dye-compatible, which is why it isn't a quick-fix.

When we have an update for you on this, we'll make sure to let you know. :)
Thanks i am actually interested in this as well i mean it would be cool to be able to change legs to different colors
I'd like to see this done in a future patch. I think it's kind of a drag that if you have a Legendary or Set item, that you're stuck with either having that color or using a Vanishing Dye on the item. For example I had my Wizard in all Royal Dye gear, but just bought Zunimassa's Trail & they are white. I'm kind of OCD about things matching, so I'd prefer to be able to dye my boots Purple or all the rest of my gear White. Plus, it would help for having a little bit more customization of characters allowing people to differentiate themselves & stand out. I'm sure quite alot of people would like to see this change happen as well.
We're keen on the idea as well, and we're currently working on making dyes usable with Legendaries. As I [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593623207?page=2#21"]mentioned previously[/url], our artists actually have to go back and redo the textures on each of the Legendaries in order to make them dye-compatible, which is why it isn't a quick-fix.

When we have an update for you on this, we'll make sure to let you know. :)

You know... Now that this has been brought up, I'd like to say a dye feature for legendary items is definitely needed. Although, there is something more than the dye that really puts me on tilt.

I hate the fact that Legendary and Set boots use the same friggin 3D model. Who cares if the boots get a new color, they're still the same pair of boots. Ice Climbers, Firewalkers, IK Boots, Archon boots, SAGE boots - They ALL have a unique look on your "gear page" But share the exact same 3d Model!

While you have your artists going back to redo texture work, please have them create a unique 3d model for each type of boots.

This, to me, sticks out as a soar thumb, and tells me that blizzard was rushing to meet deadlines before d3 release. Forcing them to reuse the same boots, not once, twice, not even three times.. but many many times over.

With all the "Polishing" of features and details that have gone into diablo 3 post release this should be addressed since blizzard clearly didn't have the time to complete the other models.
What need to be done is to have armor and weapon customization like in Guild Wars 2 were you can apply 2-4 colors to 1 item and change the look of pieces of armor by changing the visual with same slot items that look better
we need a dye color that we can define freely from full rgb color space.
Rainbow dye plox!

I want puke rainbows as I whirlwind through the legions of hell, so when the demon accountants come to survey the results of battle they will have to log "death by nyancat" as the probable cause of death for 90% of their deceased.
The Train is late.

Seriously thought that the game is very restrictive, we need more air to breathe.
Im still waiting for option to swap design between items. For example I want my innas armor to look like natalya armor and innas pants to diggers. I made topic but blizzard didnt answer about this option. They wrote about it once weeks ago (as i remember clearly) but they didnt give us any more information about it. I would like to see it in 1.0.8 so much, my friends wants it as well but we must be patient. I just would like to get information from Blizzard employer that type of customization will be in diablo 3 sooner or later. At the moment I see only informations about DYE's. I want hood on my demon hunter - no a samurai mask (blue, red, yellow, pink mask... all looks bad).

I hope someone from blizzard will give us information about it in this topic because my previous one is just dead.

btw. I play since beta diablo 3 come out and I like how the game changed since first release. Keep it up!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]