Diablo® III

I'm going to blame new patch for our mess.

Shandlar left to monk b/c his Godly ehp iis no longer needed.
I kept chasing dps over ehp and my toon became uglier and glassier
Now we have over flooded 200K dps sns/cm wizzes but most of them seem glassy.
I believed in EHP over DPS and I betrayed myself.

It was more difficult to maintain high EHP and still respectable DPS.
It's so much easier to gain DPS and drop EHP.

I understand Aimless now. I want the reflex damage back. Let it hurt us. We want pain back.
Reply Quote
dat feeling

it's true how the patch is turning us into such. hell look at me
Reply Quote
^ agreed
Reply Quote
Pass 200k DPS I have no intention to drop my mitigation further, it's kinda dangerous to drop this low already.

Now I think Boozor was really beastly when he had 850/5k and 250k DPS (right?!), and 3.01 aps ffs

And Charlatan was off the radar xD
Reply Quote
I went against the trend since 1.07 and increased my EHP to 860AR, 5K armor and 1500 LOH. Now I'm stuck with upgrades.
Reply Quote
Take solace in the fact that DHs are now the de facto red-headed stepchildren of D3.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 09:31 AMPosted by zhouxin
I went against the trend since 1.07 and increased my EHP to 860AR, 5K armor and 1500 LOH. Now I'm stuck with upgrades.

*thumbs up*

maybe it's time for Marq. !
Reply Quote
If you can't facetank mp10 skeleking uber baseball swing, than I don't consider you a top-tier SNS wiz.
Reply Quote
I don't really see how 1.07a drastically changed things. They nerfed RD a little so that it's periodic, they definitely made plague more challenging, and the desecrate change was neglible since it was always mitigated with proper movement.

They buffed ubers, and the fixed APOC scaling. I don't think the content itself has gotten easier, it's the availability of really good gear, and duped gear is what is driving the perception. Really good gear, but maybe not ultra top tier. is more affordable than ever, and more abundantly available.

As the other post stated, once 1.08 reitemization comes out, there's always a chance they rebalance difficulty, assuming gear is only going to get better, in both terms of EHP and DPS.

Adjusting to the times part of the fun.
Reply Quote
For a while, I think it is time blizzard should buff the damage of high mp (mainly 9 and 10) while maintaining or slightly reducing the life of high mp monsters.

The reason why most players go for glass cannon build is because 1) monsters hurt less; 2) takes too long to kill.

This has been against blizzard's general rule unless they have decided to change at some point.
Reply Quote
at least in 1.06, it was impressive to look at Shandlar's set up or Darshu's set up. You looked at their profiles over and over again and said, wow...he must be Godly.

Now, check out everyone (including me). dinky 4000armor, 700AR but massive 200k+dps or even up to 300K+ dps. These guys literally melt through MP10 though.

but it was respectable when someone had 5500armor, 850AR and 200k+dps. Now, everyone is all in 200K-300k dps. We all look the same, feel the same.

@Zhouxin. you are the last man standing. and you will start laughing at all of us. Good Job by sticking to your gun. Those BT Juni pants look very nice.
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 3/18/2013 9:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 09:34 AMPosted by Junger
As the other post stated, once 1.08 reitemization comes out, there's always a chance they rebalance difficulty

See

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8087879561?page=7#134
Reply Quote
go for 900 ar xD and feel different
Reply Quote
I had 900 AR before, 1k AR with 2.51. It felt invulnerable, so I approve.
Reply Quote
So reitemization is farther away...I might not be so hesitant to buy some upgrades then.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 09:40 AMPosted by EmperorMao
On average how many threads to you open a day yoda? I'm really super curious =P
\

whenever, I'm waiting for patients to be get numb. I go back and forth all day. Forum keeps me busy all day while I'm working on patients. or waiting for hygiene checks. Multi task including forum keeps me busy all day. =)
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 09:37 AMPosted by yodatoy
at least in 1.06, it was impressive to look at Shandlar's set up or Darshu's set up. You looked at their profiles over and over again and said, wow...he must be Godly.

That's because getting gear like that cost billions in 1.06, which back then was actually worth thousands of dollars. Now a billion gold is $44. Also, comparable gear is abundantly available. There are more "godly" players around because you can get "godly" gear for the price of a Big Mac Combo Meal.
Reply Quote
^ I like big mac combo LOL
Reply Quote
View profile
itt: first world problems
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]